Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

He's going to make a voodoo doll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zergman is incredibly good at staying around nuisance level instead of peaking regularly in high amplitude disruption

hes mastered the art of being a 6 magnet w/o demanding worse sanction

watch, ill throw a probe at him rn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Constant Hamprince, Zegermans, Concerned Citizen.

Posters like these, and their Hillarymen allies, constitute an axis of evil, typing to threaten the peace of the forum. By seeking trolling of mass disruption, these posters pose a grave and growing danger.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

Why are leftists so mad at Hamilton

The anger is like a left wing version of clock boy

It's

a) a cultural phenomenon
b) idolizing a Founder
c) which you have to pay ridiculous sums of money to see and they haven't just taped a performance and put it on Netflix yet for some dumb reason, and
d) which a lot of the same kind of people who can't shut up about Harry Potter (SEE: white people on the Internet) became completely obsessed with and can't shut up about

seems like a pretty straightforward thing :shrug:

A lot of the subtext of the play itself reads like it'd get Miranda banned in D&D for primary salt -- the protagonist is all about ~*~principle and nothing more~*~ and the primary antagonist is an empty-suit politician who pretty much only wants power, which I thought was extremely on-the-nose back during the actual primary -- but the average Internet person gushing about Hamilton doesn't pick up on that stuff.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whoops hes already probed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you can listen to a single song from Hamilton without getting mad then you've got brain worms.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ill throw him one later then!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Constant Hamprince, Zegermans, Concerned Citizen.

Posters like these, and their Hillarymen allies, constitute an axis of evil, typing to threaten the peace of the forum. By seeking trolling of mass disruption, these posters pose a grave and growing danger.

why do you hate the sanders-lfist vanguard party

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Squizzle posted:

You'rre either with us, or against us.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

i still cant believe im with her was real

im troubled to think of a worse campaign slogan on a candidate that made it anywhere
even jeb can fix it was better

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

sure, but the campaign wasn't really trying to roast bernie
lol

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you can listen to a single song from Hamilton without getting mad then you've got brain worms.

I'm Lin Manuel rapping on SNL about Hillary

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

greetings

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tim Kaine in the membrane

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
What is the ideal leftist ticket for 2020? Also, are any cool celebrities (excluding Zuck!) considering running?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Squizzle posted:

Sanders push for medicare for all undermines the work the REEEEAL Left-ace does for genuine single-payer

DOES NOT ELIMINATE COPAYS

Get out of the way old man you are exactly the same as HRC

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Know Such Peace posted:

What is the ideal leftist ticket for 2020? Also, are any cool celebrities (excluding Zuck!) considering running?

Hillary (answer to both)

Her running again would shatter the centrist candidates in the primaries and be a huge boon to the left.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm Lin Manuel getting thrown in the trash by Immortal Technique

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've listened to a few songs from hamilton and its very simplistic, corny rap music. there's nothing wrong with that, and arguably it is ideal for the chosen format but that don't make it any more appealing to me

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/2dammuslim/status/905388504691220480

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The concept of a rap musical about the most hipster-obscure founding father is the dorkiest thing I can think of, and also it doesn't have Ben Franklin in it which is a big mistake, but Lin-Manuel Miranda did play D&D with the McElroy brothers which is cool

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

The concept of a rap musical about the most hipster-obscure founding father is the dorkiest thing I can think of, and also it doesn't have Ben Franklin in it which is a big mistake, but Lin-Manuel Miranda did play D&D with the McElroy brothers which is cool

This is the best of roast of Hamilton

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

quote:

In that respect, Hamilton probably is the “musical of the Obama era,” as The New Yorker called it. Contemporary progressivism has come to mean papering over material inequality with representational diversity. The president will continue to expand the national security state at the same rate as his predecessor, but at least he will be black. Predatory lending will drain the wealth from African American communities, but the board of Goldman Sachs will have several black members. Inequality will be rampant and worsening, but the 1% will at least “look like America.” The actual racial injustices of our time will continue unabated, but the power structure will be diversified so that nobody feels quite so bad about it. Hamilton is simply this tendency’s cultural-historical equivalent; instead of worrying ourselves about the brutal origins of the American state, and the lasting economic effects of those early inequities, we can simply turn the Founding Fathers black and enjoy the show.

Kings George I and II of England could barely speak intelligible English and spent more time dealing with their own failed sons than ruling the Empire —but they gave patronage to Handel. Ludwig II of Bavaria was believed to be insane and went into debt compulsively building castles — but he gave patronage to Wagner. Barack Obama deported more immigrants than any other president and expanded the drone program in order to kill almost 3,500 people — but he gave patronage to a neoliberal nerdcore musical. God bless this great land.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Speaking of Hamilton, I wonder what the newspaper he founded is up to toda-

https://twitter.com/NYPostOpinion/status/904946100913758208

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Corporations are so big, you don't even know who you're working for. That's terror. Terror built into the system.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

Hillary (answer to both)

Her running again would shatter the centrist candidates in the primaries and be a huge boon to the left.

Yeah I'll eat my toxx with a smile because she'll get loving bodied

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I'll eat my toxx with a smile because she'll get loving bodied

You'll be changing your tune this time next week when her book drops and we all truly get what happened, and then understand and then love

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MizPiz posted:

I'm Lin Manuel getting thrown in the trash by Immortal Technique

Link plz

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

"Barack Obama was a semi-good prez"

-some bad dem "nite crew" guy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/immortal-technique-sorry-he-bullied-lin-manuel.html

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I want Tina Fey to run in-character as Palin.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Know Such Peace posted:

I want Tina Fey to run in-character as Palin.

Allowing fictional characters to run for president is just asking for President Khaleesi

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/905415007256633344

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/gwarUF/status/905416965426225152

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

they're gonna be offering "daou online, mad, and nude red mica" for next year's corvette at this rate

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I’d be alright with Khaleesi as long as dragons show up at the convention.

Edit: Kate McKinnon runs as Hillary.

Know Such Peace has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Sep 6, 2017

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I'm sick of seeing the phrases "that wouldn't pass" and "that wouldn't make it through Congress"

loving say what they really mean: there are too many lovely members of Congress who won't vote for it, and whoever's saying it doesn't have the guts to come out swinging

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"political capital"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Know Such Peace posted:

I’d be alright with President Khaleesi el presidente 天皇 Gottkönig

• Locked thread