Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

George Lucas directing Episode IX would be the event that heralds the final destruction or redemption of America.

Note: I don't know what the preceding sentence means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We are firing you.

I agree you are firing me .

Mutual decision .

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe Jared Leto is directing and starring in Episode 9

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wes Anderson's Star Wars Episode 9 will include Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Bill Murray, and Ben Stiller.
or Paul Thomas Anderson's Episode 9 will include Daniel Day Lewis as either the new villain or a protocol droid.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Spacebump posted:

Wes Anderson's Star Wars Episode 9 will include Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Bill Murray, and Ben Stiller.

One week before principal photography is done, Disney realizes that Wes Anderson shot a Wes Anderson film, and quickly replaces him Dave Filoni

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

As long as they keep Bill Murray.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

wyoming posted:

We're gonna get Joss Whedon's Star Wars and you all know it.

Called it back in April.
That it's an even worse decision now makes it even more likely.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Would Whedon really come back after his falling out with Disney/Marvel over Avengers 2?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Seriously though they'll probably just have Rian Johnson do it, assuming the present movie isn't a total disaster.

I sort of think Rian J sucks incidentally, although not nearly as bad as Teverrow.

Looper was garbage.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Spacebump posted:

or Paul Thomas Anderson's Episode 9 will include Daniel Day Lewis as either the new villain or a protocol droid.
I would watch the hell out of PT Anderson's Star Wars.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Spacebump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_Uwo4qQTM

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Birth Movies Death floated the idea of Jon Favreau, which isn't terrible. He's well-versed in big effects movies, and between The Jungle Book and The Lion King has established a pretty solid working relationship with Disney. Plus, he's known to be an actor's director, and allow for experimentation on set, which kind of reminds me of Irvin Kirschner a bit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If he won't direct it, then let's just cut to the chase.

Star Wars Episode IX: A Hideo Kojima Film

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Detective No. 27 posted:

If he won't direct it, then let's just cut to the chase.

Star Wars Episode IX: A Hideo Kojima Film

Kylo Ren: "Wh...what? I killed you! I watched you die! HOW?"

Han Solo: "Nanomachines, son."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Gonz posted:

Kylo Ren: "Wh...what? I killed you! I watched you die! HOW?"

Han Solo: "Nanomachines, son."

Final battle is Rey vs. a juiced up super-snoke and it's literally just the Senator Armstrong boss fight but with lightsabers

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That's all MGRising which Kojima didn't do much with.

Episode IX will be Kylo Ren attaching Anakin's arms to replace his own and pretending he's possessed by Darth Vader's force ghost.

Then Snoke grabs Poe Dameron's dick.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

George Lucas directing Episode IX would be the event that heralds the final destruction or redemption of America.

Note: I don't know what the preceding sentence means

George Lucas will use the First Order to write an epic meta-Commentary on the Trump Presidency and the rise of the Alt-Right

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Fart City posted:

Birth Movies Death floated the idea of Jon Favreau, which isn't terrible. He's well-versed in big effects movies, and between The Jungle Book and The Lion King has established a pretty solid working relationship with Disney. Plus, he's known to be an actor's director, and allow for experimentation on set, which kind of reminds me of Irvin Kirschner a bit.

He did some voice acting on The Clone Wars and hinted at his desire to do a SW movie back when Disney acquired the franchise. Also: "“The idea of another trilogy that further shrouds the Force in mystery as its secrets are lost to time – that’s extremely compelling. I want so bad for it to be good. Can you imagine?” I'd be fine with him.

Others:

Is Brad Bird still knee deep in The Incredibles sequel?

Same question about the Russo brothers, how long are they going to be doing the Infinity War movies? Probably wouldn't want to dive right into another high-pressure blockbuster that quickly...

Was Warcraft enough to cancel out Moon and Source Code for Duncan Jones?

I wouldn't mind seeing what Ang Lee would do with it.

Cuaron would be awesome.

Ava Duvernay is intriguing, I've not seen any of her movies but the Wrinkle in Time trailer got my attention big time.

Obviously Cameron would be insane, but he's doing Avatar sequels until the heat death of the universe.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Then Snoke grabs Poe Dameron's dick.

Snoke then confirms the rumors: he is actually Finn.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I hope they get Michael Bay

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I want to see what a Tarsem Singh-directed space battle looks like.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Luke, to Snoke as he cuts down literally thousands of evil Jedi: "Rarrrgh! Nnngh! Yaaargh! Rrrgh! YOU DIE!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Luke, to Snoke as he cuts down literally thousands of evil Jedi: "Rarrrgh! Nnngh! Yaaargh! Rrrgh! YOU DIE!"

Luke fighting a futile battle against dozens of roided up sith or whatever while a moody Cynthia Harrel song plays would be the greatest cinematic moment of all time.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Rey sticks her butt out and arches her sweaty back as she fiddles around with a podracer engine or whatever

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nah, nah.

Nah.

David Fincher.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nah, nah.

Nah.

David Fincher.

YOU DON'T

GET TO

BLOW UP

THE DEATH STAR

WITHOUT KILLING

500 MILLION

SPACE JANITORS

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nah, nah.

Nah.

David Fincher.

iirc he didn't make it past the lunch date with Lucasfilm bc his idea for 7 was too good and cool.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
From what I remember Brad Bird, Matthew Vaughn, and Gullerimo Del Toro were all on Kennedys shortlist and did interviews before all three bowed out and they had to quickly sign JJ. Del Toro said he wasn't interested but I really hope they can get Bird or Vaughn. Jon Faverou wouldn't be a bad choice though Iron Man 2 and Jungle Book had good visuals but were weak sauce overall.

Rian Johnson or JA Bayonna would be solid choices.

They should get a good storyteller who works with lots of practical effects.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Fincher said he would only do it if he could make it about droid slavery. That chain of events ends with star wars discussion threads being banned from CineD. which, thinking on it, would be good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lars von Trier

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Serf posted:

Lars von Trier

If only to get Udo Kier in Star Wars.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

Lars von Trier

Honestly he should have been the one to direct Rogue One.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Herzog is the obvious choice, narrating throughout

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nicolas Winding Refn should get to work with space neon.
Plus the soundtrack would be bitchin'.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

No doubt, Kavinsky + John Williams, such a natural fit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Kathleen Kennedy should just direct it herself at this point, jesus.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rey sticks her butt out and arches her sweaty back as she fiddles around with a podracer engine or whatever

Yeah, OK, Michael Bay might be alright if you put it that way.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If they stay under the disney umbrella I could see it going to Jon Favreau. Respected director, experience with CGI blockbusters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Golly, there sure are a lot of directors.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I think they should cut out the middle man and let Kathleen Kennedy herself direct it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
This musical chairs of directors is gonna make for a really incoherent series going forward, I really wish they'd figured out a way to lock in a decent director for at least a complete trilogy. It's the kind of thing that may not show itself right away but when we look back at the 3 or 5 or 8 or 100 Star Wars movies from this era I think the dissonance will be very noticeable.

• Locked thread