Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Quick reminder that Styxhexxenhammer is a warlock irl and you could be inviting curses upon yourselves.

:stare: poo poo poo poo poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Quick reminder that Styxhexxenhammer is a warlock irl and you could be inviting curses upon yourselves.

that's ok i got the circle circle dot dot anti-warlock shot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

I can't remember which thread was asking how Styxy is so popular, but he really blew up his followership because he was the guy who popularized Kek god meme magic.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Huh.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I can't remember which thread was asking how Styxy is so popular, but he really blew up his followership because he was the guy who popularized Kek god meme magic.

When I read that I was like nah, that's a josh or a jibe or a joke, that's a bridge too far for someone who looks so on top of things. But I'll be god damned if he doesn't explain meme magic with a straight face in the same way a contractor explains how he or she will sink your new septic tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvCdTzxyxU

I did not watch this video, I picked 5 spots in it and listened to a couple sentences. He seems to be saying that people pass memes around for many different reasons.

Some paraphrasing:
Just like like the occult, memetics can work if it is witnessed and the one who witnesses believes in it a bit. If I curse someone, and they believe it, their behavior may be altered because they witness the curse.... You can rationalize it in secular terms... As from below above and from above as below so the two are twain.

I believe in natural selection, that is in part why I am a capitalist

You put an image on the internet and it goes viral, what is it doing? It is replicating itself because all we are is a brain with a survival suit attached to it.

With memetics we can look at ebolachan or kek and say the religious has evolved as well, in accordance with natural selection. Memetics is aiding this process, the information age has sped up the evolutionary process of man by a factor of 100 and this has an effect on the occult. I remarked years ago that the occult was undergoing a renaissance due to the information age because arcane material used to be in small book stores and it is now all over the web.

By taking the name of a pagan deity now rediscovered by the internet community and then put in on pepe and call it kek, yeah, that affects people's behavior. Not just bored neck beards circle jerking, no this is an authentic pagan force that used to be venerated as very real. You have just successfully rediscovered an entire ancient tradition. You are now venerating this, it causes an impact in the real world, those who witness this will change their behavior.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this makes more sense than it should. thank you.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

one of my favorite things ever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

A Handed Missus posted:

:owned:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

A Handed Missus posted:

you'd think a guy with a face like that would have built up a resistance to punching by that age

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

A Handed Missus posted:

lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

A Handed Missus posted:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
holy poo poo fuckin oooowwwned

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
He came there to get wasted and wasted he got.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

A Handed Missus posted:

His heart couldn't take being disobeyed by a prole. Nothing of value lost but rip that bouncer who's gonna get extremely sued.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
It was in Greece so maybe they're not sue-able.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apparently one-punch killings are such an epidemic for Anglos the BBC ran a story about it.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you take their guns, they'll use knives. you take their knives, they'll use their fists! you take their fists, they'll use their teeth!

a brave nation of warrior drunks.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Apparently one-punch killings are such an epidemic for Anglos the BBC ran a story about it.

all the ones in fighting shape got killed in two world wars.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

What's the point of a screenshot of this post if it doesn't show "Marxist-Rodgerist"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

The Hippie-Capitalist CEO Who Wants to Win a Nobel Prize With Sober Raves

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Wanting to win a nobel prize is the lamest poo poo I've ever heard of. Oh wait, that can't be true because I've also heard about sober raves and hippie capitialist CEOs.

Lolin at that article, I don't know what part is the worst part of it so here is this

quote:

Agrawal says one of the keys to Daybreaker's success is the familial approach she takes to bringing on new promoters and event producers. For the final round of interviews, they have to spend a night at her apartment.

"It's like one giant slumber party," she says during our first phone call, before I meet her in person. "The idea is that when you're growing to new cities, instead of getting to know each other as colleagues, we get together first as a family. Everyone we bring on, we fly them to New York and indoctrinate them."

#GIRLBOSS? more like #creepass

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

A Handed Missus posted:

the crazy part is he's still right

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yes, more companies should have off-hours fuckfests

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Xand_Man posted:

got to 3rd base with HRC particle board stand-up during the 2nd round of interviews using this 1 unusual trick

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

And where is the punch that Albion as a whole deserves?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Over Easy posted:

#GIRLBOSS? more like #creepass

ya think that's creepy, lol, check out what her twin sister got up to.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/03/thinx-employee-accuses-miki-agrawal-of-sexual-harassment.html

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Xand_Man posted:

i wanted to hate their ceo so bad, but then i looked at her picture so now i love daybreaker and will be applying as her new pa

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

A Handed Missus posted:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this kills the inbred anglo-saxon

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
burn with all the fire that is and has ever been

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

:killing:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

i don't like music anymore

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This makes me hate.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

I mean really it just looks like a workout and wellness get-together thing for moms, just branding it as a 'rave'

Like it doesnt seem that bad lol

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feral Integral posted:

I mean really it just looks like a workout and wellness get-together thing for moms, just branding it as a 'rave'

Like it doesnt seem that bad lol

*hands someone a business card that says Hippie-Capitalist CEO, immediately gets stabbed in the face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
strength is ignorance slavery is freedom raves are sober