Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

pocket pool posted:

Ah, a platform of spite - you should be proud.

These folks very obviously only get pleasure from loving other people over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

whaley posted:

These folks very obviously only get pleasure from loving other people over

The only reason he didn't pay child support.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

whaley posted:

rush limbaugh is a huge piece of poo poo but i can manage to tolerate him for longer than most for some bizarre reason

I'm the opposite, I can't stand that lovely high pitched voice Rush does when he's making fun of something, but I'd still rather listen to Rush than Hannity.

Of the big three (Beck, Rush, Hannity) I can tolerate Beck the most because he occasionally can have a decent opinion (even if it's for the wrong reasons) and he's got a couple of other guys on his show to bounce things off of, and occasionally it can turn into just them joking around with each other.

Radish posted:

Walsh is probably my most hated. He smugly hides behind his the omnipresent image of his religion he wraps himself around in every aspect of his being but actually barely follows the tenants of to make racist arguments.

I think I might agree. Few things pissed me off more than Walsh being anti-Trump purely because Trump wasn't paying enough lip service to Jesus, despite the fact that Trump was everything Walsh wanted in a candidate. Not that the anti-Trump sentiment lasted long after the election, of course.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trey Marker and Pat Stone have ruined the political consciences of a significant chunk of my generation by -- oh, someone got to them already. Then are we allowed to pick Rupert Murdoch? If so then I feel he's the obvious choice, and if not then Ailes, and if not Ailes then Rush/O'Reilly/assorted long-established pricks who've had decades to degrade the USA's ability to think. The new people, Walsh and whoever, are just opportunists taking advantage of our infantilized discourse.

No for real, infantile. Look at this little baby. It's like if a bumper sticker was a human being.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That sort of reflexive anti-Obama glee is why Obama should have said "You know what I loved the most in the world? Breathing oxygen" just to see how those kinds of people would react.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

toanoradian posted:

That sort of reflexive anti-Obama glee is why Obama should have said "You know what I loved the most in the world? Breathing oxygen" just to see how those kinds of people would react.

They'd just pass out and start breathing again, you gotta go with "Hey, everyone should not drink bleach"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Iron Crowned posted:

They'd just pass out and start breathing again, you gotta go with "Hey, everyone should not drink bleach"

That's not hosed up enough. You gotta go with "don't mix bleach and ammonia!"

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Crowder has to be the most obnoxious RWM figure for me, just because he tries to be a comedian. I can listen to most right wing propagandists just fine for some reason, like Levin or Rush or Savage, or even Hannity in small doses.

Crowder spewing right wing bullshit while trying to be wacky and funny at the same time is just so stupid that I can't even stand to listen to him for more than 2 seconds. I suppose he would love that though, and would be happy to know how much he triggers the filthy libs.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

whaley posted:

rush limbaugh is a huge piece of poo poo but i can manage to tolerate him for longer than most for some bizarre reason

Same, but I always figured it was because his rants go on for less time before he has to sell me on chocolate strawberries, mattresses or tax fraud. He also meanders a lot so its easy to expend some of that anger into being bewildered by his abrupt segues. If you put Rush in the same TV format as a Humanity where he has to focus on one topic for over ten minutes it would be a race between us punching the TV and him saying something overtly racist and being rushed off the air. (Yes I know he already lost this race before)

I refuse to stack rank RWM poo poo heads, once you hit that lovely threshold the degree is meaningless.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Kenzie posted:

Crowder has to be the most obnoxious RWM figure for me, just because he tries to be a comedian. I can listen to most right wing propagandists just fine for some reason, like Levin or Rush or Savage, or even Hannity in small doses.

Crowder spewing right wing bullshit while trying to be wacky and funny at the same time is just so stupid that I can't even stand to listen to him for more than 2 seconds. I suppose he would love that though, and would be happy to know how much he triggers the filthy libs.

Watch the clip of him getting slugged by a union member :).

Ragnar34 posted:

Trey Marker and Pat Stone have ruined the political consciences of a significant chunk of my generation by -- oh, someone got to them already. Then are we allowed to pick Rupert Murdoch? If so then I feel he's the obvious choice, and if not then Ailes, and if not Ailes then Rush/O'Reilly/assorted long-established pricks who've had decades to degrade the USA's ability to think. The new people, Walsh and whoever, are just opportunists taking advantage of our infantilized discourse.

No for real, infantile. Look at this little baby. It's like if a bumper sticker was a human being.

If we get to consider the financial support people everyone gets bumped down 3 and the murdochs, the cock brothers and the heritage foundation gets added.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

What a loving child.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I know he's not the worst when it comes to actual influence and impact, but my most-hated RWM figure has always been Todd Starnes. He appeals to the very worst of the Republican base, from his trumpeting of the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, to his breathless reports of "Christian persecution", which are never retracted even when they're almost always proven false.

Plenty of conservative pundits do poo poo like that, yeah, but there's just something about how Starnes does it that gets under my skin. He has such an affected "Well shucks, I'm just a home-town country boy, and here's what I think" manner about him, despite looking like he's never even developed a mild tan. Dude would probably faint if required to do an actual morning's worth of farm chores. Despite this, his radio commentaries and columns are him essentially roleplaying as a Dukes of Hazzard character, couching regressive talking points, handed straight down from Fox News higher-ups, in a "Now I ain't no city slicker, so I don't get why these libruls got their saddles in a twists" veneer. It's the most blatant pandering bullshit. At least the Duck Dynasty guys had the excuse of being on reality TV.

Remember his first book, "They Popped My Hood and Found Gravy on the Dipstick"?

gently caress you, Todd Starnes.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
That book exerpt made me want to perform surgery with a 2x4. If given the choice between reading that book or masturbating with sand paper i'd start negotiating the grit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I didn't think that getting twerked on would be a bad thing, but what do I know?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I read that book excerpt in the voice of the chicken lawyer from Futurama.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/905438810149974016
:jerkbag:

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/905466860589772800

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ah good, the guy who refused to pay child support is lecturing about morals and self reliance

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

boner confessor posted:

ah good, the guy who refused to pay child support is lecturing about morals and self reliance

Well he's teaching his offspring to not rely on him! Voila! Self reliance.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I know he's not the worst when it comes to actual influence and impact, but my most-hated RWM figure has always been Todd Starnes. He appeals to the very worst of the Republican base, from his trumpeting of the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, to his breathless reports of "Christian persecution", which are never retracted even when they're almost always proven false.

Plenty of conservative pundits do poo poo like that, yeah, but there's just something about how Starnes does it that gets under my skin. He has such an affected "Well shucks, I'm just a home-town country boy, and here's what I think" manner about him, despite looking like he's never even developed a mild tan. Dude would probably faint if required to do an actual morning's worth of farm chores. Despite this, his radio commentaries and columns are him essentially roleplaying as a Dukes of Hazzard character, couching regressive talking points, handed straight down from Fox News higher-ups, in a "Now I ain't no city slicker, so I don't get why these libruls got their saddles in a twists" veneer. It's the most blatant pandering bullshit. At least the Duck Dynasty guys had the excuse of being on reality TV.

Remember his first book, "They Popped My Hood and Found Gravy on the Dipstick"?

The best anecdote from this guy was an entire column about how his doctor told him to stop eating high-fat foods or else he'd die, but screw that liberal elite doctor, Todd's a good old boy who is gonna eat whatever down-home food he wants.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

The best anecdote from this guy was an entire column about how his doctor told him to stop eating high-fat foods or else he'd die, but screw that liberal elite doctor, Todd's a good old boy who is gonna eat whatever down-home food he wants.

My favorite Todd Starnes Moment was when he was asked to give a speech at an Evangelical conference, and he just went off the loving rails, calling upon God to "SEND THE LOCUSTS! CLEAR THE FIELD!" several times in a row.

He wasn't invited back.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

My favorite Todd Starnes Moment was when he was asked to give a speech at an Evangelical conference, and he just went off the loving rails, calling upon God to "SEND THE LOCUSTS! CLEAR THE FIELD!" several times in a row.

He wasn't invited back.

What?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hahahaha

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jurgan posted:

he's so bad even children's shows called him out

The not-Donnie on Sesame Street?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Unmentioned as a byproduct of the pervasive influence of RWM has been their reclamation of the term "FAKE NEWS", which started out as a description of all the bullshit stories coming from right wing websites. Somehow, they've convinced half the populace that it applies to CNN and the NYT and has become a really convenient way to dismiss "news I do not like".

I'm not sure if they're good at this poo poo or just incredibly coordinated and on message but their ability to frame the national discourse bugs me probably more than anything they do.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didn't Todd Starnes also admit he hosed an animal?

What a morally inept gently caress.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHifVCh5U8

"When the public schools tell students that the Founding Fathers were a bunch of terrorists, SEND THE HORNETS, Lord, clear the field! When a teacher tells a little boy he can't pray over his meal, SEND THE HORNETS, Lord, clear the field! When the Pentagon tells 'em to take down a cross on a Christian chapel, SEND THOSE HORNETS, clear the field! When the Supreme Court says that they know better than God, SEND THE HORNETS, LORD, CLEAR THE FIELD! And when the President says that America is no longer JUST a Christian nation, don't send the hornets, Lord, send the mosquitoes, and the gnats, and the bumblebees, and the lightning bugs, and the cicadas, SEND EVERY CRITTER YA GOT, LORD, CLEAR THE FIELD! I had some Red Bull on my Froot Loops this morning, y'all!"

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Remember when reading that passage Todd Starnes was born in 1967 and all this 50's, hell some of it is 30's nostalgia is utter bullshit.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This guy is the embodiment of those facebook posts your grandma shares of some weird contraption from a bygone era where you ":airquote:LIKE:airquote: if you remember this, :airquote:SHARE:airquote: if you used one!"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Deptfordx posted:

Remember when reading that passage Todd Starnes was born in 1967 and all this 50's, hell some of it is 30's nostalgia is utter bullshit.

for all we know todd starnes is the exact kind of nerd who was trying to organize high school barn dances in the eighties

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
There's also the fact that he's going on about this fantasy of schools not allowing individual Christian students to pray at school. That's never been true.

The court cases they're referring to are from the early 60's and were about the administrators forcing all the students to pray a specific prayer to a specific religion. But that doesn't ever seem to get mentioned for some reason.

i assumed you guys would know that part already, but it's always worth pointing out.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

for all we know todd starnes is the exact kind of nerd who was trying to organize high school barn dances in the eighties

He'd have been more likely to get a girl pregnant back in the 1920s or '30s, I guess?

Shame that he got all neurotic and fixated instead of working out his frustration in therapy or something.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is Todd Starnes the guy where someone said he's got the face of someone who pays women to spank him? Not to kinkshame, like if that's his thing then it's the only non-objectionable thing about him. But there's something about is pasty round face, like an Uncrustable, and his thin floppy hair and the way his glasses distort his eyes.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sweart gliwere posted:

He'd have been more likely to get a girl pregnant back in the 1920s or '30s, I guess?

Shame that he got all neurotic and fixated instead of working out his frustration in therapy or something.

definitely not, the only rural schlubs who were getting laid back then owned cars (seriously vehicle ownership was a minor sexual revolution) and he probably would have thought of them as the devil's carriages in favor of his old trusty mule carriage

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
People still had cousins 100 years ago, don't be presumptuous.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sweart gliwere posted:

People still had cousins 100 years ago, don't be presumptuous.

this guy is definitely not the pick of the cousin litter in any decade

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

sweart gliwere posted:

Shame that he got all neurotic and fixated instead of working out

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Star Man posted:

There's your hint.

I was just trying to think through the causality there. "What if Pearl Harbor never was attacked?" isn't an alternate history scenario I've seen explored.

toanoradian posted:

In fact, that actually happened. Obama talked a lot about green energy and reducing pollution to protect people's health. Conservatives' response?

"Rolling Coal."

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 6, 2017

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Kenzie posted:

The thing I hate most about Crowder is that stupid loving face he makes in every single picture of him. It's ersatz wackiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Or maybe they look at assholes like you and your friends and figure "Wow if being that big of a shithead is what Christianity is about then count me out."