Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the chinese shotgun is probably the best of its class right now

first time using it got 4k and it cuts down walls almost as good as buck's skeleton key. you just gotta look in the general direction of what you want to :unsmigghh:

expecting that (if anything) to get nerfed once available for purchase by renown lmao

Ying's pretty cool too, her LMG plays like what the P90 would be if it were an assault rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Interesting touch: Ela's pistol has a green laser sight instead of red like all the other lasers in the game.

Also the Scorpion rules :getin: You can set it up for really accurate hipfire spraying like Jackal's PDW.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

game is good

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
What is the meridian/m and why is lesion trying to jam it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ran into what appears to be a reproducible bug: If you're playing Secure Area on plane, the container will sometimes be un-spottable by the drones in the pre-game phase. You can do donuts right in front of it but it'll never be marked. Specifically when it spawns in the middle section among the seating (why yes, I am garbage at calling locations :downs:).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Perestroika posted:

Ran into what appears to be a reproducible bug: If you're playing Secure Area on plane, the container will sometimes be un-spottable by the drones in the pre-game phase. You can do donuts right in front of it but it'll never be marked. Specifically when it spawns in the middle section among the seating (why yes, I am garbage at calling locations :downs:).

It may technically be a terrible callout, but I knew immediately what you were referring to.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bed, seats, table, downstairs, all perfectly understandable.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

What is the meridian/m and why is lesion trying to jam it.

it's a concept in traditional chinese medicine

a meridian is a channel along which chi flows through our energetic anatomy

he's tryin to harsh your vibe

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

rap music posted:

it's a concept in traditional chinese medicine

a meridian is a channel along which chi flows through our energetic anatomy

he's tryin to harsh your vibe

Oh no! :ohdear:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that explains the leaked details on the polish attacker who is apparently his hard counter - a tactical ASMRtist that whispers sweet nothings into allied ears.

Orv posted:

Bed, seats, table, downstairs, all perfectly understandable.

unless you're playing a high tier ranked game, its funny that basic observational skills tend to benefit more for improvising callouts rather than using the actual label.

this is especially true in the new map because most players are genuinely lost.

the new map loving owns btw. i dont even miss favela having now played it a few times. if you haven't tried it yet - bring Sledge... especially before everyone else learns the maps. thank me later :black101:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thief posted:

unless you're playing a high tier ranked game, its funny that basic observational skills tend to benefit more for improvising callouts rather than using the actual label.

this is especially true in the new map because most players are genuinely lost.

the new map loving owns btw. i dont even miss favela having now played it a few times. if you haven't tried it yet - bring Sledge... especially before everyone else learns the maps. thank me later :black101:

Why would you ever play this game in high tier ranked on purpose?

E: Or I guess more specifically with people that would need to use the label call outs instead of whatever insane home brew poo poo your five man has.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 6, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

because a lot of my friends are extremely good at this game and even grouping with one or two of them will seemingly shoot you to the top of the matchmaker

e: the most fun ppl to play with are in discord though - they tend to be pretty chill and like to explore the game on their own rather than recreate some loving youtube tutorial

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 6, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Thief posted:

the chinese shotgun is probably the best of its class right now

first time using it got 4k and it cuts down walls almost as good as buck's skeleton key. you just gotta look in the general direction of what you want to :unsmigghh:

expecting that (if anything) to get nerfed once available for purchase by renown lmao

Ying's pretty cool too, her LMG plays like what the P90 would be if it were an assault rifle

I think shotguns in general got a buff to their wall killing potential - I've seen Sledge's shotgun loving EXPLODE walls on Kafe yesterday. One blast and half of the wall is gone :stonk:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ela's Scorpion is toooooo loving good. That thing is going to get nerfed hard because it destroys people right now. A better headshot printer than Valkyrie's SMG.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pings from Asia so what

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Really like Yings LMG, it's super stable with the Compensator/Grip.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
There seems to be some undocumented changes with regards to destruction. Tachanaka's MG breaks off chuck of barricade with only one hit. Spanish operator's shortened shotgun now destroy walls just as good as a normal shotgun.

Edit: Glaz's rifle also doesn't damage wall as good anymore.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 6, 2017

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

are the weapon attachments' descriptions accurate? which is usually the best attachment for burst firing?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

rap music posted:

are the weapon attachments' descriptions accurate? which is usually the best attachment for burst firing?

Flash hider for burst firing, compensator for sustained fire, muzzle break for single shot weapons (DMRs/Pistols).

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Flash hider has more accurate individual bursts, while muzzle break will reset the recoil in between bursts faster.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The more I look at Ela's pose, the stupider it gets.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard, why is this weeks charm a terrible roundel instead of the toucan it should have obviously been.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol i am a child and fully enjoying putting the japanese charm on all my HK guns

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The more I look at Ela's pose, the stupider it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhvZW37PhI

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ummm why did the game dump all of my settings :saddowns:

tjones
May 13, 2005

rap music posted:

To save space.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rap music posted:

They were confusing new players

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

day 1 operator stats be like:

meanwhile attempting ranked placements while servers are at max pop:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

so weird, it dumped EVERYTHING

loadouts, bindings, skins, etc

rap music fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 7, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That happens if it fails to sync your cloud save. If the game doesn't shutdown properly it can skip this syncing and recover the next time you play by generating a new local save file that is then pushed to the cloud when you next quit. Happened to me a couple times and it does indeed suck. Basically you can blame Uplay, and/or Hard.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Jesus, played with two of the saltiest randoms I've ever encountered in this game, right back to back. The second one was actually trying to sabotage our team, shooting our mira windows and gadgets and so on out, because he'd made up his mind that we "didn't communicate" (we're on discord) after one round. I guess I should consider myself lucky this kinda thing doesn't happen more often, but it beggars the question, can you just not kick on ranked anymore? I know you can't on overtime, but by round 3 we'd decided we'd had enough of him and it didn't let us even then.

And if you can't, why the hell not?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They removed kicking in ranked many a patch ago. Something about premades kicking people so they got a loss and maybe a sanction.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

New content is objectively good and fun. The game is objectively loving worse now. Atrocious casual matchmaking, atrocious hitreg, vaulting works maybe half the time, I'm constantly being pushed away from walls.

I understand new patches bring new bugs but you guys just made a big to-do about Operation Health and the BIG SEASON 3 KICKOFF PATCH WOOOO! But this game loving blows right now. It's legitimately less fun than last season, novelty of the new ops aside.

Might be break time boys.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 7, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cya

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Welp, an old bug is officially back. If you prime a grenade, cancel the action, and switch to your drone or camera you get blown up again. Hard, fix your game.

Bays_
Jan 31, 2006

Bays_ fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 7, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, nerf Ela so people stop picking her so I can again, please.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I thought Ela was suppose to have headgear/season pass variant thing that dyed her hair blonde? Or was i just imagining things? I'd think she'd look better blonde tbh

Edit: Havent see any rage because of it yet, but you can tell there are career Jaegar/Bandit mains that still haven't went back and changed their optic because i'm suddenly seeing a whole more of them running around with iron sights :allears:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I thought Ela was suppose to have headgear/season pass variant thing that dyed her hair blonde? Or was i just imagining things? I'd think she'd look better blonde tbh

the season pass headgear basically just removes the purple from her goggles

butt at least you can do this:

:yosbutt:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Thief posted:

the season pass headgear basically just removes the purple from her goggles

butt at least you can do this:

:yosbutt:

I've seen entire teams of pubbies sprint behind her and dive to a prone state while she reinforces walls just to marvel. It's surreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tactical yoga pants

• Locked thread