Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I can't believe how quickly this game is going by now. I guess once you're having fun with something time just flies huh? Also, this board is just so good. I would say for sure it is the best designed board in the game. I'm not sure why I didn't play it much when I was younger.

Horror Land Part 2

We only have one more board to go and then we're done with the game. We've started recording Mario Party 3 now and it's gonna come with some changes. We'll discuss them more when we get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, that was a virtuoso performance on Peach's part. She just could not do anything wrong.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 31, 2017

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

berenzen posted:

Peach will win by getting all 3 bonus stars

Called it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Senerio posted:

Peach's Got it!

Also appreciated the Star vs references. Good show. (Betcha can't have guessed I'd like it)

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it!

Senerio posted:

I continue to vote for Peach, despite the AI.

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it!

Senerio posted:

My prediction is Peach, as usual.

Senerio posted:

Sticking with Peach until I get a win.

Senerio posted:

I'm gonna keep up on the Peach line until it pays off.

Senerio posted:

Random bet today on Peach. 17 Coins.

Senerio posted:

I'm gonna guess Peach because anything can happen in mario party. 7 coins.

Senerio posted:

10 coins on Mario.

Turns out persistence pays off. Pay no attention to that first map.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It was a lot of fun seeing people vote for Calli wholeheartedly. She worked really hard on that board and everyone deserves those stars.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Turns out persistence pays off. Pay no attention to that first map.

Yes yes it does. I did not let you down this time my friend.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

And now we start on the final board. It was a long time coming, but we will be taking down Bowser in his home turf. And it's an amusement park this time. It actually fits the theme of the game with the title Bowser Land. I'm actually kind of sad that the other ones weren't also theme parks with different themes. That would have been really cool.

Bowser Land Part 1

As this is the final board, please keep in mind you only have until Saturday evening UTC -7. So get those votes in as quickly as possible.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Ah, my personal favourite board. Good times. :allears: Gonna go with Michael today.

For the final SiIvaGunner MP2 tune, we have the simply-titled 'Bowser Appears'. It's World Bowser from 3D World.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Bowser Land is kinda interesting since it's the only MP2 board where the players do not have a costume. (Perhaps because Bowser chased them off during the intro.)

It's kind of become my second favorite board of this game (favorite being Horror Land). If I remember correctly, it's the only board in this game where Happening Spaces do something different depending on where you step on them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Peach's got it!!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Michael is going to win I bet.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

Based off the first half of the first board, this is going to be a bad idea but I'm going for it.

I'm just going to vote for Michael to win every single board of Mario Party 2. Every. Single. One.

I've believed in you this whole time Michael, don't let me down now.

lightace
Jul 13, 2016
Team Peach always!

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Michael's gonna take it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're doing oddly well so far, all things considered.

However I'm going to go out on a limb and guess bullshit happens at the last minute and Normal CPU takes the cake.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Peach has things under control.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Michael

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the opposite bank they've got going here, actually. Everybody gets 5 coins, except the person who lands there has to pay it all back.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This is tough, but I'll go back to the status quo and say Michael.

IMO Bowser Land isn't anywhere nearly as bullshit as Magma Mountain or Eternal Star, but as you've shown, it's got its fair share of annoying gimmicks that can take away all your coins. That stretch of three Happening Spaces has the potential to really screw up whoever lands on it.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Putting my faith in Yoshi

White Coke
May 29, 2015
As always The Audience will win.

RydogZeta
Feb 14, 2016
Yoshi will win.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

White Coke posted:

As always The Audience will win.

Ah man you figured it out.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Warmal posted:

Ah man you figured it out.

It pick that or vote for Waluigi again. I am ashamed that I compromised my morals.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

You can always change your vote if you want since it was a non-vote. Today is the last day to get votes in, just as a reminder. Also, I added a new list to the OP everyone should check out.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Here we are at the end of the game. We had a lot of ups and downs this time around didn't we? Well, the OP has been updated with the winner of this round of voting, thank you everyone for watching this far. We will see you in Mario Party 3.

Bowser Land Part 2 & Credits

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I was close. DK had you guys scared for a bit, didn't he?

I hope you plan to intersperse the duel boards between the party boards in MP3. Going through all of one and then all of another can get monotonous.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Way to go, Calli!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

MR. J posted:

I was close. DK had you guys scared for a bit, didn't he?

I hope you plan to intersperse the duel boards between the party boards in MP3. Going through all of one and then all of another can get monotonous.
Ah, Duel Mode. I remember having quite a bit of fun with that one. Much like Mario Party 1 and Mario Party 2, I ended up unlocking all of the stuff I could in Mario Party 3.

Mario Party 3 is also the first Mario Party to have the story be a separate mode if I recall. An idea could be to intersperse the party and duel boards in the order that Story Mode did it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Finally, Waluigi's time to shine.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, here I figured you'd just finally use a star to go invincible and knock him into orbit that way.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Michael. I can't believe my belief in you didn't pay off. :negative:

Also I love the list of places that was rattled off around the 12:30. Hawaii. Florida. Calgary? ...Lethbridge?!? ...Almost Banff?!?!? An interesting random list of places when put together.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Kilza posted:

Michael. I can't believe my belief in you didn't pay off. :negative:

Also I love the list of places that was rattled off around the 12:30. Hawaii. Florida. Calgary? ...Lethbridge?!? ...Almost Banff?!?!? An interesting random list of places when put together.

We really haven't been to a lot of places. We live on a pretty tight budget so the more extravagant or far off places we were able to go to because of Michael's family. In October though we might make our first trip down to the states by ourselves which is exciting.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I've been itching to do some more personal design work and since we're done 2 games here I would like to ask something. I'd like to do a t-shirt design from maybe a quote or something from this LP. Is there anything that's stood out to anyone as a good quote that they think would be interesting on a t-shirt or even want to buy? I'm not saying I want people here to buy t-shirts from us I just want to have some fun with design since I don't do that a whole lot.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Warmal posted:

I've been itching to do some more personal design work and since we're done 2 games here I would like to ask something. I'd like to do a t-shirt design from maybe a quote or something from this LP. Is there anything that's stood out to anyone as a good quote that they think would be interesting on a t-shirt or even want to buy? I'm not saying I want people here to buy t-shirts from us I just want to have some fun with design since I don't do that a whole lot.

anything to do with keeping vital organs from Calli

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Teddy in Baby Mode properly captioned. :3:

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So now we begin the next game. Turns out, there is a lot more of Mario Party 3 than we initially though. Remember how I had all the boards unlocked on the cartridges for Mario Party and Mario Party 2? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So we're going to start this week with story mode. In the video we talk about doing two multiplayer boards and one single player board per week. But if we do that the Multiplayer boards will run out really quickly, so we're sticking to just doing two videos a week. This does mean that there won't be voting every single week, but with bonus episodes there will still be more voting weeks than not. So. Let's enjoy this madness together.

Story Mode - Chilly Waters

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I like that not even Nintendo could resist cashing in on the "turn of the millennium" hype in 2000. (Japanese release date was 12/3/00)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oof. Having to unlock boards through single player is just mean.

• Locked thread