Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SlipkPIe posted:

Can you even imagine their response if they ever actually got persecuted in any real way, even once? I think it would sound similar to when I have to give my cat ear medicine

Ohhh long johnson. Ohhhh nyo nyo nyo nyo nyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Jesus message was actually "you are tiny gods, and so are you neighbors" but he had to be really careful saying it and it eventually got him nailed.

Evangelists just can't cope with this realization and prefer to believe there still is some big daddy which relieves them from any responsibility. They are spiritual infants.

Rejoice! In the world that is to come, we won't have the pathology of counter-Christlike behavior from declared Christians.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Do...do you want credit, President Re-Re?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Blast of Confetti posted:

the way some people talk about god it legit sounds like he's the lovely boyfriend in an abusive relationship but people keep coming back to him because they need him lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8oGFEojQg

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Penn State University: Sponsored by Donald Jumbrotron Trump

https://twitter.com/TheShlembear/status/905436753720483845

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

We should organize a Hurricane Beauty Pageant.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Ken Ham isn't verified on twitter, owned

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Zzulu posted:

Come to Sweden mates, we don't give a gently caress about god here

What about the reports from the guy who doesn't leave his apartment about fireworks and sinister looking teens, though?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing this administration has carefully eroded is my tolerance of religion.

I was raised as a Protestant and it was basically not a big deal. Church was fine, I liked my church community and taught Sunday school and bible study every week for years. I've personally read the Bible, cover to cover with my mother, like 8 times.

I stopped believing in God at 14 but kept up appearances for my mom, who was a church deacon and elder. She was 50 or so when she finally gave up the ghost and admitted she had lost her faith.

But now I'm almost 30 and I wake up every day reading about people acting like God sent Trump to save us from the great unwashed (BROWN!) masses and I'm just wondering: "What the mother gently caress bible are you reading?" Like everything, every single thing Trump does every day is the exact opposite of what God would want.

By literally every metric found within the King James Bible (the most common translation on Earth) Donald Trump is the guy who prepares the world for the Anti-Christ. He is literally a fat blonde greed demon and the millions of people who voted for him think it's getting them closer to heaven.

So LoL I guess at highlighting not only the stupidity of my country, but also that a first world nation steeped in scientific advancement is still steered by a horde of fearful septuagenarians who believe an invisible (yet somehow white) all powerful ghost man is floating in space, watching us blow each other up and cheat and lie and steal and just rubbing his hands together like some fiendish super criminal.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
He's getting people closer to heaven by bringing about armageddon where they, the "right" ones, will be saved.

Eschatology is one of the few unifying things across most Christian sects. Everyone else will die and they, the ones who read the Bible in the correct way, or go to the correct Church, or wear the correct underwear, will go to heaven while literally everyone else dies. Trump is just another conduit to that endgame, so it makes perfect sense for him to be praised like this by people who should really be loving their neighbours.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

One thing this administration has carefully eroded is my tolerance of religion.

I was raised as a Protestant and it was basically not a big deal. Church was fine, I liked my church community and taught Sunday school and bible study every week for years. I've personally read the Bible, cover to cover with my mother, like 8 times.

I stopped believing in God at 14 but kept up appearances for my mom, who was a church deacon and elder. She was 50 or so when she finally gave up the ghost and admitted she had lost her faith.

But now I'm almost 30 and I wake up every day reading about people acting like God sent Trump to save us from the great unwashed (BROWN!) masses and I'm just wondering: "What the mother gently caress bible are you reading?" Like everything, every single thing Trump does every day is the exact opposite of what God would want.

By literally every metric found within the King James Bible (the most common translation on Earth) Donald Trump is the guy who prepares the world for the Anti-Christ. He is literally a fat blonde greed demon and the millions of people who voted for him think it's getting them closer to heaven.

So LoL I guess at highlighting not only the stupidity of my country, but also that a first world nation steeped in scientific advancement is still steered by a horde of fearful septuagenarians who believe an invisible (yet somehow white) all powerful ghost man is floating in space, watching us blow each other up and cheat and lie and steal and just rubbing his hands together like some fiendish super criminal.

A country founded partly by fleeing religious extremists results in a (partly) regressive society?

I would never

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

religious extremists

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the "christian fundies are stupid" rabbit hole is literally bottomless and it's a giant waste of time to let yourself tumble down it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

At least they're teaching female reproductive biology.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian household that is now rabidly pro-Trump and it breaks my brain. I lost my faith many years ago but my father has called Trump's election a miracle. I cannot reconcile a political philosophy that embraces Trump with the message found in my father's bible. I've had trouble looking at him the same ever since.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

proof of concept posted:

the "christian fundies are stupid" rabbit hole is literally bottomless and it's a giant waste of time to let yourself tumble down it

Yeah but it's fun to laugh at retards

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"race war!"

it all makes sense when you frame it that way

dont unravel the thread, all you get is a fat naked white man

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
related Trump lol

quote:

[Trump], his wife, Melania, and two staffers took communion when it was passed. But Trump, momentarily confused, mistook the silver plates circulated around the auditorium and dug several bills out of his pocket. "I thought it was for offering," he said with a laugh to his staff. He contributed several minutes later when the offering plates were passed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the only way it'd be funnier is if he took money from the plate and everyone tripped over their rear end to defend it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Alan Smithee posted:

the only way it'd be funnier is if he took money from the plate and everyone tripped over their rear end to defend it

*drops a 5 and fishes out four singles*

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The gospel of Trump would be a hilarious read

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

related Trump lol

Deeply religious he is

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian household that is now rabidly pro-Trump and it breaks my brain. I lost my faith many years ago but my father has called Trump's election a miracle. I cannot reconcile a political philosophy that embraces Trump with the message found in my father's bible. I've had trouble looking at him the same ever since.

same

I'm 99% sure my parents voted for Trump because my dad proudly admits it and my mom refuses to discuss it w/ me

Bust Rodd posted:

Here's an article for you: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/05/donald-trump-why-do-evangelicals-support-him

the tl:dr is that evangelicals (now a minority group who celebrate their persecution!!) know that Trump is not 'one of them,' but they see him as useful for destroying gay marriage, women's rights, science & public education.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mike pence calls his wife "mother", what the gently caress

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he also fucks horses

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Plavski posted:

He's getting people closer to heaven by bringing about armageddon where they, the "right" ones, will be saved.

Eschatology is one of the few unifying things across most Christian sects. Everyone else will die and they, the ones who read the Bible in the correct way, or go to the correct Church, or wear the correct underwear, will go to heaven while literally everyone else dies. Trump is just another conduit to that endgame, so it makes perfect sense for him to be praised like this by people who should really be loving their neighbours.

This. Crazy people are hoping for the Apocalypse and the rapture and a fast pass to heaven.
:v: Which won't happen, because lol ya'll idiot crazy assholes.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

haljordan posted:

he also fucks horses

One of these things is weirder than the other and it's not the one involving horses.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

haljordan posted:

he's telling your children not to hold his hand, telling your children not to understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuK0f-Zur9A

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bloom posted:

One of these things is weirder than the other and it's not the one involving horses.

what's worse loving horses or your daughter

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

People joke about Trump winning in 2020 but I actually do wonder how the US comes back from this. The political system is basically a joke, and any institutional legitimacy is gone. Is political violence/a breakup of the US really beyond consideration? Not in the immediate term, but over the next few decades?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
maybe your daughter has a horse face? Best of both worlds.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sedge and Bee posted:

wonder how the US comes back from this.

lol

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

It's probably because he's stupid and votes 'R' regardless of whatever is behind that 'R'.

To him, voting republican means he's voting for everything he wanted out of a republican win, and just ignoring the stuff he didn't want because HE AIN'T NO DEMOCRAT.

My dad and I have talked about how much of a retard Donald is, but he still voted for him because "I AIN'T NO DEMOCRAT!"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Sedge and Bee posted:

I actually do wonder how the US comes back from this.

Honestly? Education.
Which is why America truly is hosed

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're dad is a retard

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/905445803392512000

quote:

The status of Trump's 11-bedroom gated compound on Plum Bay, which is on the market, was not immediately known. But officials with the French government, which controls the side of the island where his beachfront property is located, said the territory suffered serious damage.

A cluster of government buildings on the island was partially destroyed, and two-dozen government officials were forced to take shelter inside a concrete structure.

"We know that the four most solid buildings on the island have been destroyed, which means that more rustic structures have probably been completely or partially destroyed," French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb told AFP.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I wish my family were big Trump supporters so I'd have a legitimate excuse to never talk to them again.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bigly insurance payouts, Donald Trump is solvent for another day.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

you're dad is a retard

yes, a hate-filled one at that. it's just difficult seeing the man in that light. back before fox news stole him away from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sedge and Bee posted:

People joke about Trump winning in 2020 but I actually do wonder how the US comes back from this. The political system is basically a joke, and any institutional legitimacy is gone. Is political violence/a breakup of the US really beyond consideration? Not in the immediate term, but over the next few decades?

I take it you're too young to remember the bush years :allears: