Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

It's not like there's a booming business in artificial organs, so Feral's existence doesn't seem to actually threaten the status quo. She's treating symptoms and saving lives, and the lives she's saving presumably require health insurance.

That's very different than someone who could tell cancer to stop hurting people and have cancer listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I still think Robot Leg Lady would eventually come up with something truly revolutionary but the author apparently doesn't :shrug: Unless she's in on it

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Given the quality of her work, I'd say she's pretty safe.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Aside from my idea of Patrick just making all the conspiracy stuff up to get Allison off his back, another theory of mine is that the conspiracy (if it exists) wasn't killing the kids to maintain the status quo. They were killing the ones with potentially world ending powers.

Like say the free energy kid couldn't control his ability, or it gained power like all the biodynamics we've seen, and he just starts pumping out massive amounts of infinite energy and soon earth has a second sun in it's atmosphere.

Or, say the disease kid might have been Palestinian. Then when he's an angry 14 year old says "gently caress Israel" then makes bird flu smart, but it gets away from him and suddenly there's a intelligent pandemic spreading itself to maximum effect.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
By the time it gets that far into it, that will be in the background while LETS MEET CLEVIN'S PARENTS story is going on. Of course Clevin will have a big moment we can all relate too when he tells her to stop worrying about stupid poo poo and help him make enough pasta for 30 guests! Oh no!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm glad we have all those gradients and uniform backgrounds to not distract us from the riveting narrative

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Axe-man posted:

By the time it gets that far into it, that will be in the background while LETS MEET CLEVIN'S PARENTS story is going on. Of course Clevin will have a big moment we can all relate too when he tells her to stop worrying about stupid poo poo and help him make enough pasta for 30 guests! Oh no!

I bet clevin's dad won't even be that large

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

I still think Robot Leg Lady would eventually come up with something truly revolutionary but the author apparently doesn't :shrug: Unless she's in on it

She's cape comic Elon Musk and her eventual app that disrupts homelessness by letting people shine shoes for microtransactions is as far from a threat to the status quo as it is possible to get without voting Republican

it's kind of funny that this particular author recognizes that, given what appears to the be his ideological bent, but still not all that surprising

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 5, 2017

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

She's cape comic Elon Musk and her eventual app that disrupts homelessness by letting people shine shoes for microtransactions is as far from a threat to the status quo as it is possible to get without voting Republican

it's kind of funny that this particular author recognizes that, given what appears to the be his ideological bent, but still not all that surprising

Yeah, her work is on AI experiments lacking in shown practical use and she's openly arrogant to the point that directly saying hubris is good. She's not a threat to any status quo.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"John Henry should've been loving thankful for losing his job, the whiner" is very much not a threat to the status quo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Patrick loving with her patents or funding or something was also the line he crossed that lead to that mess of an office scene and the conspiracy poo poo being dropped up until now.

Edit: Also our first introduction to Lisa is her yelling at a construction worker until Allison solves the problem herself.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Yeah, her work is on AI experiments lacking in shown practical use and she's openly arrogant to the point that directly saying hubris is good. She's not a threat to any status quo.

Well not with that attitude!!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

reignonyourparade posted:

"John Henry should've been loving thankful for losing his job, the whiner" is very much not a threat to the status quo.

she's a threat to the status quo of manual labour jobs existing, not to the one percent.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

she's a threat to the status quo of manual labour jobs existing, not to the one percent.

I was being completely sincere with that, because "gently caress you workers" is already the status quo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

reignonyourparade posted:

I was being completely sincere with that, because "gently caress you workers" is already the status quo.

And Allison is pretty much immediately enamored with her ideals, who herself is no threat to the status quo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I still find it funny that Paladin's lab looks a lot like something from Bioshock, complete with libertarian no gods, no masters spiel. She even goes into recontextualising myths, just like Rand with her shrugging Atlas. But unlike Max 'White' Powers, she's a good objectivist, because she's a disabled queer woman of colour.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

I still find it funny that Paladin's lab looks a lot like something from Bioshock, complete with libertarian no gods, no masters spiel. She even goes into recontextualising myths, just like Rand with her shrugging Atlas. But unlike Max 'White' Powers, she's a good objectivist, because she's a disabled queer woman of colour.

I don't know the more i hear about her, the more I have an urge to beat her to death with a golf club. :thunk:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Paladinus posted:

... I just now realized why his name is "Max".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Patrick Spens posted:

Oh poo poo that's a good point.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Axe-man posted:

LETS MEET CLEVIN'S PARENTS

are you implying he was made? there was a time before?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Adding in stuff like the treatment of Rat and the whole thing from the start just reeks of "woke" white college liberal, who knows that problems exist but isn't actually interested in changing a status quo that benefits them and looks at the working class and disenfranchised poor with disgust.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Parahexavoctal posted:

... I just now realized why his name is "Max".

Ha, that actually makes me like the comic better.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

are you implying he was made? there was a time before?

His earth parents. Though some do talk of his mother's virgin birth as significant

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

"Patrick's our best chance at uncovering this conspiracy!" Alison says, as if she has made more than a token effort at to investigate it and hasn't moved on to a completely different time-consuming venture.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's not like there's any way of actually solving the conspiracy without going full fledged reptilians/mole men/illuminati/aliens/jews conspiracy theory crazy, and that would be way too exciting for this comic.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

pospysyl posted:

"Patrick's our best chance at uncovering this conspiracy!" Alison says, as if she has made more than a token effort at to investigate it and hasn't moved on to a completely different time-consuming venture.

Oh please, she got a pat on the back for that, that venture's 100% self-sustainable now and no longer needs her attention.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Axe-man posted:

His earth parents. Though some do talk of his mother's virgin birth as significant

Reach out and touch your personal Clevin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wat.

you havent changed anything

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Holy poo poo, how has the art for this comic gotten so much worse? The main character isn't even identifiable anymore. Over the course of like one arc her face has become literally completely round, just a complete half-circle no matter what angle you look at her and now her body is just a flat shapeless lump with like, chunky elephant legs. What is even going on anymore. Why is Clevin.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
As you can see, the infection began in Issue 6.

Her hair is even gaining a Clevin-like lift

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Piell posted:

Finally, nothing to distract from the story.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Soon she will be nothing but a balloon

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Burkion posted:

Soon she will be nothing but a balloon

It does explain the flying.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Piell posted:

Wow those first two pictures look like a comic I might want to read! :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't believe for a second that Allison was working with Patrick to draw the conspiracy out into the open. Why would the conspiracy even care about an Uber service that can logistically only operate out of New York? If anything their service benefits them because now you'd be sticking GPS trackers onto any biodynamics that would work for the service; assuming that they don't already have some way of tracking them.

And for Patrick's work to be called second-rate is insulting. The guy is doing legitimate undercover work using a multi-billion dollar company as resources to get seedier contacts and his own mind reading ability to glean the best possible information from people he converses with. Not two chapter ago he had kidnapped all of the greatest theoretical physicists so he could compile their thoughts and he's capable of understanding the information he takes.

Is this the arc where we finally just poo poo on another interesting character?

Piell posted:

Allison't chin was the real victim of this story.

ashweh
Apr 29, 2013
I know the last page touched on the plot again but it bugs me when Alison goes into her mini speeches in a conversation with one other person. Isn't there a way to script a more natural dialog, that would still get the point across? There's so much blah blah blah coming from her and Feral is barely participating.

I guess the alternative with this comic is 50 pages of two characters monologuing at each other. A great use of the visual medium known as comics.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I think she means her detective work would be second rate. There's been never any indication at all that she's had any involvement at all beyond threatening Patrick and giving him a 2 year deadline.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

And for Patrick's work to be called second-rate is insulting. The guy is doing legitimate undercover work using a multi-billion dollar company as resources to get seedier contacts and his own mind reading ability to glean the best possible information from people he converses with. Not two chapter ago he had kidnapped all of the greatest theoretical physicists so he could compile their thoughts and he's capable of understanding the information he takes.
i'm p. sure allison was referring to herself with the "second rate detective work" comment

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
It seems like the story is taking a different route and that route includes some pasta. Get out of the way story and interesting character, we got slice of life boring poo poo to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Piell posted:

Ugh, that's just depressing. Anyway, as per the most recent comic, are we now pretending that the illuminati would give two shits about Alisons uber service? I might be reading it wrong, but if that was the point it's literally the dumbest this comic has gotten yet.

• Locked thread