Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Supposedly, the next civ will be a southeast asian one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

John F Bennett posted:

Supposedly, the next civ will be a southeast asian one.

New Zealand?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Eric the Mauve posted:

I too am offended that Firaxis chose to roll out civs that customers are more likely to buy instead of being Culturally Sensitive, and furthermore

Who is buying Australia that wouldn't also buy Zimbabwe or Khoisan or whatever the gently caress, come on.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Byzantine posted:

Might as well make a Florida civ, same level of civilization.

With their great leader Florida Man.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

With their great leader Florida Man.

If this isn't already a mod, it needs to be.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

If people want to make arguments about which civs belong in the game, then you have the entire civfanatics forums to jerk off in.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

If people want to make arguments about which civs belong in the game, then you have the entire civfanatics forums to jerk off in.

Nobody posts in there any more. Hell barely anyone posts on this thread either. Civ6 is mostly dead at the moment.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Taear posted:

Nobody posts in there any more. Hell barely anyone posts on this thread either. Civ6 is mostly dead at the moment.

Nah, there's still plenty of people who constantly remind everyone else how buggy and lovely it is.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

You people made me reinstall Civ IV and get Ashes of Erebus (the most current iteration of FfH2) and stay up until 2am. Still the best Civ (FfH not IV).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is canada a civ?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

Is canada a civ?
In FfH? There's a barbarian ice civ so yes. :canada:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Kurtofan posted:

Is canada a civ?

Canada is a city-state. Even lesser than Venice. For shame!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

Nah, there's still plenty of people who constantly remind everyone else how buggy and lovely it is.

They're doing God's work. It's all worth it if one innocent person is saved from paying money that could have gone to a good game or hookers or drugs for Civ VI.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where the hell is my expansion dlc announcement >:(

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Here's where Civ VI is at right now: the official scenarios are more fun to play than the base game itself, and I think that's really the first version of the series I can say that about.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Crazy Ted posted:

Here's where Civ VI is at right now: the official scenarios are more fun to play than the base game itself, and I think that's really the first version of the series I can say that about.

The FfH and the Ryse and Fall scenarios included in BTS were pretty good! :eng101:

gently caress I miss Fall from Heaven so bad, it's a travesty that the lead dev got sucked into Stardock.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Crazy Ted posted:

The ww2 and Soviet Bloc scenarios for civ 2 (latter was on one of those official scenario CDs) were fantastic.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Crazy Ted posted:

I do really respect what they've done with the multiplayer in 6, in isolation from the rest of the game. The AI isn't lobotomised like it was in 5, and you can play scenarios in multiplayer, unlike in 5. They did A Good Job with multiplayer in Civ 6.

Now, if only the game was fun enough for me to want to play it again

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fuligin posted:

The FfH and the Ryse and Fall scenarios included in BTS were pretty good! :eng101:

gently caress I miss Fall from Heaven so bad, it's a travesty that the lead dev got sucked into Stardock.

silvergoose posted:

The ww2 and Soviet Bloc scenarios for civ 2 (latter was on one of those official scenario CDs) were fantastic.
Those scenarios were fun to me, but they didn't pull me away from playing the base game itself. Lately, whenever I've started up Civ VI it's been to gently caress around in Outback Tycoon or the Viking scenario because regular Civ VI is still too scattershot on its own.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You guys know you can rename the civs however you want right?

we used to do this back in civ 2 before the hawaii civ was real

Eric the Mauve posted:

If this isn't already a mod, it needs to be.

ud: trailer park. +6 housing -1 amenity
uu: spice berserker / replaces mech inf. +50 strength -50 max hp. cannot form armies
ua: florida man. AI civs can never have a higher opinion of you than neutral. units that go below 0 hp reappear in your capital with 1 hp

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 6, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

It's funny that Poland has an ability that directly references Lithuania and the King is the King of Lithuania....but Vilnius is a city state.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Poland should have a Reverse UA: Neighboring civs can invade with no Warmonger penalty.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Crazy Ted posted:

Those scenarios were fun to me, but they didn't pull me away from playing the base game itself. Lately, whenever I've started up Civ VI it's been to gently caress around in Outback Tycoon or the Viking scenario because regular Civ VI is still too scattershot on its own.

I used the Civ 5 scenarios as something to do in the time between an official patch and how long it took the UI mods to catch up with that patch. I don't think that pattern would work for VI.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Poland should have a Reverse UA: Neighboring civs can invade with no Warmonger penalty.

Your cities can be bribed by other civs, if this happens you lose a turn.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I think the Mac patch just dropped.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Peas and Rice posted:

I think the Mac patch just dropped.

Confirmed.

Goon Summer Game is a going concern again. Finally. After 41 days.

gently caress you, Firaxis. :argh:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Aerdan posted:

Confirmed.

I just dropped out of all my other PYDT games a couple of days ago because I had given up. :smith: I'll PMDT ASAP.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'll take over for anyone if you guys need a space

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

Aerdan posted:

Confirmed.

Holy poo poo! I missed that game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hey linux/mac users. How are you enjoying that patch? :v:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Hey linux/mac users. How are you enjoying that patch? :v:

I don't know, I can't start a new game. :v:

(I get booted back to the main menu. I suppose I could try it with all mods disabled, but...seriously?)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I liked civ 5, is this game as bad as the last few pages I skimmed has lead me to believe?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Aerdan posted:

I don't know, I can't start a new game. :v:

(I get booted back to the main menu. I suppose I could try it with all mods disabled, but...seriously?)

Keep in mind that certain mods have to be completely unsubscribed from and also you have to delete their cache off your machine.

Seltzer posted:

I liked civ 5, is this game as bad as the last few pages I skimmed has lead me to believe?

Before the last patch, you'd like it for about the first 10 hours, and then you'll hate it.

With the new patch, you might like it for the first 1 hour because someone screeching about nuclear weapons in 2500 BC, or offering you deals that they refuse to accept, might make you more attune to other flaws.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 8, 2017

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Keep in mind that certain mods have to be completely unsubscribed from and also you have to delete their cache off your machine.

Before the last patch, you'd like it for about the first 10 hours, and then you'll hate it.

With the new patch, you might like it for the first 1 hour because someone screeching about nuclear weapons in 2500 BC, or offering you deals that they refuse to accept, might make you more attune to other flaws.

My favorite was Harold offering me a DoF every single turn for like 50 turns.

War sans End
Feb 3, 2006
enter text here

Dragonrah posted:

My favorite was Harold offering me a DoF every single turn for like 50 turns.

Sounds like the poor guy just needs a hug.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Seltzer posted:

If you liked Civ 5 before the first major expansion, you might like this.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I checked steam user statistics yesterday, there was a peak of about 29k people playing CIV5, and 19k playing CIV6, so I'd say it's not doing great.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Actually agonizing over my belief choices in Byzantium vs Venice.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I was never good at expanding in V so Venice was my clear favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
cmon, expansion is easy. you just gotta build settlers.

just, the kind of settler that looks like an archer :black101: