Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Is there a guide explaining how itemization works in the game? All I can find are clickbaity junk articles that only have info from the beta anyways.

Explaining weapon perks vs mods, how multiple copies of the same weapon with different power levels but equal impact/etc differ, what holds over in pvp, infusing, just listing them all out even, etc etc.

perks are intrinsic to the weapon, mods are something you collect and apply to them

impact is the base damage of the gun, balanced against rate of fire usually. the light level is the rpg level, kind of a modifier. So using a weapon with low light against high level enemies will do less damage than using the same weapon but now with high light. If you get the same weapon but higher light you might as well replace it.

pvp ignores light level (except for some modes like trials) and just goes off the base stats.

infusion- take a legendary/exotic gear with higher light and put it's light into another piece (same slot, like boots to boots or kinetic gun to kinetic) with lower light. Destroys the higher light piece, lower light piece now has the higher light value. Useful for when you get a really nice weapon or whatever that you want to keep, but isn't high enough light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this your typical MMO launch situation where login servers are busted and you have to sit there mashing start to actually get in? My console keeps showing "loading" for a split second, flashing back to the home screen, and then loading again ad infinitum.

There is a queue, but I think it's mostly for the initial connection to servers. Once you get in the game is glassy smooth.

It's an actual queue though. What you're describing sounds more like a local problem because there's no need to mash any buttons to get in. You press a button once and wait until the queue lets you in.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Played for a bit (4 hrs :v:) last night and game is fun, although, maybe just me but I find it doesn't feel quite as good on controller as D1 did?

Also definitely had some goofy matchmaking games - hopefully things will settle once the sweaty kids get their Elos or whatever the gently caress back into the stratosphere.

I like the new 4v4 Elimination With More Lives mode on the Competitive playlist.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Cool, I have a 20mb/s connection on my ps4's network test but the 6 gig update is downloading at 200kb/s, I didn't want to play today anyway I guess

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait to get home and play bideo jame since I stopped at getting my light enema

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Can anybody playing on XB1 please comment on whether there are any issues, and whether or not the frame rate is stable? :ohdear:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I stopped after four crucible games (2 for 4 at level 3 against level 10s and 1.5 k/d avg isn't bad after all :v:), how many games do you need to play for Shaxx's weekly challenge thing?

quote:

pvp ignores light level (except for some modes like trials) and just goes off the base stats.

Does armor level or resilience level actually matter now? At my low level I could barely do damage with my punches, and my magnetic grenade couldn't even kill when stuck.

quote:

Pro: all titan subclasses have shoulder charge now
Con: shoulder charge is now bad

Yeah shoulder charge is poo poo now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 6, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I can't tell if sunbreaker is actually kind of bad or just feels underwhelming compared to the greatly improved striker and sentinel. Also, gently caress..... I want a twilight garrison warlock.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

busfahrer posted:

Can anybody playing on XB1 please comment on whether there are any issues, and whether or not the frame rate is stable? :ohdear:

I'm on the bones, and no issues, gorgeous. Not sure about the og bone, have to ask my friend or sister

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

RBA Starblade posted:

I stopped after four crucible games (2 for 4 at level 3 against level 10s and 1.5 k/d avg isn't bad after all :v:), how many games do you need to play for Shaxx's weekly challenge thing?

Does armor level or resilience level actually matter now? At my low level I could barely do damage with my punches, and my magnetic grenade couldn't even kill when stuck.

Yeah shoulder charge is poo poo now.

Now take 3 punches to kill any normal guardian from full health

I love that shotguns are only a heavy weap tho

Shotguns sucked rear end in D1

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Emron posted:

Cool, I have a 20mb/s connection on my ps4's network test but the 6 gig update is downloading at 200kb/s, I didn't want to play today anyway I guess

Last I heard WiFi on PS4 is broke as gently caress and to connect directly to your modem if at all possible.

Unsure if they unfucked it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Last I heard WiFi on PS4 is broke as gently caress and to connect directly to your modem if at all possible.

Mine works fine :shrug:

fakeedit: I have a Pro and a normal PS4 and they are both fine.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

This is over a LAN (powerline adapter, but still). It's really loving annoying though, since this was really the only evening I was going to be able to play until the 18th.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
turn the internet on and off on your ps4, usually does it for me

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

I wish it was like every other PS4 game and could update while the system is in sleep mode, but no they need to be special snowflakes and post updates via their own servers. PS4s download noticeably faster while in sleep.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Anyone else order from Amazon know when to expect the pre-order code?

I got mine two or three days ago via email

It should say something like "benefit confirmation for you order," so kinda easy to miss

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm in the BDSM clan. It says I need to go see Hawthorne (after I have joined a clan) in order to link it up or whatever. Is clan poo poo broken? I'm with Hawthorne and nothing is available for me to do.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

turn the internet on and off on your ps4, usually does it for me

I got mad and unplugged my modem for 5 min which fixed it, yeah.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can you not actually buy legendaries anywhere?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

just a guess, that might be level locked to something like 17-20

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Feenix posted:

I'm in the BDSM clan. It says I need to go see Hawthorne (after I have joined a clan) in order to link it up or whatever. Is clan poo poo broken? I'm with Hawthorne and nothing is available for me to do.

Clans are kinda up and down this week so far. I think they're hitting levels not previously thought possible.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I wish it was like every other PS4 game and could update while the system is in sleep mode, but no they need to be special snowflakes and post updates via their own servers. PS4s download noticeably faster while in sleep.

??

The predownload and patch both downloaded automatically while my console was in rest mode.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

is there an actual point to clans this go around

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If your clanmates complete a Nightfall or Raid without you, you still get some kind of benefit.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

just a guess, that might be level locked to something like 17-20

i'm level 20 already :smith:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Shotguns sucked rear end in D1

Did you eat too many Monster soaked Pop Tarts and vibrate your self to an alternate dimension? Shotguns were boss inD1.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

4 weekly legendary engrams as well as clan banners that give you varying rewards/increased XP/etc

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Just 3 non sweaty bros :allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Neat free triangle patch... oh, warlocks.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

busfahrer posted:

I've been playing on XB1, the campaign so far is very enjoyable (I just got to Titan), haven't seen any frame rate issues. However, the pvp multiplayer does not work at all - just never finds any other players. not sure if that's platform specific or what

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Does the Hunter sidestep have I-frames or is it really just an incredibly lovely side-step?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Does the Hunter sidestep have I-frames or is it really just an incredibly lovely side-step?

The human eye is only capable of seeing up to 28 fps. Use this to your advantage!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

the Hunter... is it really just an incredibly lovely ...?

Yes.

Triple jump is nice, tho.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Campaign-beaters, can you ballpark me a % complete? I just got Ikora to leave Io and had the chat at the farm

I agree that it's insanely stupid that apparently you're the only chosen one who gets light back

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving patch !!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It may be early guys but I think Destiny 2 might be extremely my poo poo (tm)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Father Wendigo posted:

Yes.

Triple jump is nice, tho.

Come now, there must be a great utility to being able to sidestep at the speed of normal movement while also disabling your attacks rather than, say, just moving sideways.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Also I like the new planets a lot, so far they're hands down better, but part of me misses the old ones

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope Variks is in game.

I hope Variks steps on some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

loving patch !!

If you bought it on disc the game also needs to install ~30 GB off the disc as well. You can launch the game to check install progress.