Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Will IBM disavow Nick Mullen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GalacticAcid posted:

Why would they disavow their president?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Actually Nick was ousted as president of IBM way back in the mid 40s following some questionable business decisons

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

the holocaust sponsors are v. upset by his stance of 'kill most jews'

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Them talking about robbing banks by melting down pennies is the most I've enjoyed this show in a while

Also glad to hear Captain Dan is still being put on blast all these years later

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Before anyone starts planning their own penny melting revolution, the material cost thing hasn’t been true for decades. The government switched the formula, so now we have shittier pennies.

I’ve backed myself into a joke about rear end pennies.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"We love our NPC" hahahah

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
drat, some good laffs this ep.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Know Such Peace posted:

Before anyone starts planning their own penny melting revolution, the material cost thing hasn’t been true for decades. The government switched the formula, so now we have shittier pennies.

I’ve backed myself into a joke about rear end pennies.

Yeah, I was :spergin: out, wanting to yell at them that pennies are pretty much all zinc nowadays.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pennies are pretty much all zinc nowadays.

-Forums poster prefect

Verrit code: H45_420

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

inthesto posted:

Them talking about robbing banks by melting down pennies is the most I've enjoyed this show in a while

Also glad to hear Captain Dan is still being put on blast all these years later

Remember that GBS slobbed all over them back in the day, because GBS was and is fuckin awful

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Remember that GBS slobbed all over them back in the day, because GBS was and is fuckin awful

We got that funny dis track out of it at least

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I will say this about the conservative raps: all of them are better rap than Hamilton. (Except Baked Alaska, who just did atomically lovely R&B.)

Digital Jedi posted:

New episode out and sadly it was recorded before Daou tweeted them but they do talk about Verrit

Loved that cold opening.
The moment Will started doing the bit, I thought "Felix is going to Codec in to tell us he's on a secret mission for FOXHOUND."

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 6, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I still can't get over Verrit codes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

little munchkin posted:

lol what part of the 2016 election made these people think that they just need to logic a little harder to win
Which episode was the one where they talk about When Prophecy Fails?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

We got that funny dis track out of it at least

always a toss up between YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF gently caress YOU and NINETY PERCENT OF YOUR FANS ARE DUDES IN WOLF SHIRTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtUQNxp02mE

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Daou sound like Sonic CD

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Which episode was the one where they talk about When Prophecy Fails?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The clip they played on the show sounds like a new theme song for Sailor Moon.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi I'm Warren Ellis, writer of "Hunter s Thompson blogs so hard he saves the world" and here's my opinions
Ellis is remarkably on Chapo's level; The Smiler was based on Bill Clinton.

It's the dope-smoking Singularity-preaching techno-futurism that hasn't aged well and kinda makes him look like a Silicon Valley liberal.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 6, 2017

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty
The show isn't the same with Matt within speaking distance. They need to put him back in the well so he can shout.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

it's not complete without the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FThlNAa-Y

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The Daou is over 9,000!!

(yes I know that's a different cartoon. Shut up.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/905309022730977280

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The self owns continue

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Matt comparing Daou to Charles Giteau is too good.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I love Hillary with all my soul, Glory Hallelujah! But the Bernie Bros have owned me for it, Glory Hallelujah!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The Verrit authentication codes come from a fundamental misunderstanding of what "fake news" actually is. In reality, fake news comes from obnoxious click bait ads from sites like "daily stuff", "clicksdaily", "worldation", or "factaday". The reason why they fool so many people is because they often advertise on actual local news sites, so if an old guy sees a headline saying "You won't believe what Donald Trump actually said!" when they're reading the news, they assume it's true because it's on a news site.

What the Daous believe is fake news is either sites that pretend to be real respected news outlets like the New Yorrk Times, the Washlngton Post or Voxx, or when people believe a Borowitz Report article is true. The Verrit codes are meant to prevent nefarious Russian propagandists or Bernie Bro pranksters from using the trusted Verrit brand to spread lies.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Exterminate the stoats & verrits.

-Brian Jacques

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/WindierMegatons/status/905262985093971968

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Halloween Jack posted:

Ellis is remarkably on Chapo's level; The Smiler was based on Bill Clinton.

It's the dope-smoking Singularity-preaching techno-futurism that hasn't aged well and kinda makes him look like a Silicon Valley liberal.

Yeah the blog so hard it changes the world thing feels incredibly antithetical to Chapo tho

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

Exterminate the stoats & verrits.

-Brian Jacques

Realizing Redwall was insanely reactionary and xenophobic was one of the saddest moments of my life

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Famethrowa posted:

Realizing Redwall was insanely reactionary and xenophobic was one of the saddest moments of my life

Lol this was one of the funniest things ever published on the front page.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

incoherent posted:

HIP HOP OPERATING SYSTEM

Love that this was felix's first thought about verrit

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol

https://twitter.com/shanley/status/905303335078592512

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Joementum posted:

Love that this was felix's first thought about verrit

the jokes are coming from inside the forum

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The darling gubernatorial candidate of Illinois progressives just blew his entire campaign because he opposes BDS. As if Israel has anything to do with the duties of a Governor.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

incoherent posted:

HIP HOP OPERATING SYSTEM

Felix posted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

That's some new level: give them a job to get them fired from.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah the blog so hard it changes the world thing feels incredibly antithetical to Chapo tho
Well what gives it force is that he doesn't just blog; he lives in a world where blogging-as-journalism is the norm, and he's the only one who does any investigative journalism or even gives challenging interviews.

What's antithetical to Chapo (especially at this precise moment) is probably the part where the president sabotages his investigation by toasting the servers where the true fact stated real news verification codes news archives are stored.

The major conceit of Spider's character isn't that he's Hunter S. Thompson, but that he's somehow combined being a newspaper columnist with being a rock star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!