Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look, don't you know that every kid who is taught to read by a public school is essentially stealing money from my EK buddies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rappaport posted:

Yeah, it's loving awful when the state makes money. I mean, what are they going to do with it, teach kids how to read or something? Sad!

We should also double the price of HSL bus tickets and electricity transfer fees. Because kids will learn to read.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
FinnPol leftwingers figure out how to eliminate illiteracy and disease - by increasing train ticket prices!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

FinnPol leftwingers figure out how to eliminate illiteracy and disease - by increasing train ticket prices!

Hmm yes because it isn't the ultra-hard-libero-right who are currently in (the only) position to increase train ticket prices who have actually kept raising train ticket prices, it's posters ITT.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm yes because it isn't the ultra-hard-libero-right who are currently in (the only) position to increase train ticket prices who have actually kept raising train ticket prices, it's posters ITT.

Surely you should be happy, because that's just more money that's been spent on education, according to Rappaport

Here's another left-wing idea for reducing poverty (widely used in Africa): What if, instead of solving crimes, the police robbed people instead? It would be great for the profits of Poliisilaitos!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Surely you should be happy, because that's just more money that's been spent on education, according to Rappaport

No it was directly used to literally line the pockets (with money) of rich right-wingers currently in power. I would've thought you'd know this :confused:

It should've been spent on education and other good things.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Here's another left-wing idea for reducing poverty (widely used in Africa): What if, instead of solving crimes, the police robbed people instead? It would be great for the profits of Poliisilaitos!

But we already do that in the form of taxation. :v:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I was specifically lampooning your argument that "government making money is bad", I'm sorry libertarians cannot comprehend humour, human behaviour, etc.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

No it was directly used to literally line the pockets (with money) of rich right-wingers currently in power. I would've thought you'd know this :confused:

It should've been spent on education and other good things.

Now, even though you're Jerry Cotton, let's take this logic a step further:

Despite the fact that we have the least corrupt government in the world*, profits from government owned companies are apparently used to literally line the pockets of rich right-wingers currently in power, therefore your conclusion is that we should have more government owned companies?

*of course our government is probably a lot less corrupt than any potential Vasemmistoliitto led government would be, but since you may disagree with that, it's worth pointing out that the people you think are not corrupt will never be in power in Finland

Rappaport posted:

I was specifically lampooning your argument that "government making money is bad", I'm sorry libertarians cannot comprehend humour, human behaviour, etc.
hahaha great politicla humor

And when did I ever make that argument?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

And when did I ever make that argument?

You sarcastically made the inverse of it, which lead me to believe you felt that was the case. I do apologize if I've misrepresented your views, I'm all about keeping to the NAP.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Let's see now, if I add everyone who's posted in the last few pages in my ignore list the thread experience would be greatly improved, OTOH there wouldn't be anything to read anymore.

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Actually, the job of police is to keep the peace. Solving crimes just happens to be an effective method of making people not hate you for having the monopoly on violence.

Why do you think there are militias and such in africa? If you have a lovely, underfunded and corrupt police force, people will take the matters in their own hands.

Capitalist welfare state is an extension of that idea. If your life isn't complete poo poo you can live with following the rules without wanting liquidate the leaders and rich people. This is why nordic countries are the most stable places on earth.

GP isn't even a smart libertarian. He just hates anything associated with state power so much, that he would destroy the things that benefit the free market and rich loving assholes he loves.

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.
And that is why privatised trains are bad for free market.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Don't be silly, what we need is a totally unregulated train industry, so that we can have either:

1) One operator with a total monopoly, that naturally shuts down everything except the most profitable routes. The routes and train frequency will be cut down every three months to reach that sweet sweet quarterly profit increase goal. When the monopoly operator "suddenly" declares bankruptcy and the CEO retires to a cushy banking job in Luxembourg, the tax payer will bail out the remains. After everything is working again the operations will be sold (suhmurointi) to a single company and the whole thing will repeat itself.

or

2) Every 100m of track and every train carriage will be owned by a different operator for maximum complexity and corruption potential. There will be numerous operator "alliances" and track share deals. The customers will naturally have to deal with a million different companies and websites for every single journey, with hidden surcharges and fees at every corner. Taking a train from Helsinki Railway Station to Pasila will require 5 transfers and there's about a 90% chance the train will be cancelled.

~*~customer value~*~

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fated To Be Fat posted:

Actually, the job of police is to keep the peace. Solving crimes just happens to be an effective method of making people not hate you for having the monopoly on violence.

Why do you think there are militias and such in africa? If you have a lovely, underfunded and corrupt police force, people will take the matters in their own hands.

Capitalist welfare state is an extension of that idea. If your life isn't complete poo poo you can live with following the rules without wanting liquidate the leaders and rich people. This is why nordic countries are the most stable places on earth.

GP isn't even a smart libertarian. He just hates anything associated with state power so much, that he would destroy the things that benefit the free market and rich loving assholes he loves.

Great relevant post

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

Lmao the world is crazy. I have second hand information that these people exist in Helsingin Yliopisto, too. Why didn't we listen to the ligurs!

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
There are actually dozens of racist professors in Helsingin Yliopisto

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

HUMAN FISH posted:

There are actually dozens of racist professors in Helsingin Yliopisto

How many
layers of irony
are you on

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

SnowblindFatal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

Lmao the world is crazy. I have second hand information that these people exist in Helsingin Yliopisto, too. Why didn't we listen to the ligurs!

Indeed, when I told folks people like that exist and it's not a good thing, they called me a liar and a hitler.

Listen to ligurs. We are right about some things.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ligur posted:

Indeed, when I told folks people like that exist and it's not a good thing, they called me a liar and a hitler.

Listen to ligurs. We are right about some things.

I mean they exist and some are even quite influential (e.g. Tiina Rosenberg) but luckily in Finland a) the students are more mature (because they're older), b) the students just don't give a poo poo and c) because people rarely take a lot of classes outside their own major subjects, the craziness is concentrated instead of spread out like in the US where engineering students might have to take gender studies courses.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The carbage Rosenberg represents is beyond reason but fortunately I would not call her influential.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Appears the mediterranean deaths are almost over, the tribal bosses in Libya now get cash from Italy and established a coastal protection zone that blocks smuggler fleets. The mobsters behind the human trafficking run outta profit and don't give a poo poo no more, appears sea taxi operation: finished at previous volumes.

Nyt monia harmittaa kun ei tule lisää monikulttuuria emmekä saa enää pizzaa tai kebabia.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Geriatric Pirate posted:

like in the US where engineering students might have to take gender studies courses.
Anecdotal, but back in the days I was told that over half of the students in gender studies lectures were Math/Phys/CS majors because they just wanted to get out of sausagefest that our own departments were.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005355475.html

quote:

Ministeriön ehdotus: Kansalaisille oikeus ottaa kiinni laittomasti maassa olevat

Ministeriön ehdotus laajentaisi jokamiehen kiinniotto-oikeuden maassa laittomasti oleskeleviksi epäiltyihin.

lmbo
ur under arrest for acting suspiciously foreign

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess when Sipis said that Finland has become the new DDR back in the day he actually thought it was a swell idea.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Laplanders in Finland beware. Karelians too.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

throw to first drat IT posted:

http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005355475.html

lmbo
ur under arrest for acting suspiciously foreign

I'm ready to hunt the most dangerous animal in the world.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

I'm ready to hunt the most dangerous animal in the world.

Bees?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Mosquitos, I think.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

I guess when Sipis said that Finland has become the new DDR back in the day he actually thought it was a swell idea.

Something you two agree on then?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Whoops?

Suomen kuvalehti posted:

Salainen asiakirja: Verohallinto kieltää työntekijöitään puuttumasta alle 30 000 euron pimeisiin lahjoihin

Verottaja ei tee ilmiannoista tutkintapyyntöjä poliisille. Verohallinto ja valtiovarainministeri Petteri Orpo eivät kommentoineet ohjetta SK:lle.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Anyone need to launder 29k? I'll take 10% but service is guaranteed (once).

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
It appears some of the asylum seekers who came to Finland from Sweden (women and children escaping from certain torture, war and death, except for the fact they were literally all uneducated young men and apart from the left, nobody knows what war is going on in Sweden with police torture camps) went back to Sweden because Finns served them bad food, and now Sweden, where the border officials were told not to register these people back in the day, are going to send them BACK to Finland.

Human perpetual motion machine created.

Awesome thing is the left wing thinks this is amazing and totally cool and rad, and fights against the nazis. And opposes fascism. Because fascists are evil. And white hetero guys. Who are evil too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Escape became impossible the moment they entered the bog hole's event horizon. Those poor muslims are finished

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ligur posted:

Appears the mediterranean deaths are almost over, the tribal bosses in Libya now get cash from Italy and established a coastal protection zone that blocks smuggler fleets. The mobsters behind the human trafficking run outta profit and don't give a poo poo no more, appears sea taxi operation: finished at previous volumes.

Nyt monia harmittaa kun ei tule lisää monikulttuuria emmekä saa enää pizzaa tai kebabia.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9824117

The old and effective strategy, pay for poo poo countries, Libya, Turkey, etc. to kill people so you don't have to do it yourself.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

doverhog posted:

The old and effective strategy, pay for poo poo countries, Libya, Turkey, etc. to kill people so you don't have to do it yourself.
Souns legit, bad things count only if they happen to white people after all.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9823551

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

Juu täällä Suomessa koko ajan tapetaan ja kidutetaan porukkaa, koska ashdfhfgj.

Haistapa nyt vittu.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Have you tried learning to read? It's not as hard as it might seem and you'd get more out of posting here too.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

Have you tried learning to read? It's not as hard as it might seem and you'd get more out of posting here too.

Kirjoitettu kuin truu D&D posteri. Et sitten oikeasti luule, että osaan kirjoittaa tai lukea?

Kyllä mä osaan. Ja oikeasti itse kirjoitit, että rajavalvonta tarkoittaa sitä, että kuolema ja kidutus vaan ulkoistetaan Libyaan. No ensinkään Suomessa ei kiduteta, ja toisekseen sitä toimintaa (jota ei siis ole) ei siirretä Libyan puuhaksi jos Italiassa sanotaan rajan olevan kiinni.

Puhuit kauheaa kakkaa, ja sitten sait jonkun kohtauksen jossa väitit etten osaa lukea. Kas kun sattui viikonloppuun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

En sanonut, että EU:n tai Suomen rajavalvonta olisi kidutusta, vaan että se on sitä siinä muodossa kuin Libya sitä harjoittaa. EU siis maksaa Libyan rannikkovartiostolle rajavalvonnasta ja pakolaisten leirittämisestä koska sillä ei ole moraalista rohkeutta valvoa tai leirittää itse, ja on oikeastaan vain tyytyväinen jos Libyan sotilaat vähentävät vetovoimatekijöitä kiväärin perällä koputtamalla.