Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Camel Camus posted:

Honestly the worst part of that is absolutely that you're playing so much blind pick why do you hate yourself that much?

He really wants to play Tahm Kench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

:thunk: ... It's everyone else who's wrong. :hai:

Why do you build the things you build.

I can't tell whether your playing a lovely top or a lovely support.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Yesterday I queued up in a 4 man group. We got paired with a Lee Sin jungler. We pinged invade and went in. He followed and we picked someone and he got a kill. He backed and bought, walked back out and executed to Krugs on his first clear. He t hen upgraded to blue smite and bought sweeper. Blue smite. Sweeper. Lee Sin.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Addamere posted:

these builds make perfect sense for games from season four

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

Yesterday I queued up in a 4 man group. We got paired with a Lee Sin jungler. We pinged invade and went in. He followed and we picked someone and he got a kill. He backed and bought, walked back out and executed to Krugs on his first clear. He t hen upgraded to blue smite and bought sweeper. Blue smite. Sweeper. Lee Sin.

Ward hopping is hard pal

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Transient People posted:

I feel like HotS kits generally aren't more interesting that the latest ones from League, but they're certainly weirder. Cho'Gall is more bizarre than any League kit even though none of the abilities are as unique as the uses you can give Taliyah's Weaver Wall. Really wish there was individual snowballing to HotS so specific kits could be more relevant.

Yeah, that's fair. I was thinking in terms of breaking the moba formulas, a la abathur / chogall and what not. And yeah, agreed on the individual snowballing.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

he is training on lee sin by focusing on fundamentals. his shifu told him he is not allowed to ward hop until he can win 150 games without using the technique, using only one hand. my shifu made me go through similar training when i was learning how to play master yi on the summit of a mountain.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Only by freeing your mind can you liberate their inhibitor. Each of us is intertwined, connected strong like Rush Hour, or as weak as a single cannon minion, last hit a full half second too early. In these, we celebrate the mystery of red buff and cherish the simple, glorious pleasure of Making the Play, even in greyscale.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CubeTheory posted:

the other day i was up against a lee sin who was getting ready to gank us bot, he placed his ward hop ward, q'd it, and walked away

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

the other day i was up against a lee sin who was getting ready to gank us bot, he placed his ward hop ward, q'd it, and walked away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_pJLkhXhS4&t=87s

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ornns the best jungler in the game and the ultimate "udyr end game fantasy". Congrats to Ornn

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

macklemore plays league of legends.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Congratss to Macklemore & all of us.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think people are at least a little upset because a lot of us really only spent money out of brand loyalty. I'm generally slow to buy stuff relating to video games cause I've been spoiled by steam, I'll play games on a lag so I can pick them up for 5-10 bucks years after release. The money I've spent on lol is unusual because I spent it the same way i did with fundraisers for this forum, I bought skins and boxes for friends cause I appreciated what they were doing. If I were to directly compare it to what i've gotten out of other multiplayer games like starcraft or diablo 2, it's obviously a bad value, but that's not why I opened my wallet.

I never really thought I was owed everything for what i've spent on presents and such, but it does give me pause when people genuinely argue that I'm owed nothing when I compare it to other games I spent less cash on but was still given everything.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

A burn so dire someone is legally required to call the suicide tip hotline.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

holy poo poo lmao

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

honestly dude if you don't put any gokus on your scoreboard.jpg why are you even bothering

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Calling it now: if the W changes go through (or maybe either way) Ornn is going to be a ~good~ jungle pick/maybe top. I think he's actually already pretty good with w - q - e max + like, cinderhulk into some combination of RG/iceborn/mask.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

foutre posted:

Calling it now: if the W changes go through (or maybe either way) Ornn is going to be a ~good~ jungle pick/maybe top. I think he's actually already pretty good with w - q - e max + like, cinderhulk into some combination of RG/iceborn/mask.

What W changes?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rygar201 posted:

What W changes?

PBE buffs at one point were:
code:
Q - Pillar now pops up faster AND if the pillar pops under a champion they are knocked up
W - Fire cone is wider and longer (not sure if we had specific units); slowed to 50% instead of slowed to 35%
R - speed to 1200 from 1050
E: Changes mean he gets some more conditional CC on Q (which should be easier to disrupt clustered fights with) but more importantly the pillar being snappier means Q-E should be an actual combo for laning/ganks now. W changes also mean you shouldn't miss with it at odd times (e.g. when jungling) and casting it during a trade/gank shouldn't mean your opponent is immediately out of the danger zone.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, his q wasn't already a knock up? You'd almost think it would've been a given considering his whole gimmick is cc bot

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait, his q wasn't already a knock up? You'd almost think it would've been a given considering his whole gimmick is cc bot

No. Part of the reason that he feels so bad to play is that he's super slow and all of his hard CC is conditional. Theoretically he has lots of lockdown but he's hard countered by building tier 2 boots.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They really have to be careful about buffing him a lot because the sheer amount of crowd control he boasts is incredible. But those are a lot of nice potential changes. I'd love to be able to use him out of the jungle but the current iteration is way too weak

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Those changes were already hotfixed in.

The W buff he's talking about is making his W do max %hp damage instead of current %hp damage.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Teikanmi posted:

The W buff he's talking about is making his W do max %hp damage instead of current %hp damage.

Oh. Has it reflected in a meaningful increase in his winrate?

Also you totally can hit me up with image ideas for the next thread in PMs and stuff. I'll make it when the season ends and all that.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Also you totally can hit me up with image ideas for the next thread in PMs and stuff. I'll make it when the season ends and all that.

The stats I could find show that he had a very small uptick at some levels of play that's not much different from the new champion smell wearing off.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

Servaetes posted:

I would argue yes, but it's been mitigated by people skilling/building him in very wrong ways. He already has a ~54% win rate in the Jungle with w-q-e max/skill order, and a 50%+ win rate in top lane with the same. I ~think~ that once people start maxing w first more consistently it'll go up higher overall, but we'll see.

I think cinderhulk - righteous glory/iceborn/mask (some combination thereof) plus like, 9/0/21 with grasp or courage of the colossus is already statistically doing pretty well, and it should start to translate to better overall win rates. Hard to say for sure though, given ~league statistics~

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Is Orrn worth 6300 blue sparkles though?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

foutre posted:

I would argue yes, but it's been mitigated by people skilling/building him in very wrong ways. He already has a ~54% win rate in the Jungle with w-q-e max/skill order, and a 50%+ win rate in top lane with the same. I ~think~ that once people start maxing w first more consistently it'll go up higher overall, but we'll see.

I think cinderhulk - righteous glory/iceborn/mask (some combination thereof) plus like, 9/0/21 with grasp or courage of the colossus is already statistically doing pretty well, and it should start to translate to better overall win rates. Hard to say for sure though, given ~league statistics~

I don't think separating out the "correct" build paths is particularly useful because most champs have that sort of effect. For instance, looking at the LoLalytics page for Sejuani, her overall win rate is 53%, which is really good (second best for junglers.) Despite that, her performance vastly improves if you sort for the highest performing builds. She has a lot of three item sets and skill orders that put her above 60% win rate. Maybe some champs benefit from this more than others, but if you look at the optimal performance of Ornn relative to the optimal performance of other champs he'd probably still fall short, since he needs optimal performance to reach win rates that other champs reach overall.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Janna is sitting at a 56% winrate right now. I'd been enjoying getting back into this game playing top lane, but I'm honestly not sure if I can empirically justify playing anything else especially when considering how much effort it takes to actually play Janna.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

have you seen my baby posted:

Janna is sitting at a 56% winrate right now. I'd been enjoying getting back into this game playing top lane, but I'm honestly not sure if I can empirically justify playing anything else especially when considering how much effort it takes to actually play Janna.
Everyone gets a ban now, so you never have to play against Janna.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

who cares . just play what you think is fun

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

what if i think winning is fun ever think of that one????

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what if i think winning is fun ever think of that one????

then go ahead, play what you think is fun. but outside of like the top level of play you can really just do whatever the hell you want, and playing champions you are comfortable with will yield far better results on almost every level of play than blindly picking whatever is statistically best. just ask methanar

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tromp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

pog boyfriend posted:

then go ahead, play what you think is fun. but outside of like the top level of play you can really just do whatever the hell you want, and playing champions you are comfortable with will yield far better results on almost every level of play than blindly picking whatever is statistically best. just ask methanar

don't fool yourself into thinking you can play things like tristana.

stick to your one trick

• Locked thread