Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

KT when?

I was playing in a Wotlk private server yesterday and we did Naxx... My main man KT was there with his catchphrase, "minions, servants of the cold dark, obey the call of kel'thuzad". It's a shame he won't have any sort of mind control ability...

dark fissure killed me twice by the way.

He's live now in the US. I think tomorrow for EU, not certain though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Did the dreadlord jaina and deathknight sonya skins go live too? I don't know why they wouldn't have, but I'm at work and can't confirm.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

NeurosisHead posted:

Did the dreadlord jaina and deathknight sonya skins go live too? I don't know why they wouldn't have, but I'm at work and can't confirm.

They're in the patch notes, so yes.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Dark fissure is ridiculous. No loving way they keep it the way it is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I reaaaaaaaalllllly wish they'd fix the daily quests. Thanks to their "preferential" quest algorithm I've been stuck in a loop of nothing but loving Starcraft / Warrior / Play 8 Games quests for weeks. And of course, every time I complete those quests, the algorithm thinks I want to play nothing but Starcraft warriors and gives me more of the same.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Update on the event quests: They don't seem to be cumulative. I just completed the "30 takedowns" on one that would have taken me 10 or so past, now it has set to 0 out of 60 for the next.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Der Shovel posted:

I reaaaaaaaalllllly wish they'd fix the daily quests. Thanks to their "preferential" quest algorithm I've been stuck in a loop of nothing but loving Starcraft / Warrior / Play 8 Games quests for weeks. And of course, every time I complete those quests, the algorithm thinks I want to play nothing but Starcraft warriors and gives me more of the same.
You get more gold out of it for what it's worth... Average quest normally is 2900/8 = ~350, your quests are 1900/4 = 475. I'd trade in a heartbeat but I'm stuck playing a lot of roles in unranked draft (because first two picks always take assassins and bruisers because they're the most fun by far)

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

No Wave posted:

You get more gold out of it for what it's worth... Average quest normally is 2900/8 = ~350, your quests are 1900/4 = 475. I'd trade in a heartbeat but I'm stuck playing a lot of roles in unranked draft (because first two picks always take assassins and bruisers because they're the most fun by far)

Doesn't UD work like Ranked in that you get credit for the "Play an X character" quest no matter what you choose?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Der Shovel posted:

Do you complete the quests then log out without playing other games?

MisterZimbu posted:

Doesn't UD work like Ranked in that you get credit for the "Play an X character" quest no matter what you choose?

Yes.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If you play Hero League, your quests will always progress regardless of which hero you pick. So play HL and slam pick that murky

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Alpha Mayo posted:

Dark fissure is ridiculous. No loving way they keep it the way it is.

Shadow Fissure? It has the almost same damage and radius as a full-range, untalented Li-Ming orb, and it gives you about as long to dodge (more if Ming throws it over a blind wall). It's global and can't be blocked, but it can be dodged, parried, or reaction shielded. Might be a pub stomper, but not OP imo.

Chromie's untalented Dragon's Breath a 3 second shorter cooldown, does 10% more damage than Shadow Fissure, and you don't know where it'll be.

quote:

Daily quest chat
T E A M L E A G U E

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 5, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MisterZimbu posted:

Yes, but I assumed their quest algorithm still tracks which heroes you pick there and tailors itself accordingly (so if you play a spread, all 8 quests will still be in the pool).

If not though, I'll just play Valla for a week straight in QM to get myself locked into the 4 quest rotation then just play UD and enjoy the higher average quest gold from only getting two of the low reward quests.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

BrianBoitano posted:

Chromie's untalented Dragon's Breath a 3 second shorter cooldown, does 10% more damage than Shadow Fissure, and you don't know where it'll be.
I don't think that's true taking into account KT's quest. According to the math blog with the quest finished he has 51% more damage at level 10 and 31% more damage at 20 than 4% scaling heroes.

Other interesting math: Chromie needs 20 sand stacks to equal her old damage at level 1, and 80 at level 20.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MisterZimbu posted:

I can only hope when C'Thun becomes a hero they bring him in spelled as K'Thun.

I hope he's based off of Hearthstone C'thun, and you sit in the core until the rest of your team does enough poo poo that you can one-shot the enemy core get Polymorphed and immediately killed.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 5, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I tried a new time trap build with cool down resets, andorhal anomaly and slow after trap and it felt fiddly and like a lot to keep track of. then I tried dragons breath build and effortlessly topped damage and owned bones so I guess Business As Usual

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I play at a garbage elo, so maybe this isn't that impressive, but god drat poppin' off on Lucio is fun as hell.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
The new temporal loop upgrade is hilarious, people never expect it and wonder around like huh??
The new time trap talent that resets CDs is also cool.

The Q changes are dumb but really don't feel like a big loss. Just go W build.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I miss Old Leoric

I LOVE New Leoric

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leoric rework is very good though I miss having Royal Focus at 4. A couple of the talents are also kinda worthless-feeling to take. At least he has a lot of cool internal synergy paths you can take now with his talents which is something you don't really see with many other heroes. (e.g. Mithril Mace -> Spectral Leech, or Drain Momentum -> Unyielding Despair -> Burning Despair).

Does Death March apply talented Drain Hope now? The "untalented" stipulation is now missing from the tooltip.

Morales rework is... weird. The range on Healing Beam is so super short that I'm constantly in danger and taking damage, and her defensive capabilities are waaaaaaaaay down so she's super fragile now. It's a huge struggle trying to heal myself since everything tops off so fast that I can't get meaningful value out of Caduceus Reactor. I'm resorting to healing lane creeps to squeeze more self-regen out.

She went from the easiest healer to play to the hardest by quite a margin, I think -- and I've hit Diamond 1/Master while maining support and tanks.

That said, Second Opinion at 13 is loving amazing and you can gently caress up entire teams repeatedly with that if you're good. I had a match where I got 7 Displacement Grenade casts in 10 seconds.

I think the new design is an improvement, but the impact has been an overall rather large nerf compared to her previous version. I anticipate buffs in the future.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sindai posted:

I don't think that's true taking into account KT's quest. According to the math blog with the quest finished he has 51% more damage at level 10 and 31% more damage at 20 than 4% scaling heroes.

Other interesting math: Chromie needs 20 sand stacks to equal her old damage at level 1, and 80 at level 20.

Oh! Fair. Though, if your team is Plat and on voice coms you can 100% deny his base quest.

Goon TL group did just that earlier. He had Malf to help set up and still never finished it. Then again folks will get better with him in time, but folks will dodge better too.

I got to play KT the next game vs a Cho'Gall team, meaning I had only 4 targets to possibly root or chain and still got it by level 13 :getin:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
please refer to them as Kenan'Thas and Kel'Thuzad for convenience.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
I thought on the ptr healing somebody at full health not only used 0 energy but also activated your trait. Did they change that?

Also yes, 20 upgrade for March applies talented drain hopes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol acheive 30 take downs in winning games

do I have a year or more to get this done or what

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I mean if you're really struggling go for AI games

or, y'know, get gud

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i think medic is actually worse now. her mana management wasnt bad before, and i keep finding myself running out of energy in teamfights whereas before it would last. no additional regen unless healing also forces you to waste energy on full hp allies. the problem with her having 0 escapes was only intensified by removing cleanse.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

siotle posted:

I thought on the ptr healing somebody at full health not only used 0 energy but also activated your trait. Did they change that?

No, this works. The issue with her new trait though is that even if you have your healing beam running constantly, 2% hp per second is kind of a trickle. Her old trait was only 3% or 4%, I think, yet it felt much more powerful.

I pretty much agree with SKULL.GIF in their assessment. Mechanically and conceptually I love the rework, but her numbers feel undertuned somewhat significantly.

Relin posted:

i think medic is actually worse now. her mana management wasnt bad before, and i keep finding myself running out of energy in teamfights whereas before it would last. no additional regen unless healing also forces you to waste energy on full hp allies. the problem with her having 0 escapes was only intensified by removing cleanse.

While I agree that she's a bit of a sitting duck right now if someone dives her, what did Cleanse change? You haven't been able to self-cast Cleanse for probably a year or more.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

SKULL.GIF posted:

She went from the easiest healer to play to the hardest by quite a margin, I think -- and I've hit Diamond 1/Master while maining support and tanks.

That said, Second Opinion at 13 is loving amazing and you can gently caress up entire teams repeatedly with that if you're good. I had a match where I got 7 Displacement Grenade casts in 10 seconds.

I think the new design is an improvement, but the impact has been an overall rather large nerf compared to her previous version. I anticipate buffs in the future.
It's hard to evaluate Morales' grenade talents because there is a 100% chance KT will be on my team and he doesn't like Morales moving enemies around.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Gobbeldygook posted:

It's hard to evaluate Morales' grenade talents because there is a 100% chance KT will be on my team and he doesn't like Morales moving enemies around.

This issue falls squarely in the category of "Not Rosa's problem."

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Mind over Matter posted:

No, this works. The issue with her new trait though is that even if you have your healing beam running constantly, 2% hp per second is kind of a trickle. Her old trait was only 3% or 4%, I think, yet it felt much more powerful.

I pretty much agree with SKULL.GIF in their assessment. Mechanically and conceptually I love the rework, but her numbers feel undertuned somewhat significantly.

While I agree that she's a bit of a sitting duck right now if someone dives her, what did Cleanse change? You haven't been able to self-cast Cleanse for probably a year or more.
is that so, i didnt realize since i usually dont have the chance to take it. i dont understand blizzard's crusade against healers tbqh

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BrianBoitano posted:

I mean if you're really struggling go for AI games

or, y'know, get gud

yes that's very helpful advice in silver league, where one person can for sure carry an entire team dead set on being loving retarded

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

NeurosisHead posted:

yes that's very helpful advice in silver league, where one person can for sure carry an entire team dead set on being loving retarded

As tcjimbo reminds me every time I play with him, I am a garbage dumpster fire of a player at this game, but when I queue with a bunch of silver goons, I pubstomp. So, yeah, if you are even halfway decent, the only thing keeping you in silver is you.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Toshimo posted:

As tcjimbo reminds me every time I play with him, I am a garbage dumpster fire of a player at this game, but when I queue with a bunch of silver goons, I pubstomp. So, yeah, if you are even halfway decent, the only thing keeping you in silver is you.

you can't queue as a group in HL?

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

NeurosisHead posted:

you can't queue as a group in HL?

yes you can it's called team league.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
You have until the end of the month, and it counts both kills and assists towards your progress.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

NeurosisHead posted:

Team League and queue with non-silvers. /Join SAGoons, TeamLeague, and team league. Download Discord.

Or, y'know, get gud :v:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Further reminder that, if you think you're below your true rank, then on average your team will have an advantage against other teams and you will climb. Unless, that is, the problem is you (mechanics, drafting, shot calling, managing lanes / exp, managing teammates & morale)

Streamers who decide to do smurfs never ever fail to climb.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Apparently this is a known bug, but I can't actually buy K'T, it keeps telling me I have a pending transaction.

Anyone else experiencing this or was the CS guy full of poo poo?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Relin posted:

is that so, i didnt realize since i usually dont have the chance to take it. i dont understand blizzard's crusade against healers tbqh

I don't know for certain, but my suspicion is this basically boils down to the issue they had with Ancestral Healing. They want healers and supports to use their long cooldown "Oh poo poo, gotta dig deep" options to save their teammates, not themselves. A symbiotic relationship of "You keep those fuckers away from me and I'll keep you alive." Which is all well and good in coordinated team play, but when you're teamed with five fuckuloids from No-Eyes VI, it breaks down as the team that can dive the enemy support better wins every team fight.

Now, there are exceptions certainly. Divine Shield, Aegis, Palm. They're all self-castable. Tyrande and Morales's new semi cleanses attached to their abilities can be self cast. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the devs wish they could change that, though.

This is all just my speculation, of course. I have no inside information. But it really seems like they want supports to be reliant on outside defense in the majority.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow QM has been agony today. Is everyone drunk or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Further reminder that, if you think you're below your true rank, then on average your team will have an advantage against other teams and you will climb. Unless, that is, the problem is you (mechanics, drafting, shot calling, managing lanes / exp, managing teammates & morale)

Streamers who decide to do smurfs never ever fail to climb.

I feel like the problem is more that you need so many wins in order to rank up. A 60% win rate in this game is considered quite good. Assuming 20 minutes a game you would need to play 125 games * 20 min/game = ~42 hours to go up one league. Now if you have a 55% win rate, which is still very decent, you're looking at 85 hours. That's probably a couple months of playing for someone whose job isn't to play HotS.