Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
dumblecore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i don't think Clinton actually has a cult of personality outside of consultants trying to get hired

Then you thought wrong

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HYKW3kTaY

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

they're hella hosed Up but they're also books about how authority figures are fuckin morons who will fall under the sway of Wizard Nazis because its easier to stick your head in the sand than admit there's a problem and sometimes its actually cool and good to buck the system

i have

mixed feelings

a good tiebreaker is rowling needing food stamps to survive while creating harry potter and went immediately to FYGM once she got a zillion dollars

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

there's a good chance that someone somewhere got genuinely inspired by harry potter and then got actively called out for being a racist because they tweeted class warfare at rowling lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Business Gorillas posted:

a good tiebreaker is rowling needing food stamps to survive while creating harry potter and went immediately to FYGM once she got a zillion dollars

As much as I'd like to say I would do better with a zillion dollars I'd probably be forcing Poors to fight to the death for my amusement so

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

but would you pretend that you're righteous for doing so?

probably. what person doesn't justify his own behavior.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Prav posted:

but would you pretend that you're righteous for doing so?

absolutely

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

As much as I'd like to say I would do better with a zillion dollars I'd probably be forcing Poors to fight to the death for my amusement so

:same:, all that money is a disease and i say we cure the billionaire class

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Crosspost from the weird headlines thread:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

quote:

(WHITLEY, U.K.) August 31, 2017 – Jaguar Land Rover has hired the first of the next generation of electronics and software engineering geniuses following the recent code-breaking recruitment challenge within the Gorillaz app.

Daniel Dunkley, a 23-year-old from Gloucester, UK, is the first successful code-breaker to join Jaguar Land Rover. Daniel left school at 16 and was working as a controls engineer at a local quarry. His coding and software skills are completely self-taught from an early interest in playing computer games at home with his older brother. He starts work on October 2 as a software engineer at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon, Warwickshire.

Gorillaz and Jaguar Land Rover will continue the search for world-class talent at Jaguar Land Rover’s inaugural Tech Fest event, September 8-10 at London’s Central Saint Martins art, design and technology college.

Fans interested in a job at Jaguar Land Rover can visit a pop-up Gorillaz garage at Tech Fest to try a puzzle testing technical ability, logical thinking and memory. Want to see if you’ve got what it takes? Solve the puzzle and you’ll skip the initial screening of the Jaguar Land Rover recruitment process.

If you can’t make it to Tech Fest, complete the coding challenge on the Gorillaz app and go straight to interview. The code-breaking puzzle tests real-world skills that the new generation of software and engineering talent must have. The challenge remains open worldwide.

Noodle, the virtual band’s guitarist and a Jaguar Land Rover ambassador, said, “Think big and do better, my motto. Stop putting those filters on your food and download this app immediately. The first hire has happened, so get involved and win!”

Daniel Dunkley said, “I’m overwhelmed by how much has happened in the last two months. I read about the coding challenge set by Jaguar Land Rover and Gorillaz on BBC News and decided to have a go. We did the interview by Google Chat then I was invited to Gaydon to talk about my new job. It completely blew me away that I didn’t have to fill out any application forms. I was thrilled when they offered me a job! My dad drives a Land Rover Defender so I have always been a fan. I can’t believe I may now get to work on the next generation Defender!”

So far, almost 400,000 people have downloaded the Gorillaz app. Of the 41,000 who have taken the challenge, almost 500 cracked the code.

Alex Heslop, Head of Electrical Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover, said, “Daniel is exactly the kind of person we need. Technology companies like Jaguar Land Rover provide an exciting opportunity for the brightest and best. We want to attract top-notch talent in software, cyber systems, app development and graphics. We don’t do ordinary and that means hiring extraordinary people. Jaguar Land Rover makes some of the world’s most exciting cars and it needs brilliant people to create them.”

In the spirit of collaborative innovation, Jaguar Land Rover has invited an array of speakers to take part in a series of debates and talks throughout Tech Fest, attended by an audience of global influencers and journalists from four continents. Topics will include the future of diesel, electrification, women in industry and robotics, debated by a range of global industry and consumer experts from around the world. To learn more and see the full speaker line-up, visit https://www.jaguarlandrover.com

The search for young talent goes on. Interested applicants can download the Gorillaz app now at the iTunes App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gorillaz/id1217997478?mt=8) or Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Parlophone.Gorillaz&hl=en.

To find out more about Jaguar Land Rover recruitment, visit: https://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com. For specific roles in electrification see: https://www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com/jlr-roles/product-creation/electrification/

Traditional application methods remain open and CVs will be accepted, but Jaguar Land Rover invites potential applicants to download the app, break the codes and solve the problems to fast-track their way into employment.

:dare:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

why does the land rover company need the "next generation of software engineer geniuses" to make cars

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
cars have a lot of computers and software.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cars are computers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You wouldn't download a car...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

the bitcoin of weed posted:

why does the land rover company need the "next generation of software engineer geniuses" to make cars

Self Driving Cars?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The majority of executives (36%) see the production and sale of an automobile including technological add-ons (e.g. connected multimedia devices) as the most likely business model for traditional automakers in 2025.

https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/pdf/2016/01/gaes-2016.pdf

They're also super keen to start harvesting the data you generate while driving (drive time, gps, insurance information, media consumption) to start selling it on.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You wouldn't download a car...

moment i can fit a 3d printer large enough to print out a car into my garage im gonna start downloading cars

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
good thing i wont be allowed to drive again

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Business Gorillas posted:

:same:, all that money is a disease and i say we cure the billionaire class

the medicine is blades and bricks in socks

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Peanut President posted:

Self Driving Cars?

cant wait for range rover to make a car that drives itself up a dam

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

cant wait for range rover to make a car that drives itself up a dam

Up it, off it, basically the same thing.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

namesake posted:

The majority of executives (36%) see the production and sale of an automobile including technological add-ons (e.g. connected multimedia devices) as the most likely business model for traditional automakers in 2025.

They're also super keen to start harvesting the data you generate while driving (drive time, gps, insurance information, media consumption) to start selling it on.

hahahahaha kill me

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

namesake posted:

People will be masturbating a lot more in their cars

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the medicine is blades and bricks in socks

Why not guns?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they're going to put him in charge of some hacked together blackberry os media center that stutters and jerks every time you press a button and loses Bluetooth connectivity until you pull the radio fuse and reset it

We Only Hire Geniuses

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Buying a gun is supporting capitalism, Conrad.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Peanut President posted:

What if it's a surplus gun from the former USSR?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

What if it's a surplus gun from the former USSR?

that would be supporting slavery

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
http://www.businessinsider.com/mars-climate-change-investment-global-warming-sustainability-plan-greenhouse-gas-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

I'm just gonna spend a billion dollars on research but still make farmers carry poo poo by hand

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I'm just gonna spend a billion dollars on research but still make farmers carry poo poo by hand

Great way to funnel money from your "charities" back into the company through your R&D subsidiaries, bet it makes a nice deduction on the back end

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Is it really surprising that a company that sells chocolate is worried that global warming is gonna gently caress up its crops? I get that's what makes it WOKE but the newspaper treats this like it's a revolutionary idea.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Peanut President posted:

what about buying an artisans guns?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Peanut President posted:

Is it really surprising that a company that sells chocolate is worried that global warming is gonna gently caress up its crops? I get that's what makes it WOKE but the newspaper treats this like it's a revolutionary idea.

It's more that they pretend to care about the environment for reasons other than it'll gently caress with their chocolate sales.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

reminder that a lot of african cocoa farmers are so poor they dont even know what chocolate is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

namesake posted:

joke's on you bitches, i take the subway

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
thou shalt not criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot because that's racist and btw here's a gif stolen from tumblr
-D&D wokes

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

thou shalt not criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot because that's racist and btw here's a gif stolen from tumblr
-D&D wokes

It's not racist to criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot but guess what, people criticize minority idiots way harder and way more frequently because they're minorities and the whole entirety of recorded history proves this so stop whining when that's pointed out to you.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

poor ben carson, thought of brains and slept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's not racist to criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot but guess what, people criticize minority idiots way harder and way more frequently because they're minorities and the whole entirety of recorded history proves this so stop whining when that's pointed out to you.

And defending them because too much criticism might be racist is doing precisely what the GOP wants you to do. Just like with nazi rallies being a free speech issue, conservatives use non-white surrogates to guilt liberals into defending them and their beliefs.