Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RVProfootballer posted:

He had an ADP of ~270 last year, WR#70 something, per MFL, and finished as WR#30ish. In 2015, he was ADP ~120ish, WR#40ish, and finished as WR#35ish. I don't know when you drafted him or what you expected, but he's been better than ADP the last couple years and is primed for an even bigger year. Someone repost that list of career receptions for 49ers players!

Terrance West is a starting NFL RB who was competent last year, and whose competition is suspended 4 games to start this year and didn't do particularly well last year anyway. What are you doing??

I want to say 2012 was one of them so yeah it's been awhile but I'm bitter ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DC Murderverse posted:

Who do I drop for my Defense and Kicker?

Stefon Diggs
Frank Gore
Hunter Henry
Corey Coleman
Derek Carr
John Brown
Matt Forte

My gut is telling me Forte and Carr, because I think Brown and Coleman are both primed for big seasons, but I worry that if I drop Carr I wouldn't be able to get as good a QB for when my Bye Week (week 6, so early) comes.

Is there anyone hurting for a QB? I'm reluctant to drop a QB like Carr when someone else will just scoop him up. While I would not have drafted two QBs, I feel like the drops here are Brown and Forte.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guy I'm playing week 1 has Zeke of course

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

My IDP starting spots are:

DB: Landon Collins
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Jerrell Freeman
DL: Melvin Ingram

Can't drop Kwon.

Sure you can.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Also do I replace Jarvis Landry with Stefon Diggs, Legarrette Blount, Rishard Matthews or Kevin White.

I'm leaning Diggs rn but Blount also seems like a good option.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Isn't there a start/sit thread?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

Terrance West is a starting NFL RB who was competent last year, and whose competition is suspended 4 games to start this year and didn't do particularly well last year anyway. What are you doing??

89 is starting his crazy fantasy season early.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

RVProfootballer posted:

If he doesn't make 10 roster transactions a week he explodes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Anyone have any insight on D'Onta Foreman? I liked this kid coming out of college but haven't heard jack. I figure he's probably a better gamble than Danny Amendola who I accidentally bought for a dollar.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Anyone have any insight on D'Onta Foreman? I liked this kid coming out of college but haven't heard jack. I figure he's probably a better gamble than Danny Amendola who I accidentally bought for a dollar.

No redraft value yet. Him n blue are expected to suit up week 1 and spell Miller.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also do I replace Jarvis Landry with Stefon Diggs, Legarrette Blount, Rishard Matthews or Kevin White.

I'm leaning Diggs rn but Blount also seems like a good option.

There is a sit start thread. And you probably should've been starting Diggs over Landry even if Miami played.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Here's a thread btw
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832874&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
No prob!

Does anyone think Beathard takes over for Hoyer by mid-season?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I didn't account for a hurricane on the Beersheets, y'all.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

He had an ADP of ~270 last year, WR#70 something, per MFL, and finished as WR#30ish. In 2015, he was ADP ~120ish, WR#40ish, and finished as WR#35ish. I don't know when you drafted him or what you expected, but he's been better than ADP the last couple years and is primed for an even bigger year. Someone repost that list of career receptions for 49ers players!

If you didn't see it, Kenneth Dixon is out for the season on Injured Reserve. So even more reason to have held onto West.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm really confused because I just read two articles saying Diggs produced more last year than Jarvis Landry and Landry has more catches, yards, and touchdowns in his stats.

Is Diggs taking end arounds or punts or something?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, my starting RBs are LeSean McCoy and Todd Gurley

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrSargent posted:

Yep, I found this out pretty quickly. I could NEVER get above a C+ if I didn't draft a backup QB.

I got an A and A+ on two teams, neither of which have backup QBs.

The grading is dumb (my auto-drafted team got the lowest grade) but it isn't entirely dependent on a backup.

On the one team with a backup QB I have Big Ben and Phil Rivers, I want to try to trade one of them but I have no idea what they're worth.

Shudie
Sep 6, 2017
One of my friends last year was trying to engineer a one week trade in my main league. There was an argument over if it was collusion or not and our commissioner just made a new rule making it illegal. Because of the Miami/Tampa game being pushed back him and another person were discussing it again, and our commissioner shot it down so it's not a problem but my friend is very adamant it isn't collusion so I'm wonder what other people think.

It seems to me to be clearly collusion, you aren't assuming the risk of a typical trade if you are sure to get your player back. Also you might as well share a bench with this person and pick and choose who will be the best starts for both of you. Even if it's not collusion, or allowed in the rules it's a huge pain in the rear end to look at everyone's team each week and figure out who you can work a deal with it.

I will say it's a bit more grey than most collusion examples, if any of you have a very clear explanation of how it's collusion and not a just a rule preference I'd appreciate it so I could explain better to my friend why I'm against it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

coronaball posted:

I think you can do this on NFL.com too. That's what I'm planning to do, evaluate Burkhead on Thurs and then decide who to drop for a kicker. If not, it looks like I'm going kicker-free for Week 1!

Who is your starting QB?

Russell Wilson.

I've definitely dropped Forte to pick up a Defense, I'll see if I can't swap Carr for something.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

pubic works project posted:

89 is starting his crazy fantasy season early.

Swear this dude needs his own thread to talk to himself about his crazy fantasy trade machinations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Can we talk team names?

This year I'm rocking "A sweaty KHunt" and "Bangs his Cousins"

Second one is def weaker

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

He was a good college RB cus he was big and quick but man is that guy bad at breaking any form of contact. Also can't pass block even with his size so I can see him riding the bench this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Shudie posted:

One of my friends last year was trying to engineer a one week trade in my main league. There was an argument over if it was collusion or not and our commissioner just made a new rule making it illegal. Because of the Miami/Tampa game being pushed back him and another person were discussing it again, and our commissioner shot it down so it's not a problem but my friend is very adamant it isn't collusion so I'm wonder what other people think.

It seems to me to be clearly collusion, you aren't assuming the risk of a typical trade if you are sure to get your player back. Also you might as well share a bench with this person and pick and choose who will be the best starts for both of you. Even if it's not collusion, or allowed in the rules it's a huge pain in the rear end to look at everyone's team each week and figure out who you can work a deal with it.

I will say it's a bit more grey than most collusion examples, if any of you have a very clear explanation of how it's collusion and not a just a rule preference I'd appreciate it so I could explain better to my friend why I'm against it.

In the league i commission i'd defo shut down any rental agreement trades.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can we talk team names?

Second one is def weaker

Theo Riddick & Wil Lutz = RiddickuLutz!

Shoot me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not clever to come up with a name so my team this year is just AL DAVIS with a picture of his old rear end face

Last year it was JOHN MADDEN using quite the rotund angle

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can we talk team names?

Second one is def weaker

I've got:
Leveon'd by the Bell
Michael Thomas the Tank Engine
YoungHoe Vewy Koo
Thielen on a YoungHoe
Tate's Golden Ale Showers (beer themed league)

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 6, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I still think It Ertz when Eifert was the best goon created one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Andy Reid's Mustache" with a closeup photo of Andy Reid's Mustache.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Shudie posted:

"Collusion" describes any situation where two parties are nominally adversarial (or have the appearance of being adversarial) while the two parties are actually cooperative. It is important for collusion to be against the rules in any instance where a system requires parties to be adversarial (e.g. markets, to prevent monopolistic manipulations), and especially important for collusion to be against the rules in adversarial games where cooperation can yield an unfair advantage over other players (e.g. "I'll give you x y z if we split the winnings at the end"). Fantasy football is such an instance.

Player rentals are collusion because the two parties are cooperative in a game where they need to be adversarial.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's 100% collusion in any possible aspect you can approach it from. There's no "gray area" about it. It's the definition of collusion.

If you play in a league where anyone doesn't understand that, find a new league.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fantasy football is about loving everyone over as hard as possible. That is threaded through all the rules.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Alfalfa posted:

I've got:
Leveon'd by the Bell
Michael Thomas the Tank Engine
YoungHoe Vewy Koo
Thielen on a YoungHoe
Tate's Golden Ale Showers (beer themed league)

I got Arya Ready for this? For my Got themed league.

Smokin Jay Cutler in my main league (RIP)

And Tony Dungy's Vinegar Strokes in the keepers creepers league.

With this as my avatar:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

One of my teams is Tyrionasaurus Rex and the other is Taco Corp.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I went with The Cleveland Bronns this year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

It's 100% collusion in any possible aspect you can approach it from. There's no "gray area" about it. It's the definition of collusion.

If you play in a league where anyone doesn't understand that, find a new league.

It's only collusion if you give him back though :)

I'd take the QB then say sorry man I'm not big on collusion but thanks for the help.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

It's only collusion if you give him back though :)

I'd take the QB then say sorry man I'm not big on collusion but thanks for the help.

This is actually a good idea, and what you should do to anyone asking for those types of under the table deals.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
QB: Rivers
RB: Howard, Coleman, Mixon, Breida
TE: Doyle, Clay
WR: M.Thomas, A.Jeffrey, Thelien, Hogan, R.Anderson, Stills, K.Wright

14 team league, 1ppr. Tell me how masterfully I've failed.

(I was sick as a dog that day and absolutely forgot about the draft. My buddy called me 30 mins in like, "wtf you at?" Most my offense was auto drafted, except for Hogan, Stills, Wright, Thelien, and Anderson. My IDP defense is equally garbage. )

Edit: 14 team league, not 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Congratulations you're going to soundly beat me in the Finals after I put up by far the most points over the season.

• Locked thread