Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Change your underwear inside your sleep sack. It's easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Well yeah but apparently I can't even change my shirt in front of women in the Army.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ahhhh, I remember being yelled at for calling someone a dick in front of a woman soldier, and then got yelled at again for asking how exactly that's sexual harassment.

It's what happens when males have no idea how to function around women.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Well yeah but apparently I can't even change my shirt in front of women in the Army.

lmao your unit is dumb. But hey I guess change your shirt in there too, problem solved.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Flip the script and set the tone for your warriors and scream MOLON LABE and WE ARE THE SPARTANS while making eye contact with the female guards and entering another man

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I spent my Sunday on a raft on the Illinois river, wearing a unkempt beard and a fake boat captain's hat, drinking lager and taking turns pushing my friends off the side.

gently caress the army

(Lifestyle sponsored by deployment funds)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

Flip the script and set the tone for your warriors and scream MOLON LABE and WE ARE THE SPARTANS while making eye contact with the female guards and entering another man

But the marine thread is over there.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I spent my Sunday on a raft on the Illinois river, wearing a unkempt beard and a fake boat captain's hat, drinking lager and taking turns pushing my friends off the side.

gently caress the army

(Lifestyle sponsored by deployment funds)

I spent my Sunday smoking weed, playing video games, cooking bomb food, and chilling with my dogs. Lifestyle sponsored by VA bennies. gently caress you if you're still in

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Don't need weapons guards if you don't bring weapons. Checkmate :smuggo:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

Our squad had one woman who didn't give a gently caress and we figured out not changing in front of each other for two whole weeks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Are the women afraid of seeing nipples?

#freethenipple

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Don't need weapons guards if you don't bring weapons. Checkmate :smuggo:

This is literally how I survived NTC. Can't get into a firefight if you're viewed as a Non-combatant because you don't have a weapon for the entire cycle. That and pro masks. Didn't have to lug those fuckers around either.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I walked outside and held my arms out and faced the sky like Andy in Shawshank every time we got "mortared" and when we got attacked or in any firefights I was playing hero trying to get shot so that I could go to the "infirmary" and hang out instead of doing JRTC bullshit.

Never died one loving time in three and a half weeks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

This guy gets it. "E4 that tailed contractors around on service jobs in a hungover haze, you know deep level unix networking and CCNP/CCIE level cisco poo poo, right? No? You just spent your whole time deployed and haven't touched anything worse than excel for 3+ years? But you have a clearance and will lie about your skillset and experience right? Here's a $200k+/year contract. Oh you're crazy too... Hmm well can you just stop smoking pot until after the piss test and tell the psych people everything is ok?" - My literal experience.

Federal IT at least within the intel community IS contractors, friend. Add that clearance and a deployed job site and we would have spit in your face at $90k. I had just started a family, gone crazy and started smoking pot when I got out though so that didn't work out for me but I'm just saying that as military IT people, we exclusively were hired out as contractors after ETS'ing. I received offers from CACI/Genesis and some other rando's when I got out for example. Years after my clearance has expired and I still get recruiters (contracting, not military obviously) contacting me occasionally.

Civilian agencies tend to have more technical federal IT staff on hand (I've been to a few that were almost entirely fed, which is surprising in this day and age). DoD does to an extent, but it's mostly contractors. JSOC and the IC are entirely contractors with a GS-14 overseeing them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

Are the women afraid of seeing nipples?

#freethenipple

She's married with two boys I think she's had enough crusty balls and sweaty noodle armed boys.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Supposedly if you die this rotation they have you fill sand bags before being revived to make it suck so that people don't try to die.

With how hot it is that's a huge dick move, especially for the people that are trying to do well out there.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My JRTC rotation involved us working in a SCIF that was notionally back in the states. So we slept in "Afghanistan" and walked to "US" to work every shift. We had a guard at the entrance ('cause SCIF) and everyone inside would just drop all their armor/ACHs and work without them. On day shift (I was nights), our FOB got overrun by OPFOR and they tried to storm the SCIF. It caused a scene and my PSG came out yelling at people, telling OPFOR they can't come in, etc. But he didn't have his helmet. So he died.

Another plus is that when we set up the SCIF, there was some big rear end artillery gun pointed right over our Trojan. They were planning on firing blanks (or whatever, I don't know artillery poo poo) but wound up having to take the gun down. In its place was an outline in white engineer tape to be a notional gun that had to be guarded and "fired."

Fun times!

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Mustang posted:

Supposedly if you die this rotation they have you fill sand bags before being revived to make it suck so that people don't try to die.

With how hot it is that's a huge dick move, especially for the people that are trying to do well out there.

This would be a unit thing; the NTC side doesn't give a gently caress what you do with your notionally dead, as long as they don't wind up at Starbucks.

Not my problem anymore, though. I'm gonna go look at my dd214 for a while, then go to the dog beach.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
God is there a single loving training exercise that isn't​ an exercise in stupidity?

Like training is supposed to challenge you and give you learning moments, but it always turns into a retard version of Simon Says, with guns.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Mustang posted:

That's dumb. Your unit is dumb. Do you guys not have females in the companies yet?

And at least you aren't light infantry in NTC. We went in May. Nights were freezing and when we did all our walking. Day was 100+, no shade and when we did security and slept. It was loving miserable and just a week long march march with some react to contact here and there. We were told to air assault with rucks (Watching us get into the Blackhawk and out was hilarious. They had to close the door so the rucks wouldn't spill out and when we landed, the crew chief had to get out and pull rucks off us because we were stuck. Apparently the entire company ran into the same issue.), so no one bought assault packs to save weight. I know that sounds dumb. But ounces=pounds. Especially when we had over 100lbs of bullshit to carry for the entire rotation. About a day or two into it, they realized no one could make it more than a day with our rucks so they put it on trucks. So only 10-15 people had their assault packs. But we couldn't fit anything like sleeping bags, cold weather gear or woobies cause we HAD to bring our full mopp bullshit.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 4, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress the army forever, gently caress you if you're still in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kaliber posted:

That's dumb. Your unit is dumb. Do you guys not have females in the companies yet?

And at least you aren't light infantry in NTC. We went in May. Nights were freezing and when we did all our walking. Day was 100+, no shade and when we did security and slept. It was loving miserable and just a week long march march with some react to contact here and there. We were told to air assault with rucks (Watching us get into the Blackhawk and out was hilarious. They had to close the door so the rucks wouldn't spill out and when we landed, the crew chief had to get out and pull rucks off us because we were stuck. Apparently the entire company ran into the same issue.), so no one bought assault packs to save weight. I know that sounds dumb. But ounces=pounds. Especially when we had over 100lbs of bullshit to carry for the entire rotation. About a day or two into it, they realized no one could make it more than a day with our rucks so they put it on trucks. So only 10-15 people had their assault packs. But we couldn't fit anything like sleeping bags, cold weather gear or woobies cause we HAD to bring our full mopp bullshit.

Just wanna say I'm not reading any of this because the army sucks and by association the longer a post in this thread is the more it sucks by default

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Just wanna say I'm not reading any of this because the army sucks and by association the longer a post in this thread is the more it sucks by default

It's a Kaliber post so if you crushed it up and snorted it you'd be living on-post with your contract wife who camwhores on the side and her three kids who you escape primarily by driving your retardedly expensive motorcycle around while drunk before you know it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i smoke joints rolled off of paper with kaliber posts on it

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

God is there a single loving training exercise that isn't​ an exercise in stupidity?

Like training is supposed to challenge you and give you learning moments, but it always turns into a retard version of Simon Says, with guns.

Tell that to 1/25 SBCT whose learning moment was to do a weapons check in the direction of a town that you are about to enter to help evacuate residents.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

Tell that to 1/25 SBCT whose learning moment was to do a weapons check in the direction of a town that you are about to enter to help evacuate residents.

Wait was this Afghan 2011? Because this sounds like stories from out in the town of Qalat :staredog:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress Qalat. Who puts a main route right through the tightest part of that town? I don't mean Highway 1, but the road entering the city from the south which forces you through a choke point with a two story concrete wall on one side and a wheel-swallowing drainage ditch on the other. The Stryker's RPG cage would be an inch off the wall while its opposite wheel track would be right on the edge of that ditch.

The only route in that area with a higher pucker factor was one that had a section with a steep side slope on loose dirt and a very high number of IEDs, and which was also within line of sight of an ANP station (you can do that math on that one).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

Smart money says this was A Co 1-5, if it was the 2011-2012 deployment.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

NTC rotation. Not Afghanistan but I wouldn't put it past them. Maybe they we're so bad in NTC that the Army was like "hahaha no idiot"

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I'm at Ntc again after leaving here 40 days ago from another rotation lmao

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Ashmole posted:

I'm at Ntc again after leaving here 40 days ago from another rotation lmao

Welcome to hell!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Aren't you also a 19A? You here as an OC?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Mustang posted:

Aren't you also a 19A? You here as an OC?

Dang, you got a good memory. I haven't posted in a few years. We did a R and S rotation and now I'm here for LTP getting ready for the next one.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought you were getting out during the mass Exodus of YG11?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
There are a few of us poor schmucks from YG11 still left. Just biding time.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

psydude posted:

I thought you were getting out during the mass Exodus of YG11?

I'm YG12 because of how my BOLC date worked out but definitely thought about it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
YG69 says gently caress u if ur still in

(I don't know what YG is)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Year Group I'm pretty sure

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

YG420666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Triggs posted:

There are a few of us poor schmucks from YG11 still left. Just biding time.

I wonder what YG spacetoaster is. He's definitely the highest YG army person in who posts in here. Unless one of you is some old fogie who's been out forever and ever but still posts.

Congrats on your 6 yrs of service raise.