Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

an actual dog posted:

Dogs are good dogs and cats are good dogs we are all good dogs

His sources check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

vermin posted:

What's the prevailing opinion on birds?

Birds are cool but I couldn't live with one as a pet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vermin posted:

3 people in my family had parrots and were individually like thank god the burds finally dead after like 20 years of squawkin. They are too social with their groups in the wild to be with anybody but the most dedicated shut in bird nerd who will give them the enrichment they need to be chill

Lesser birds are pretty cool though but like put a feeder outside your window and skip the responsibility.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Birds retroactively make dinosaurs less cool and I don't know that I can forgive them for that.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

vermin posted:

Birds.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

.....are very silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fu-Xmq0DHE

and also very capable fighters!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Birds yell too much and make messes. They're better left in their natural habitat. I don't understand bird people.

The real question is what is up with spider/scorpion people?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My cat yells all the time and makes messes, is it a bird?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What are birds? We just don't know.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For a long period of time I worked pushing carts at Wal-Mart, and one time I saw a bunch of birds gathered around an open tin of cheese dip someone just left in the parking lot.

Birds are good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

Birds yell too much and make messes. They're better left in their natural habitat. I don't understand bird people.

The real question is what is up with spider/scorpion people?

I got corn snakes and i imagine they are similar cactus tier pets that live on the shelf and require attention twice a month? Dont really know though

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

tap my mountain posted:

My cat yells all the time and makes messes, is it a bird?

cats is furry birds that just don't know.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Birds would be cool pets if you could train them to fly at random people, peck at them a few times, and then have them return to your shoulder before whoever you've decided to gently caress with on that day can swat at them.

You would be unstoppable.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Raxivace posted:

Birds would be cool pets if you could train them to fly at random people, peck at them a few times, and then have them return to your shoulder before whoever you've decided to gently caress with on that day can swat at them.

You would be unstoppable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pets are p cool

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Pets are p cool
I'm more into petz

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Simon Blackquill was a visionary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Birds are assholes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
in the end we really were the super mario brothers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad i got impatient and bought dead cells because this game is loving sick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I'm more into petz

Good choice

Corn in the bible better get his rear end in here and post one of the videos he recorded of that game so there's more to go off of than just the lovely GIS screenshots

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

haveblue posted:

What are birds? We just don't know.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the sequel to chivalry bombed so badly they're giving it away for free now, yikes
http://store.steampowered.com/app/368420/Mirage_Arcane_Warfare/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

For a long period of time I worked pushing carts at Wal-Mart, and one time I saw a bunch of birds gathered around an open tin of cheese dip someone just left in the parking lot.

Birds are good.

Cheese dip would be a good bird name.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

homeless snail posted:

the sequel to chivalry bombed so badly they're giving it away for free now, yikes

I try to follow new releases and I had no idea that game even existed before today.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Cats are the Dark Souls of pets.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

homeless snail posted:

Ouch. It looked fun but I saw this coming, too niche.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Birds retroactively make dinosaurs less cool and I don't know that I can forgive them for that.

"less cool"?

LESS COOL ?!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

doingitwrong posted:

"less cool"?

LESS COOL ?!

Yes, less cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Having a bird as a pet seems extremely stupid because it's a bird and now you stuck it in a cage and like even the Diablo 2 Barbarian said that no one should ever be caged.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Cats are the Dark Souls of pets.

No, that's definitely fish.

YOU DIED

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Dinosaurs and birds are good, imo. It's neat to see a bird hopping around looking for seeds and realise that you would have seen the same behaviour from a very similar animal if you went 200 million years back in time. It makes the past seem more like a real place to me.

Speaking of Petz, there was a recent article about how it was made by one of the developers of Night Trap. He was so upset about the media circus around how Night Trap was gonna corrupt the youth of America that he made the most inoffensive, happy game possible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

Good choice

Corn in the bible better get his rear end in here and post one of the videos he recorded of that game so there's more to go off of than just the lovely GIS screenshots

loving fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1VLaYUxyQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want ubisoft to rerelease Hype: The Time Quest on steam

You want overlooked gems, you check out Hype: The Time Quest.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

I just want ubisoft to rerelease Hype: The Time Quest on steam

You want overlooked gems, you check out Hype: The Time Quest.
I played this as a child, it was surprisingly good, I think? I'm not sure I really had the faculties to make proper judgements at that age. Never beat it though, because at one point you go through a dark sewer/dungeon(?) area and my graphics driver didn't seem to display the area properly which made it basically unplayable.

gently caress those loving beehives.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Basically, ubisoft had the rights to make two playmobile games, a "boy" game and a "girl" game.

The girl game ended up being an adventure game based around performing tasks around your town in order to make your neighbors and family happy, because happiness is good and let's all just get along. It was cute. It was called Laura's Happy Adventures.

Hype: The Time Quest was the boy game, being about a knight who has been cast back in time 200 years and you end up having to perform tasks to obtain a gem to let you travel 50 years into the future so that you can reach the next era. You travel back and forth between the various times you unlock and the different groups end up fighting or joining up and new areas open and old areas close and places change as you jump forward through time and all you're trying to do is get back to the present so that you can defeat the black knight, save the king, and marry your fiancee.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Red Bones posted:

Dinosaurs and birds are good, imo. It's neat to see a bird hopping around looking for seeds and realise that you would have seen the same behaviour from a very similar animal if you went 200 million years back in time. It makes the past seem more like a real place to me.

Ahhh I came here to post this! As James Hutton, the father of modern Geology, put it in the principle of Uniformitarianism, "the present is the key to the past."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want that "It's a Parody!" seal to be as ubiquitous as "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series"

• Locked thread