Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is AVD corruption a common thing, and anyone have any tips to spot when it's happened? Just spent an hour troubleshooting why data wasn't showing up in views/why the app started crashing with no stacktrace and just a runtime exception in a thread, then I made a new AVD and oh hey, everything's working fine again. The broken one seemed completely fine though, I thought the new gradle plugin had messed things up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 3, 2022

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Well I had an issue resuming the computer from sleep, so I had to hard reboot it and the emulator was probably running, so that might be what did it (why it would persist after a restart though... 🤔)

Definitely not Instant Run, this is after multiple Cleans and Rebuilds, running git bisect to find out what broke it, trying to downgrade the gradle plugin in case that update messed something up, uninstalling the app, multiple debugging attempts...

Seems like a platform issue honestly. At first some list views were either empty or not showing up, then it started crashing immediately with that not at all helpful error. Using the debugger to break on exceptions got some View Stub missing class exceptions, then the last one left the debugger in a waiting state forever. Feels like something got corrupted, but in a really awkward to diagnose way. Maybe I just got super unlucky!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Alright I got a real weird issue I can't seem to track. We ship embedded Android products out from our factory and everything is fine, customer recieves it and complains the startup application isn't launching. I'm digging into the issue and from ADB it looks like PackageManager is failing to parse the packages.xml file located at /data/system/packages.xml. I'm not entirely sure what the xml file is but it looks to be built on boot from all packages that comprise the system and I don't know why PackageManager is failing to parse this xml on some boards. On a good board the packages.xml file looks identical (according to diff) except occasionally one line is changed near the top of the file.

Good board:
<last-platform-version internal="8" external="8" />

Bad board:
<last-platform-version internal="8" external="0" />

I'm not %100 that there is a correlation between that line and a board being bad but I'm wondering if anyone here can shed some light on the packages.xml file and specifically that entry for <last-platform-version>. Any thoughts on why it's choking parsing this xml file? It happens consistently on every boot once the board goes bad but only once the boards reach our customer does it happen, we cannot get our boards in factory or on cycle testing to get into this state.

Here is an ADB capture.

Popete fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 5, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Have you asked the customer to factory reset as a short term workaround, and does that work?

Can the customer send a board back overnight for analysis, or is it a center car console or something

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Have you asked the customer to factory reset as a short term workaround, and does that work?

Can the customer send a board back overnight for analysis, or is it a center car console or something

The customer has sent us back dozens of these units, it has only occurred after we sent them and as they install it in the plane roughly half the units are stuck in this boot loop. Digging further in, Package Manager is definitely failing to start because of this parse error but I can't for the life of me figure out why it thinks the file is ending prematurely the good/bad files look the same. and I've never even touched or known about this xml file the entire time I've been on this project.

We've asked the customers what they are doing with the unit's prior to installation and it doesn't seem like anything different than what our factory does as part of testing. I'm starting to think it's an eMMC corruption issue but I don't know how to confirm that yet. Reflashing Android onto the eMMC fixes the issue but it can still happen after we send it back so we need a more permanent solution.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Could it just be bad/counterfeit eMMC? Cosmic rays from the planes being further in the atmosphere?

If you're a bad person you could always hardcode something in the parsing code to more... Permanently work around this.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Could it just be bad/counterfeit eMMC? Cosmic rays from the planes being further in the atmosphere?

If you're a bad person you could always hardcode something in the parsing code to more... Permanently work around this.

I'm very tempted to do that latter. MMC is good we source it from Micron and have worked with them on some other corruption issues in the past. I'm hoping I can blame it on hardware but it's probably something I'm doing that is very stupid.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seriously tho if you're doing vehicle stuff then me and u are now Postin Pals

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Seriously tho if you're doing vehicle stuff then me and u are now Postin Pals

Using Android in embedded systems is all the rage these days, customers love having a slick interface that everyone already knows how to use to interface with there in-flight entertainment or seat controls. Android is nice but there are times where it is an ungodly pain in the rear end and I wish we would have just gone with a more traditional OS. Having to mess with HAL's and frameworks is a mess that I'm not very good at coming from a micro controller bare metal coding perspective.

Are you doing embedded Android stuff, my Postin Pal?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

Using Android in embedded systems is all the rage these days, customers love having a slick interface that everyone already knows how to use to interface with there in-flight entertainment or seat controls. Android is nice but there are times where it is an ungodly pain in the rear end and I wish we would have just gone with a more traditional OS. Having to mess with HAL's and frameworks is a mess that I'm not very good at coming from a micro controller bare metal coding perspective.

Are you doing embedded Android stuff, my Postin Pal?

Nah the lowest level I got to was loving around with the HVAC control system and trying to figure out how it talked to the CAN/LIN buses lol

Based on my experience with OEMs building a full OS in house I'll put up with androids quirks any day

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Popete posted:

Alright I got a real weird issue I can't seem to track. We ship embedded Android products out from our factory and everything is fine, customer recieves it and complains the startup application isn't launching. I'm digging into the issue and from ADB it looks like PackageManager is failing to parse the packages.xml file located at /data/system/packages.xml. I'm not entirely sure what the xml file is but it looks to be built on boot from all packages that comprise the system and I don't know why PackageManager is failing to parse this xml on some boards. On a good board the packages.xml file looks identical (according to diff) except occasionally one line is changed near the top of the file.

Good board:
<last-platform-version internal="8" external="8" />

Bad board:
<last-platform-version internal="8" external="0" />

I'm not %100 that there is a correlation between that line and a board being bad but I'm wondering if anyone here can shed some light on the packages.xml file and specifically that entry for <last-platform-version>. Any thoughts on why it's choking parsing this xml file? It happens consistently on every boot once the board goes bad but only once the boards reach our customer does it happen, we cannot get our boards in factory or on cycle testing to get into this state.

Here is an ADB capture.

Are you seriously shipping a froyo device in 2017?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

b0lt posted:

This device is for a specific customer that was designed for them, it's been in production for years now and there is no way we'd spend the effort to upgrade Android. But yes it's using ancient Android technology and it's a terrible pain in the rear end.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

b0lt posted:

android dot text

ok here's a question regarding views and dynamically adding textviews into them. I'm building a sidebar that will load in categories from a Firebase, and when an item is clicked it will show subitems, like this

(except without the radio buttons)

It has three columns: categoryName, completed, and score. When you click anywhere on that header it will turn grey to show that it is selected and show the subcategories and if they're completed or not. I was attempting to do this by hiding a view containing the subcategories and unhiding it with an onClick of the view like this

Java code:
sidebarViewGroupParent.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
            @Override
            public void onClick(View v) {
                if(!sidebarViewGroupChild.isShown()) {
                    sidebarViewGroupChild.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
                    sidebarViewGroupParent.setBackgroundColor(getResources().getColor(R.color.sidebarHighlight));
                } else {
                    sidebarViewGroupChild.setVisibility(View.GONE);
                    sidebarViewGroupParent.setBackgroundColor(getResources().getColor(R.color.sidebarColor));
                }
            }
        });
This may be reinventing the wheel since ExpandableLists exist, but I'm not sure that I am able to have 2 TextViews and an ImageView in the head of the list

I made a layout specifically for the categories here:
XML code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- CategoryParentView -->
<RelativeLayout
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:id="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_group_parentview"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content">

<TextView
        android:id="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_item_parent"
        android:layout_width="200dp"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:gravity="center"
        android:textSize="15sp"
        android:textColor="@color/black"
        android:text="Logistics and Inventory Management"/>
    <ImageView
        android:id="@+id/qwedit_completed"
        android:layout_width="24dp"
        android:layout_height="24dp"
        android:src="@mipmap/checkmark"
        android:layout_centerVertical="true"
        android:layout_toEndOf="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_item_parent"
        android:layout_marginStart="23dp" />

<TextView
        android:id="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_score"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:padding="2dp"
        android:textSize="25sp"
        android:textColor="@color/colorPrimary"
        android:text="Score"
        android:layout_alignParentEnd="true"
        android:layout_marginEnd="15dp" />
</RelativeLayout>
XML code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- CategoryChildView -->
<RelativeLayout
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:id="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_group_childview"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    <TextView
        android:id="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_text_child"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:padding="2dp"
        android:textSize="12sp"
        android:textColor="@color/black"
        android:text="child" />
    <ImageView
        android:id="@+id/qwedit_completed_child"
        android:layout_width="15dp"
        android:layout_height="15dp"
        android:src="@mipmap/checkmark"
        android:layout_toEndOf="@+id/qwedit_sidebar_text_child"
        android:layout_marginStart="12dp" />
</RelativeLayout>
Am I able to insert these into the activity's layout by using a layoutinflater to add as many of these as there are categories pulled from the DB? The values hardcoded in the XML such as the source and the text values will be overwritten when the appropriate values are pulled from the Firebase and are mostly for me to not get lost. Am I going about this completely wrong or do I have the right idea but the wrong implementation? Pointers would be great. I feel like I'm writing a lot more layout code than I need to be and that I probably haven't been abusing the include functionality like I should be and I'm just making a big mess :newlol:

EDIT: ok turns out an ELV will solve all of my problems and i'm a gigantic dummy

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 6, 2017

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I'm interested in getting into Android dev, but I don't have an Android phone. I have an iPhone but no Mac, and rather than throw any more money into the Apple ecosystem, I was thinking of maybe getting a cheap Android phone for testing purposes. Would something like this be ok, or is it more preferable to get something standard like a Nexus, Samsung phone, etc? How far along can I get in Android dev without a phone? From some searching online, it looks like you'd only really need it to test your apps out in the actual environment. Would it be right to say that you can still do a lot of development/testing otherwise without one? Sorry if this has been (likely) answered before, couldn't find anything in the OP about it.

Edit: Also, are there any Coursera/edX/etc. courses that people recommend for Android development? There seem to be about a dozen different ones, if anyone has any positive experience with a particular one, it'd be helpful to know!

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 12, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I dont use a physical device for android, just the emulator. Do that, unless your PC is slow to begin with

also, can anyone explain why the hell this is happening when i click on an EditText that is inside an ExpandableListView?
https://giant.gfycat.com/GenuineUnluckyHyrax.gifv

To me it looks like the toolbar is extending over everything, but maybe it's a weird quirk that has a quick fix? :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 12, 2017

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Tried looking in the Hierarchy Viewer for where the views went?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I'd recommend getting an actual device if your app is going to touch any real hardware aspect like telephony, location, etc. Any device that has Play on it is likely fine.

If you're just loving around an emulator is fine short term.

Also, not sure if it's because I'm on mobile, but I'm getting access denied for that giphy link

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten smoothie posted:

Tried looking in the Hierarchy Viewer for where the views went?

How would i look to see where the views went? Heres what it looks like (EditText is highlighted)

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tools -> Android -> Layout inspector may help.

It's not doing something weird related to the input type is it? On phones TextViews can do this weird fullscreen thing unless you set flagNoExtractUi on them. This shouldn't happen on a tablet though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tunga posted:

It's not doing something weird related to the input type is it? On phones TextViews can do this weird fullscreen thing unless you set flagNoExtractUi on them. This shouldn't happen on a tablet though.

Hmm, I don't think so. I'll try the flagNoExtractUi thing and see what happens, but I would assume that if they were expanding, the background would be the colour of the TextView instead of something else

edit: also for some reason when i click on the edit text then click out of it I can no longer click on one of the boxes (or at least, it makes the click sound but it doesnt change the color to highlighted)

Edit two: I think the issue is going to be resolved if I convert my activities to fragments, based on what I'm reading

Ugh

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 13, 2017

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How would i look to see where the views went? Heres what it looks like (EditText is highlighted)

The view properties tab is helpful for looking at layout dimensions and such for a given view.

https://developer.android.com/studio/profile/hierarchy-viewer.html

Also I usually like to start at the target view and walk my way back up the hierarchy in the preview to see where things got wonky.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Edit two: I think the issue is going to be resolved if I convert my activities to fragments, based on what I'm reading

Mind sharing where you're reading that? I'm thinking this is a red herring and you're just going to hate yourself by adding fragments into the mix.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
After talking with FAT32 SHAME I came in here to see what bad advice looks like and boy, I was not let down. How can anyone be an Android developer and not embrace fragments? They single-handedly enable the creation of responsive apps that can adapt to handle all screen sizes, from Android Wear up through to Android TV on a 4K TV.

To load a fragment? Just get FragmentManager in the mix and point it to a FrameLayout in your activity's layout:

Java code:
FragmentManager fragmentManager = getFragmentManager();
Fragment frag;
String tag = TAG_FRAGMENT_SEARCH_RESULTS;
String title = gNavDrawerItems.get(section).getTitle();

// Get any existing fragment by that name
frag = fragmentManager.findFragmentByTag(tag);

// If a required fragment doesn't already exist, then get a new one
if(frag == null)
{
  frag = FragmentSearch.newInstance(FragmentSearch.FragmentMode.SEARCH);
}

// Load the fragment into the Activity
fragmentManager.beginTransaction().replace(R.id.content_frame, frag, tag).commit();

// update selected item and title, then close the drawer
gNavDrawerList.setItemChecked(section, true);
setTitle(title);
gNavDrawerLayout.closeDrawer(gNavDrawerList);
And the lifecycle is not difficult to deal with at all. Typically all you really have to worry about is remembering to preserve state in onSaveInstanceState(), then restore state in onCreate():

Java code:
public void onSaveInstanceState(Bundle outState)
{
    super.onSaveInstanceState(outState);
    // Save our search query
    outState.putString(OUT_SEARCH, gSearchTerm);
    outState.putInt(OUT_SECTION, gSection);
    outState.putCharSequence(OUT_SECTION_TITLE, gSectionTitle);
    outState.putBoolean(OUT_NAV_DRAWER_STATUS, gNavDrawerOpen);
}
Java code:
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
    // ...snip...
    // Restore the search term entered in the SearchView after rotation
    if(savedInstanceState != null)
    {
        gSearchTerm = savedInstanceState.getString(OUT_SEARCH);
        gSection = savedInstanceState.getInt(OUT_SECTION);
        gSectionTitle = savedInstanceState.getString(OUT_SECTION_TITLE);
        gNavDrawerOpen = savedInstanceState.getBoolean(OUT_NAV_DRAWER_STATUS);
    }
  // ...snip...
}
All of this code is pulled from a typical responsive app I built three years ago that uses a single main activity to display fragments in a single column on mobile, but expands out to two columns on tablets and larger. I didn't have an Activity for one screen size and an Activity for another, I just defined two layouts, one with a single slot for a Fragment, and one for larger devices with two slots.

Fragments are the backbone of Android apps and have been for quite some time. Back then these concepts were a little challenging to wrap my head around, and there was a learning curve no doubt, but once you stop listening to bad advice and take the time to learn about and include Fragments in your app, you'll be setting yourself up to easily handle all kinds of weird form factors down the line.

IAmKale fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 14, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You can still build activities and not have to worry about the device's screen size, i'm more concerned given the complexity of the app that i'm building vs the pain in the rear end ratio of rewriting my activities to fragments and debugging this weird edittext issue. I could rewrite it in fragments and still have the two bugs that i'm currently experiencing, which will be hard to justify as i slink farther behind

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kitten smoothie posted:

The view properties tab is helpful for looking at layout dimensions and such for a given view.

https://developer.android.com/studio/profile/hierarchy-viewer.html

Also I usually like to start at the target view and walk my way back up the hierarchy in the preview to see where things got wonky.
After digging through the parent views, I found several possible culprits.

This is the ActionBar before clicking on the EditText

After:

For some reason it's expanding the height to 996 even though I've set android:maxHeight="?attr/ActionBarSize"

Here is the first view that gets wonky

And to the left of the red line/arrow here is where it continues to be wonky, all the way to the root of all the views

I'm currently looking at my inflation methods in my BaseActivity that I wrote so I dont have to write so much boilerplate and other activities can inherit from, so fingers crossed I find the issue. I wonder if my CustomExpandableListAdapter inflaters are loving something up with the inflation of the ActionBar:thunk:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 14, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

TURNS OUT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS CHANGE THE MANIFEST TO adjustNothing THANK THE GODS

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anyone have any idea why an ExpandedListView expands and collapses fine with a textview in it, but when i add a widget.Switch it no longer expands? I'm assuming its something with the layout inflater

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Anyone know if it's possible to theme or influence the look of spelling popups? Or what's responsible for them? The kind where you spell a word wrong, it gets underlined in red, and then you can tap on it to get some suggestions

Someone's got that going on, and there are a lot of reports of similar fuckery with Samsungs thanks to a recent update, but that one looks like a weirdly faded light theme and everyone else is complaining about dark themes. But it would be good to be able to force a dark theme on that popup anyway - it looks fine on my device but it's still using a light theme. It'd be nice to make it dark to match the app

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Hello.

I'm looking for statistics/some reference on what ABI (armeabi, armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64, mips, mips64) android phones use, preferably a percentage.

armeabi (arm v5+) and mips aren't used at all in todays market I guess?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

x86 is mostly ignorable too right now afaik.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Support for the armv5 arch went away with KitKat so minSdkVersion 19 and you're good there.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Thanks. How about mips?

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Volmarias posted:

x86 is mostly ignorable too right now afaik.

armv5 has been dead for like a decade now, and mips never existed. There are a few million mips devices in China, but it's a different mips ABI than the one in the NDK. Note that armv7 doesn't imply NEON or the idiv instruction (thanks nvidia).

x86 is alive in chromebooks, the nexus player, and emulators. I'm not sure whether ChromeOS supports 64-bit, but the nexus player definitely does not.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Also if there is any reference to this I would be grateful. Doing some research

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

b0lt posted:

armv5 has been dead for like a decade now, and mips never existed. There are a few million mips devices in China, but it's a different mips ABI than the one in the NDK. Note that armv7 doesn't imply NEON or the idiv instruction (thanks nvidia).

x86 is alive in chromebooks, the nexus player, and emulators. I'm not sure whether ChromeOS supports 64-bit, but the nexus player definitely does not.

Great info. Thanks a bunch.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have experience with building QT QML for android armv7? QT has issues with keeping their build tools up-to-date with the latest versions of Android but now I'm not even able to build with older versions of the android sdk and none of the ideas from the official forums have helped.

Here's the error I'm getting:

quote:

Android build SDK not defined. Check Android settings.
Error while building/deploying project 2020Connect (kit: Android for armeabi-v7a (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.9.2 for Android armv7))
When executing step "Build Android APK"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So with RecyclerView being encouraged to be used instead of ListViews, did they bother to update ExpandableListView?

I discovered the beauty of using FirebaseUI's FirebaseRecyclerAdapter to build my RecyclerViews and I would really like to uncomplicate my wicked complicated ExpandableListViews

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So with RecyclerView being encouraged to be used instead of ListViews, did they bother to update ExpandableListView?

I discovered the beauty of using FirebaseUI's FirebaseRecyclerAdapter to build my RecyclerViews and I would really like to uncomplicate my wicked complicated ExpandableListViews
I've literally never used an ExpandingListView but I'd have thought you could recreate that behaviour with a RecyclerView fairly easily. Just have a view with whatever expanding behaviour that you want and put a bunch of them in a RecyclerView.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tunga posted:

I've literally never used an ExpandingListView but I'd have thought you could recreate that behaviour with a RecyclerView fairly easily. Just have a view with whatever expanding behaviour that you want and put a bunch of them in a RecyclerView.

It looks like there's an open source thingo to do it, but I was trying to avoid needing to deal with needing to write custom Firebase code into the adapter since I'm pressed for time.

edit: i guess I could look at the source code of the FirebaseUI.FirebaseRecyclerAdapter and figure it out from there. My dumbass PM told a customer that a six month app would be done in 4.5 when 6 months was best case, which means i need to have a working demo by december 8th lol

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My dumbass PM told a customer that a six month app would be done in 4.5 when 6 months was best case, which means i need to have a working demo by december 8th lol
The last time someone did this to me I just quit my job, this will technically solve your problem but may not be the solution you were looking for.