Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Firstly this is awesome news

Secondly take my money

Thirdly I still think Wiz needs to look not directly into the camera. I know the off screen interviewer is a bit of a cliché, but it works.

So far Stellaris has made pretty awesome changes with each non-cosmetic DLC, so well done guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Kitchner posted:

Thirdly I still think Wiz needs to look not directly into the camera. I know the off screen interviewer is a bit of a cliché, but it works.

I think it's less about him looking directly into the camera, and more about goons not being able to look another human being in the eye without feeling intense anxiety getting some different lighting and maybe a slightly different camera angle. The videos have some pretty harsh shadows and glass glare, giving you that "creepy dude sitting in the glow of a monitor" look.

Anyway, thanks to the Paradox team for releasing this the month I have an extra paycheck coming in, so I do not feel as guilty about asking you to take my drat money.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Let's please maybe not have another round of "creepily commenting on Wiz's eyes" chat.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Taear posted:

Talking tech trees from earlier, I wish it was clearer what leads to flak. Mega-engineering is another one because I never ever research the space stations meaning I missed it in my first post-utopia game.

I think it's stormfire autocannons

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Let's please maybe not have another round of "creepily commenting on Wiz's eyes" chat.

Leave Oni-chan alone!

Edit: drat, $10 is a pretty good deal.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 6, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Aethernet posted:

Wiz has a poll on the next major priority for Stellaris development:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/905167053723770880

Bafflingly, diplomacy is winning. Go and vote if you think war is better than peace.

Did my duty voted body pillows :patriot:.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

But they're so dreamy!

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

GunnerJ posted:

It's just the look of someone who just saw how many people voted for 'body pillow'.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

But they're so dreamy!
If you gaze deep into them you can see all the stars in the void, but since you've taken your eyes off his hands they are now on your keyboard deleting your posts before you can make them.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Wolfechu posted:

It's just the look of someone who just saw how many people voted for 'body pillow'.

more like he knows that the body pillow is a scale model of himself

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Between this, Dangan Ronpa 3 and Dishonored September is an expensive month

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I spy an opportunity for easy savings.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Between this, Dangan Ronpa 3 and Dishonored September is an expensive month
Don't forget Cuphead!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Ofaloaf posted:

Don't forget Cuphead!

And Nier Automata is on sale until Sept 25. And Metroid: Samus Returns. The SNES Classic. This month is dumb.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

PittTheElder posted:

I spy an opportunity for easy savings.

Sorry im a dumb nerd who liked the previous ones so i'm gonna spend my money in a dumb-rear end way

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
body pillows are lovely and all that but the main reason I'm not playing this right now is that war fighting is tedious and fighting wars is the thing you're probably going to be spending most of your time doing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

uber_stoat posted:

body pillows are lovely and all that but the main reason I'm not playing this right now is that war fighting is tedious and fighting wars is the thing you're probably going to be spending most of your time doing.

If diplomacy was less boring you would be spending less time fighting wars, and space combat is made lightyears better with mods while diplomacy sure as poo poo isn't.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
imo warfare will always suck massive schlong while large single stacks are the answer

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

Synthetic dong :dong:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

particle9 posted:

Synthetic dong :dong:

mods???

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Aethernet posted:

Wiz has a poll on the next major priority for Stellaris development:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/905167053723770880

Bafflingly, diplomacy is winning. Go and vote if you think war is better than peace.

Well that's an image. bodypillow empire.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is this good yet? Sorry for such a poo poo question, what I mean is do people actually play games to the end now?

I've played it a couple times since release and basically empire creation was the high point (very, very cool) and early exploration was okay if samey and then everything rapidly went downhill.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm ready, also, that music is loving great.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

Is this good yet? Sorry for such a poo poo question, what I mean is do people actually play games to the end now?

I've played it a couple times since release and basically empire creation was the high point (very, very cool) and early exploration was okay if samey and then everything rapidly went downhill.

Edit: It's good and getting even better.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

WilliamAnderson posted:

And Nier Automata is on sale until Sept 25. And Metroid: Samus Returns. The SNES Classic. This month is dumb.
Nier is unfortunately still way too loving expensive in Canada. One day.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

teethgrinder posted:

Nier is unfortunately still way too loving expensive in Canada. One day.

Yeah, 35% off and still over $50 is a real kick in the teeth.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

So is 1.8 rolling in the multiplayer stuff being beta-ed in Bradbury/1.7? Or is that still being tested? I don't think I've heard anyone say one way or another.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

:golfclap:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Omniblivion posted:

imo warfare will always suck massive schlong while large single stacks are the answer

While in my opinion the game will be too annoying to play when you have to have loads of different fleets all with different stuff in them that you have to remember and move separately.

I wish Steam had the costs for Synthetic Dawn and other Paradox DLC up before they're actually released! It's £6.99 which isn't bad really. I thought they might just go for £10 since it's $10.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

New dev diary.

The takeaway is that psionics and machine uploading ascension will no longer be ethics locked, but will instead promote the relevant factions. Awakened empires will also start to collapse over time instead of having a stranglehold over the map, and you can make people cyborgs or upload them into synth bods as a passive living standards option.

I'm less excited about the fact that dyson spheres are a one-and-done deal, but on the whole this is good stuff.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Disappointed by the flash poll results. Guess xenophile will stay the ??? ethic for a while :sigh:

Anticheese posted:

New dev diary.

The takeaway is that psionics and machine uploading ascension will no longer be ethics locked, but will instead promote the relevant factions.
Yesss. I'm assuming this

quote:

We have also removed the Materialist-only restriction on AI Citizen Rights.
will do the same. Really looking forward to all of this.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Wiz also just added in a note that the megastructures perk also gives you the relevant tech for it. Which is a nice change.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

quote:

added an alert to tell you when the Shroud is ready for use

GOTY

Having easy access to Mega-Engineering means that megastructures are now practically an ascension path by themselves, and a unity-focused race that grab them all really quickly. An excellent buff to pacifist play.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

HiKaizer posted:

Wiz also just added in a note that the megastructures perk also gives you the relevant tech for it. Which is a nice change.

I like this one the most. Firstly because gently caress researching fortresses and stuff. Secondly because right now a megastructure comes in so late and takes so long that you might as well not bother, it's just a vanity thing.
I'm still yet to actually finish building one.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I don't really like the sound of decadence too much. It would make more sense to me for something like the AE falling into civil war (since the status quo has been so majorly disturbed there's bound to be different competitors within the empire that are willing to assert their position by force), and that FE-level tech becomes more accessible to the rest of the galaxy (since, with awakening and with decadence, their technology is no longer quite as a close-kept secret, and upstart civs could potentially go as far as to reverse engineer the unique resource buildings FEs get).

Straight up resource penalties and more rebellious subjects feel rather uninspired and arbitrary to me.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

Taear posted:

I like this one the most. Firstly because gently caress researching fortresses and stuff. Secondly because right now a megastructure comes in so late and takes so long that you might as well not bother, it's just a vanity thing.
I'm still yet to actually finish building one.

:agreed:
I was scratching my head over why Mega Engineering was the only perk that required a tech when the others granted it outright. So I'm glad they've sorted that

Also thank god dyson spheres gen more than 400 energy, that was pretty terrible. I'm not really that mad you are locked to only one of the things either, it makes it feel a bit more special and you need to consider more carefully where you place it

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
paradox stream showing Synthetic dawn right now. New voices seems fun

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Can you still build a Dyson Sphere, and then find a ruined one?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

YF-23 posted:

I don't really like the sound of decadence too much. It would make more sense to me for something like the AE falling into civil war (since the status quo has been so majorly disturbed there's bound to be different competitors within the empire that are willing to assert their position by force), and that FE-level tech becomes more accessible to the rest of the galaxy (since, with awakening and with decadence, their technology is no longer quite as a close-kept secret, and upstart civs could potentially go as far as to reverse engineer the unique resource buildings FEs get).

Straight up resource penalties and more rebellious subjects feel rather uninspired and arbitrary to me.

Kinda agree with this, although it's possible this kinda thing will be easy enough to mod so long as mods can check the decadence level. I'd also suggest that higher decadence could lead to ethic shifting in AEs, which would passively generate the basis for factions and civil war. (Although now I am not entirely sure that this doesn't already happen, I've never thought to check...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I cannot wait for this expansion. I hope in the future we get tools to make our own custom maps.

• Locked thread