Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember when there was that flood of thinkpieces where someone went "I was once a Bernie Bro; I once, as they say, 'felt the Bern,' but then I realized how sexist it was to care about economics, and now I am proudly #WithHer, and if you are not sexist as well then you should be too! :)" and then when you looked into the authors' history they were all alums of, like, the Gingrich or Romney campaigns and worked at Goldman Sachs

No reason to bring that up really I'm just mad and would like a Frosty pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I've been laughing at the quoted tweet for 10 minutes it's beautiful

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

Remember when there was that flood of thinkpieces where someone went "I was once a Bernie Bro; I once, as they say, 'felt the Bern,' but then I realized how sexist it was to care about economics, and now I am proudly #WithHer, and if you are not sexist as well then you should be too! :)" and then when you looked into the authors' history they were all alums of, like, the Gingrich or Romney campaigns and worked at Goldman Sachs

No reason to bring that up really I'm just mad and would like a Frosty pls

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/aarti411/status/905149737573113856

this is the type of poo poo they're trying to cleave off but whatever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

etalian posted:

Bernie never lost his shoe in the primary fight

no but a lot of people lost their shirts lol

I DONATED BERNICE SANDRA'S COLLEGE FUND MATCH ME

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought that dril post was a zegermans quote until the last sentence

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Streak posted:

I thought that dril post was a zegermans quote until the last sentence

well I believe a goon did actually name his daughter bernice sandra. Or maybe it was an r/s4p dude. same thing.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Nanomashoes posted:

America was founded by a bunch of prudes who care really really hard about the specific wording of the bible how could it not be a sue happy country.

America was founded by syphilitic racists strokeposting about freedom

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some gems from facebook

Some Idiot posted:

I don't think Hillary deserves the flack she's getting in this thread, but whatever. It's still happening all over America.

From the outside looking in, I despised the polarising nature of the Democratic primaries. This is something I've seen up front in Canadian leadership races, where leadership candidates will occasionally have to mind themselves from getting too personal, lest their create too much ammunition for the opposition to use against them in the next election.

I do blame in part, the Bernie-or-Bust movement. We know that many of those people voted for Trump because they had built up in their minds an image of Hillary as a villain.

And now we are still at the point where we can't talk about this rationally, where Hillary cannot even explain her side of the story without being accused again, of not taking responsibility. She is taking responsibility, but she's also allowed to explain in great detail exactly what she saw.

Course I still think Hillary's biggest obstacle was the fact that she's a woman. I just can't see past this one truth I've always seen in politics, that in the court of public opinion, scandal sticks to women, older women especially far more than it sticks to men.

Some Idiot continued posted:

This also speaks to another inherent frustration with politics, wherein it's one person's political record vs a guy who just has said a bunch of stuff. Inevitably, one gets challenged for all these difficult decisions they had to make while in office at high positions, and the other one can just shout loudly with nothing to be held accountable for.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

glad joe is back (thread)

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/905210362416463872

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

KomradeX posted:

Some gems from facebook

Trump 2020

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/karengeier/status/905223953060388865

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

except the 2008 primary was close

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shut up zegermans

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I can't wait to read about people gushing over Clinton's truth-telling, straight-talking, bitter-clinging book coming out next week

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

KomradeX posted:

Some gems from facebook

i agree, hilary's brief political record wasn't nearly as comforting as bernie's long track record of promoting the general good

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

except the 2008 primary was close

no

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

i'm absolutely not going back over either election's primary calendar, but i have a vague recollection of doing so at the time in 2016 when it was all but over and seeing that obama basically had it on lockdown around the same time

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

Shut up zegermans

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

:siren: :siren:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Zhulik posted:

America was founded by syphilitic racists strokeposting about freedom

sounds like another group of people who like lawsuits

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i'm absolutely not going back over either election's primary calendar, but i have a vague recollection of doing so at the time in 2016 when it was all but over and seeing that obama basically had it on lockdown around the same time

Clinton literally said she was sticking in the race in case somebody killed Obama

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clinton literally said she was sticking in the race in case somebody killed Obama

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/905215702583439362

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

yeah joe prince is great despite what the mouthbreathers in the chapo thread said

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im just glad he's safe. following him can be a rollercoaster at times :smith:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

obama didn't have the pledged delegate count locked up until may whereas clinton pretty much had an insurmountable lead after super tuesday

but that misses the point of why sanders ran and why he didn't immediately drop out after clinton basically had the nomination wrapped up

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

wasnt hillary's delegate count inflated by some fuckery in one state that obama didn't campaign in 'cause rules were broken

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
she wanted to get michigan and florida's full delegations seated

originally they were to have their entire delegation count voided but the dnc decided to give them a 50% penalty instead

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my favorite part is when he got exactly what he wanted in the platform and the goalposts instantly moved to "yeah but they're not gonna really do it"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shut up zegermans

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

my favorite part is when he got exactly what he wanted in the platform and the goalposts instantly moved to "yeah but they're not gonna really do it"

well they didn't :smugbert:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

shut up ze

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Actually the goalposts remained "stupid rear end Hillary adjusts her platform only long after everyone demands it of her forever, and then still comes off as not really believing in it. She sure is a lovely dem!"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

shut up and kiss me zegerman

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zegermans posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the party platform if the party nominee doesn't run on it.:psyduck:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Calibanibal posted:

this escalated quickly

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Calibanibal posted:

i'll be down to wrestle zegermans naked to get him to shut up