Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gonna guess lg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lg uses webos, the best mobile platform ever created

sony is pretty android heavy though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

pretend I posted an image of a $7000 lg oled tv showing a low resolution blurry webos ui on top of a 4k picture

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

my OLED doesn't do that, it's pretty crisp and good. the only bad thing is the back button is a bit android-y and unpredictable but that's about it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, at least apple tv doesn't do 4k so they don't have to worry about 4x scaling every app

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have a sony with android tv and don't have any of those issues. tbf i mostly use my apple tv through it and volume is controlled by my receiver so maybe i just don't notice

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I only use my tv as a dumb display because smart tvs suck.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Weed goku posted:

Yeah please let us know what it is so we can a) never buy it and b) shame the company who designed it

it's a highly reviewed Sony XBR900E which I purchased for 1800 earth dollars. it took me 3 hours to get it to send audio to the sound bar that it CAME WITH.

not only is the interface lag super bad, the remote is by far the weakest I've ever used.
press 'home' wait 5 seconds... nothing happened? must have been the remote let me press it again. then it flashes the home menu for a half a second and disappears because it was loading the menu the whole time and the second press cancelled it.

looks good tho

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

it's a highly reviewed Sony XBR900E which I purchased for 1800 earth dollars. it took me 3 hours to get it to send audio to the sound bar that it CAME WITH.

not only is the interface lag super bad, the remote is by far the weakest I've ever used.
press 'home' wait 5 seconds... nothing happened? must have been the remote let me press it again. then it flashes the home menu for a half a second and disappears because it was loading the menu the whole time and the second press cancelled it.

looks good tho

lol who the gently caress spends used car dollars on a fuckin tv

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

my 4k 65" oled was like $3k

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

idiots who buy sony in tyool 2017

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i got a vizeo p65 c1 open box at best buy for $900. it doesnt have a tv tuner, they have to market it as a theater display or something. also there is no remote i run it via my ipad/iphone. this is needs suiting though as my yamaha receiver also has an app to control it with so i can do everything from my phone

its mounted on the wall above my predator x34 monitor. it looks nice and 4k / hdr is sweet, plus i can tell people ' actually i dont even own a tv :smug:' while being technically correct

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

NEED MORE MILK posted:

my 4k 65" oled was like $3k

i can't imagine spending so much time in front of a tv that 3000 dollars would ever be worth it for one

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dislike button posted:

i got a vizeo p65 c1 open box at best buy for $900. it doesnt have a tv tuner, they have to market it as a theater display or something. also there is no remote i run it via my ipad/iphone. this is needs suiting though as my yamaha receiver also has an app to control it with so i can do everything from my phone

its mounted on the wall above my predator x34 monitor. it looks nice and 4k / hdr is sweet, plus i can tell people ' actually i dont even own a tv :smug:' while being technically correct

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dislike button posted:

i bought a 65" 4k vizio e series which has nothing but a chromecast built in that they market the same way. it also didnt include a remote

people must not have liked that tho because the last software update is walking it back. when you go to the casting input instead of the chromecast picture background theres a big popup telling you to go to a website and put in this code and theyll send you a free remote so that you can then control apps which you can now download to the tv

i liked it better when it was just a $600 tv with a chromecast

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

never spend more than $500 on any item smaller than a home

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

carry on then posted:

android

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

my chair :ohdear:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

timing is everything. and the timing on that tweet says "me too".

idiots should have had the patience to wait until arkit pr cools down to hype up arcore.

everything about android is "me too" and it's the worlds most popular OS at the moment.

when you target the poverty demographic it's easy to be no. 1

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i love my big gay webos tv

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
they can target poverty markets and make good products at the same time. nokia (:rip:) has been doing that for ages.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

they can target poverty markets and make good products at the same time. nokia (:rip:) has been doing that for ages.

before smartphones broke their brains that is.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i actually like that my TV has a tuner in it. i got one of those crazy new antennae for broadcast TV so me and some friends could watch the big game on it last year. worked pretty well actually. my needs were suited.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

if its by way of your rear end then it easily passes the home size requirements :mmmhmm:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i actually like that my TV has a tuner in it. i got one of those crazy new antennae for broadcast TV so me and some friends could watch the big game on it last year. worked pretty well actually. my needs were suited.

yeah for world cup 2014 i used my antenna and watched soccer on univision all day, it was great

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

carry on then posted:

lol shut the gently caress up you poor

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
ifixit posted a teardown/disassembly of the essential phone

the only way to open it is to liberally apply cryogenic freeze spray and break it apart

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

meanwhile i just replaced the battery in my google nexus 4 for the second time since i bought it in 2013

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

meanwhile i just replaced the battery in my google nexus 4 for the second time since i bought it in 2013

wow, you had to replace it twice? what a piece of poo poo

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
"actually, it's good because it's so easy to fix when it repeatedly breaks!"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

atomicthumbs posted:

where did you manage to find a battery for it? the only places i ever saw offering Nex4 replacements were shady ebay sellers who claimed OH YEAH THIS IS A REAL LG BATTERY but like yeah right

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

atomicthumbs posted:

lmao

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

where did you manage to find a battery for it? the only places i ever saw offering Nex4 replacements were shady ebay sellers who claimed OH YEAH THIS IS A REAL LG BATTERY but like yeah right

i just installed one of these. will see if it lasts. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07145LRK5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doc Block posted:

"actually, it's good because it's so easy to fix when it repeatedly breaks!"

both the original and the third-party replacement wore out, as lithium batteries do when you use them long enough. i'm glad i can keep using the last good android phone.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

your using the htc g1???

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

your using the htc g1???

are you asserting the phone that introduced android to the world is "good"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

ifixit posted a teardown/disassembly of the essential phone

the only way to open it is to liberally apply cryogenic freeze spray and break it apart

why didnt they use their ifixit branded heat pack thing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im thinking about getting a moto g5 plus

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

hifi posted:

why didnt they use their ifixit branded heat pack thing
apparently they tried and it didn't work

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

any phone with a display larger than 5.0 inches is haraam

smythe's nexus 6 is the exception, as he is jewish and thus not subject to the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

wait so 6" is kosher, but not halal? how does that work?