Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
It's called the micro-aggression, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

...you guys know about jumping from roof to roof in georgie and jumping off the front to the top of the first floor without taking damage right?
Yeah. Basically you should avoid apartment buildings without roof access.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sometimes I wonder how loving dumb it must look to a player passing by when I fail to crouch jump through a window 40 times in a row.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

There is one town in this game and it is Pochinki. All else is but a cobblestone on the burning path to the Holy City.

What about the warehouse north of Pochinki church? I accidentally dropped short of Pochinki my last solo match last night. That warehouse had 2 416es, 180 rounds of 5.56, a helmet, a vest, and a couple accessories for the 416. Was that just good luck, or do those warehouses tend to have good loot? If that's normal it seems like a good place for a duo drop. Safer initial looting, then you can push from the north.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Warehouses always seem bad to me - too few loot spawns for how much walking you do.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

VulgarandStupid posted:

I already had a good mic, so I just bought a pair of Sennheisers 558. If you don't need the mic built in, don't buy a gaming headset. Just buy headphones.

Headphones + Modmic is the way to go, turn anything into a headset for like $50.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

cosmicjim posted:

A lot of people die in the blue because people get locked into battles of mutually assured deaths as the circle is coming in.

Killed someone while running inside the blue yesterday, it was first circle and i looted the hell out of his corpse and i still survived, totally worth :grin:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

...you guys know about jumping from roof to roof in georgie and jumping off the front to the top of the first floor without taking damage right?

Wait, you can go roof to roof?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tres Burritos posted:

My new favorite way to play this game is to join squad matches solo and then just try to play spoiler for at least one squad.

I love doing this. I wiped out a squad last night in the pool house with an uzi and an m16. Granted I was killed two minutes later but it's a great feeling.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Jiro posted:

I love doing this. I wiped out a squad last night in the pool house with an uzi and an m16. Granted I was killed two minutes later but it's a great feeling.

Yeah that is 100% my poo poo.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

slap me and kiss me posted:

Wait, you can go roof to roof?

In georgopol at the six white apartments you can jump from roof to roof. Its really really fun to land near someone, jump a roof or two over and surprise them from above. You can also jump on the railing, walk to the edge and fall down to the lip of the top of the first floor without taking damage at every apartment with a roof. gently caress stairs

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Alright, I realize this is hardly the place for tech support but I've gone down every single suggestion on PUBGs forums with no luck. A friend of mine gifted me the game on steam about a week ago and I have been trying on and off to get the drat thing running.
First I had the issue that the game wouldn't even start. I'd hit play on steam, and could watch as two battleye launchers would pop up on task manager and then disappear after a few seconds. Thankfully after much fiddling I've managed to resolve that.
Now, however, I'll click the play button, battleye will appear to launch successfully and then I'll get an error reading something like "tslgame.exe could not start, application error 0x000009a." Something along those lines, I'm afraid I don't have my computer in front of me.
As I said, I've tried every solution I could find on the game's forums. Update drivers, update windows, start steam as an administrator, start the game as an administrator, reinstall those windows visual packages or whatever they're called, basically everything.
The buddy who gifted me the game has been really eager to play with me, despite me telling him about the trouble I've been having, and I feel like I just don't have the heart to tell him to try and get a refund because it's just not working. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Stop windows defender, verify integrity of game cache, delete clientregistry.blob, I dunno just spitballing here. You should probably state what windows version you have.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

In georgopol at the six white apartments you can jump from roof to roof. Its really really fun to land near someone, jump a roof or two over and surprise them from above. You can also jump on the railing, walk to the edge and fall down to the lip of the top of the first floor without taking damage at every apartment with a roof. gently caress stairs

I know all about the drop from the top floor to the landing, to the ground. How do you jump roof? Up on the railing first?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualAntsyBubbleteaDendiFace

i loving love this game

so much unbridled joy

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

slap me and kiss me posted:

I know all about the drop from the top floor to the landing, to the ground. How do you jump roof? Up on the railing first?

Yes. Next time you're up on the roofs there just look, its really easy and doesn't require crouch jumping. You can only go from roof to roof in either row of 3 (essentially NW-SE)

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Yes. Next time you're up on the roofs there just look, its really easy and doesn't require crouch jumping. You can only go from roof to roof in either row of 3 (essentially NW-SE)

drat, thanks yo!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is anyone else occasionally unable to use keyboard controls after jumping from the plane and before pulling the chute? This happens to me about one out of every 10-20 jumps. I can control which way I turn but can't go into a dive. Not a huge deal but kind of a bummer if I've got a plan for my drop and then I have to land somewhere completely different.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bold Robot posted:

Is anyone else occasionally unable to use keyboard controls after jumping from the plane and before pulling the chute? This happens to me about one out of every 10-20 jumps. I can control which way I turn but can't go into a dive. Not a huge deal but kind of a bummer if I've got a plan for my drop and then I have to land somewhere completely different.

it happens when I alt tab or hold alt while looking at the map, let go of everything and push alt once to get control back

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bold Robot posted:

Alt-tab out of the game to fix it. I've had it happen a few times and this always seems to do the trick. If you do it quick enough it doesn't even really affect your drop.

edit:

it happens when I alt tab or hold alt while looking at the map, let go of everything and push alt once to get control back

I'll try this next time too.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Are these guys headshotting me from several hundred meters away with a k98 while I'm sprinting cheating or just that good? I seem to die to them in roughly half my solo matches. I feel like I'm ducking and weaving and trying not to run in a straight line as much as possible, but I can't say for sure I'm not when I'm hit. The only reason I ask is because it's always headshots.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I know it goes against everything this thread stands for, but watch some streams. Some of these players are very good and will hit those shots. They'll miss some too, sure, but when you're the one killed by the one-shot it's not like you have a large sample size.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Arven posted:

Are these guys headshotting me from several hundred meters away with a k98 while I'm sprinting cheating or just that good? I seem to die to them in roughly half my solo matches. I feel like I'm ducking and weaving and trying not to run in a straight line as much as possible, but I can't say for sure I'm not when I'm hit. The only reason I ask is because it's always headshots.

Are you sure they're always that far away? My aim sucks and I can at least reliably hit people out to 400m with a 4x on a kar. Getting headshot sucks but it happens.

The real problem sounds like you're running through open fields, which makes it that much easier to hit you. Run alongside hills or behind tree cover. Take the long route if you have to. Just don't run through wide open spaces.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Nah, I'm not in open fields. It usually happens when I'm cresting a hill or running between trees on a hillside. I believe people can be that good, I just thought it was bizarre because it seems I only run into them in solo games, not group matches.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Anyone else run a crossbow? Gun is pretty fun. I pretty much always run AR + Crossbow and stick to that unless I find a mauser/SKS/AWM/M24 to replace the crossbow.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Arven posted:

Nah, I'm not in open fields. It usually happens when I'm cresting a hill or running between trees on a hillside. I believe people can be that good, I just thought it was bizarre because it seems I only run into them in solo games, not group matches.

Check your six more often? It's easy to hit a guy in the head running away from or towards you.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Arven posted:

The biggest question is are you standing still? Plenty of people are good enough to headshot while you're standing still when you have cover on the wrong side. Are you peaking and firing multiple shots at them?

Hitting a moving headshot is pretty hard, though so that would likely be more suspicious but far from impossible. When in doubt, no one is cheating. But if you see a dude racking up headshot after headshot on every consecutive shot or doing it while jumping, then you can probably safely say they're cheating. In either case, report everyone for cheating because the button is right there, so clearly they want you to.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when you hear the shot if they're that far away you should stutter step. if they're leading you the shot will miss.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

If they're that far away the shot will hit before you hear it. Actually really good attention to detail.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If they're that far away the shot will hit before you hear it. Actually really good attention to detail.

Not a lot you can do about the first shot other than not sit still and not run through open fields. The follow up shots though you can make a lot harder.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

mashed_penguin posted:

Not a lot you can do about the first shot other than not sit still and not run through open fields. The follow up shots though you can make a lot harder.

That's fair. I tend to juke a little bit when running across fields just out of habit. I get there a bit slower, but I'm also less likely to get nailed out of nowhere.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Arven posted:

Post replays?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

I don't have any, my hard drive is almost full so I have shadowplay turned off :downs:

Forget I asked, I think I'm just bad.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

In either case, report everyone for cheating because the button is right there, so clearly they want you to.

Truer words have never been spoken.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

if you aren't praying to lootgod for a vector every drat round i don't know what the gently caress you are playing at because that gun

- looks good
- sounds good
- kills good

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bold Robot posted:

If you're alt-tabbing during the plane ride then it's probably because by pressing alt you're going into freelook mode. The regular camera looks the same as freelook on the outside of the plane so to make sure it's off, move the mouse a bit and then tap alt. If the camera spins to a different angle, then you just turned freelook off and you're good. If the camera doesn't spin then you just turned it on and need to press alt again.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax

tote up a bags posted:

if you aren't praying to lootgod for a vector every drat round i don't know what the gently caress you are playing at because that gun

- looks good
- sounds good
- kills good

I think you mean the vector is cursed and coming across one in the wild means you are about to get instantly killed by someone you never saw.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Cyberpope v2 posted:

I think you mean the vector is cursed and coming across one in the wild means you are about to get instantly killed by someone you never saw.

The vector is amazing, full kitted of course, won two games tonight with that bad boy.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I just had a really frustrating loss. I ended up #4, circle is closing in on a single building. It's occupied by me, and a guy out on a balcony. Circle closes in again, the balcony is no longer in the circle. He gets up, I unload my AK at him, he kills me. My shots all threw up chunks of wood despite not having the red circle thing. Is there something I was missing? I need to turn on my automatic highlights thing.

Still my highest finish so far, although it's really frustrating that there's a good chance I could have turned it into a win. Also frustrating because I used my only grenade literally one minute before this situation. That would have handled it very well.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cyberpope v2 posted:

This is my experience with the gun.

• Locked thread