Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

If I wanted to be chill and have fun, as opposed to sperging out about minutiae and irrelevant statistics, then I wouldn't be playing the hit MOBA League Of Legends by Riot Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

have you seen my baby posted:

If I wanted to be chill and have fun, as opposed to sperging out about minutiae and irrelevant statistics, then I wouldn't be playing the hit MOBA League Of Legends by Riot Games

i mean i do want people to play the game for fun, but my point was more that you can increase your winrate more just by playing things you are good at and comfortable with rather than trying to play whichever champion has the highest average winrate. unless you have hit your plateau player skill and champion mechanics and matchup knowledge play a far more significant part than statistical advantages

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Yeah that's all definitely true. FWIW I once spent most of a season playing almost nothing but Janna, so the original comment was more of a, "of the champs in the pool of characters that I play" kind of thing. Janna is good.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Methanar posted:

don't fool yourself into thinking you can play things like tristana.

stick to your one trick

If my win rate with Vi is sitting over 70% this season, should I Just embrace it and become a One Trick 🤔

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

If my win rate with Vi is sitting over 70% this season, should I Just embrace it and become a One Trick 🤔

You should try to be a two-trick to minimize the amount you have to dodge, but if a champion's working for you, stick with it. In the majority of circumstances, solo queue isn't a competition over who has the biggest champion pool.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I think I'm slowly becoming a Thresh one trick.

I embrace the darkness.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
How can I get back into normal SR when I've played ARAM and AR URF exclusively since coming back to LoL after over a year of not playing (Also still barely playing normals then)

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Vonnie posted:

How can I get back into normal SR when I've played ARAM and AR URF exclusively since coming back to LoL after over a year of not playing (Also still barely playing normals then)

Just start playing.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Vonnie posted:

Build a spreadsheet

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

have you seen my baby posted:

Build a spreadsheet

:qq: I don't know how.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Arams way better just do that.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Arams way better just do that.

Can't earn those :krad: Gold skins from ranked in ARAM*. Ranked TT is probably a cesspit I'd imagine too.

*They still do those?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I've said this so many times

Just play the one champion you actually know how to play

Every game

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

I've said this so many times

Just play the one champion you actually know how to play

Every game

Worked for me.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Elentor posted:

Worked for me.

Same

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Elentor posted:

Worked for me.

Whats your poison pal?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was Zyra but I haven't touched this game in two years I just like reading the thread.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Elentor posted:

It was Zyra but I haven't touched this game in two years I just like reading the thread.

Zyra is too different now, I can't deal.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm gioing to purchase and play ORNN THE SMELTER DEMON

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vonnie posted:

Zyra is too different now, I can't deal.

You can always play Janna, from what I hear her win rate is still high and I think that has been the case for 7 years now. I don't follow champion trends religiously but I don't think she's ever been not good once in the history of LoL.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You can always play a poo poo permabanned champ that everyone hates, like Janna. Another option would be Yasuo.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being permabanned sucks but whether everyone loves or hates the champion is solved with a case of simply not caring. If I could play Teemo, Singed, Shaco, Evelynn, Soraka, Yorick and old Sion to Challenger you can be drat sure I would.

Playing Yasuo requires far more practice than playing Janna and will yield far less results over time but if that's what makes someone have fun in LoL then sure, shoot for the stars.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I often wonder if permaban mains ever reflect on the chain of events that brought them to the point of never being able to play their favorite champ. Whether, if they had the choice, they would rather be able to actually play a nerfed version of their champ or if they prefer being martyrs for Riot's congenital inability to balance certain kits.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Just played my first game on Orn, went supp vs a braum and it was p fun. The second w shield in a prolonged teamfight consistently seems to catch people offguard and the ability to upgrade your gold item/build ss from that ruby crystal sitting in your inv is really strong.

His kit is super weird, like I sorta figured his w would be like rumble flamespitter or something but it's this janky cone skillshot instead. His ult seems to give you just enough time to make you think you can use abilities/fight in between then miss the window for the second part. Seems like a cool champ but surprisingly counterintuitive.

3/2/15 S- first game tho.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

I often wonder if permaban mains ever reflect on the chain of events that brought them to the point of never being able to play their favorite champ. Whether, if they had the choice, they would rather be able to actually play a nerfed version of their champ or if they prefer being martyrs for Riot's congenital inability to balance certain kits.

I think there's a bit of a trade-off to be had. If you one trick some special snowflake champion that no one ever uses then you're pretty safe for some years, statistically speaking. There's a very real chance that Riot will do a complete rework and the status quo might change a lot, but there's plenty of leeway until then. The problem is that if your champion is too outside of a major archetype you might have trouble adapting to the same level of play you're used.

On the other hand if you main "Control Mage" then it doesn't matter all that much which one it is. Some archetypes aren't like that, but there's always an amusing period of time where a champion is being nerfed/permabanned and for 3-8 months (or until the next major competitive event) you can play all the viable archetype variants unpunished because people don't adapt very quickly. Then some pro will show up playing the next best thing and it's like someone invented the wheel.

At some point when you understand the variants of your main role you can just shrug off being permabanned.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just played ranked for the first time this season and according to OP.GG the lowest ranked player was Gold 3 and the highest was in Platinum 5. You could have told me since it was placements I was playing in Bronze 1 and I would have believed you. :riot:

e: game 2 top laner feeds 3 kills in 10 minutes and then blames jungler. Then mid feeds. Then somehow my ADC who was 3/0 is now feeding for some reason. I love league of legends

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 6, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PBE posted:

Rengar
Base armor increased from 22 to 25

I actually really like this change, might make the ol' knife cat playable again. His first clear is soooo brutal in the jungle.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did my first 10 TT flex matches and I won 7 and the last match was two g5 & I vs a plat2/d4/g5. I crushed them mercilessly and not even their d4 overfed pantheon could do jack poo poo against my plants.

Which means I'm Silver 2. I'm now one with the average joe, climbing the ladder to get that prized gold skin.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Ive been playing alot of Ornn and he is noticeably better since the hotfix. Honestly I feel he is being underrated right now and is pretty decent, of course this is silver im talking about so it ymmv. He gets really tanky after two items and his brittle does a surprising amount of damage, and a giant knockup for an ult that does at least 10% max hp damage if landed right is pretty good for teamfights.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

are you gonna main sivir now??

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

How Rude posted:

are you gonna main sivir now??

It's a secondary account that doesn't have any of my champs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sivir is who i got my first ever pentakill on

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Elentor posted:

I think there's a bit of a trade-off to be had. If you one trick some special snowflake champion that no one ever uses then you're pretty safe for some years, statistically speaking. There's a very real chance that Riot will do a complete rework and the status quo might change a lot, but there's plenty of leeway until then. The problem is that if your champion is too outside of a major archetype you might have trouble adapting to the same level of play you're used.

On the other hand if you main "Control Mage" then it doesn't matter all that much which one it is. Some archetypes aren't like that, but there's always an amusing period of time where a champion is being nerfed/permabanned and for 3-8 months (or until the next major competitive event) you can play all the viable archetype variants unpunished because people don't adapt very quickly. Then some pro will show up playing the next best thing and it's like someone invented the wheel.

At some point when you understand the variants of your main role you can just shrug off being permabanned.

This happens all the time to characters I like to play. When reworked Karma coasted under the radar for two or three years before pros spam picked her support they nerfed and nerfed her until she became pretty bad. Morgana also became too strong botlane and that got her nerfed a bunch. Fiora rises to prominence after people write her off as bad and then she gets popular again after a few buffs, gets nerfed, and the wheel keeps on turning. At least Fiora isn't permabanned any more because there are things pubbies hate to play against more.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I got my first Penta with Fiddlesticks, and I've gotten them with Yi, Kassadin, and Jinx for sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i have the kassadin and jinx pentas also but those probably shouldnt count

i got a sick twitch pentakill while rengar was insanely busted and had the ability to be immune to cc, shout outs to my lulu support for that one

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I've never gotten a pentakill

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think kassadin is the only non adc i have a penta on but i dont really remember. i got a delayed penta in the enemy base not too long ago and lost the game, once again shout outs to my lulu support (this one was king cob web)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i think kassadin is the only non adc i have a penta on but i dont really remember. i got a delayed penta in the enemy base not too long ago and lost the game, once again shout outs to my lulu support (this one was king cob web)

yeah I've gotten delayed ones and plenty of quadras, but never the official one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

I've never gotten a pentakill
Um, mods?

• Locked thread