Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Dig deep enough and you can probably connect SRW to both the St Elsewhere Multiverse and the Wold Newton Universe, both of which basically connect to every piece of fiction ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Six degrees of Super Robot Wars?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Six degrees of Super Robot Wars?

Thanks to Project X Zone and Super Smash Bros you genuinely can connect pretty much any franchise to Super Robot Wars.

For example, Superman:

Superman was in Mortal Kombat vs the DC Universe with pretty much the entire Mortal Kombat cast who were in Mortal Kombat 9 with Kratos who was in Playstation All-Stars with Raiden who was in Metal Gear with Solid Snake who was in Super Smash Brothers with Mega Man who summons Mega Man X for his Final Smash who was in Project X Zone with Sanger.

There you go. Kratos AND Superman are both canon to SRW.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Superman was in Mortal Kombat vs the DC Universe with pretty much the entire Mortal Kombat cast who were in Mortal Kombat 9 with Kratos who was in Playstation All-Stars with Raiden who was in Metal Gear with Solid Snake who was in Super Smash Brothers with Mega Man who summons Mega Man X for his Final Smash who was in Project X Zone with Sanger.

There you go. Kratos AND Superman are both canon to SRW.

Sanger is doing God's work

edit:

drrockso20 posted:

Dig deep enough and you can probably connect SRW to both the St Elsewhere Multiverse and the Wold Newton Universe, both of which basically connect to every piece of fiction ever made

Oh, that's an easy one. Combattler V and Raideen are part of the Marvel Comics universe. Bam, done.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 6, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thanks to Guardian of the Galaxy we now know that Stan Lee's cameos are all canon which obviously includes his appearance in Heroman which was in Super Robot Wars, therefore all Marvel cinematic universe films are also SRW canon.

I may be having too much fun with this, I apologize.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Those are pretty good, but I'll be really impressed when one of you can connect the 80's American sitcom Mr. Belvedere to Super Robot Wars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It would be seriously cool to have Marvel characters in a SRW one day. Or SRW characters show up in Marvel comics, which is even less likely to happen.

I've been wanting a SRW-style game set in the DC universe for years.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

It would be seriously cool to have Marvel characters in a SRW one day. Or SRW characters show up in Marvel comics, which is even less likely to happen.

I've been wanting a SRW-style game set in the DC universe for years.

As mentioned a little while ago, you're in luck!

I think the natural candidates for a Marvel SRW are the other dumb toy things they licensed that are now trapped in Brand Hell, especially ROM: Space Knight and Micronauts - but maybe that's because they're the only things in that continuity that are as hard to find as some of the SRW boys.

Mimir fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 6, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh God their allies include Godzilla and Rodan.

Now I want an SRW where everyone teams up with and fights kaijuu. Pacific Rim can come too.

Well I guess there's already Super Heroes Generation, but they don't team up with the monsters in that one.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Raxivace posted:

Those are pretty good, but I'll be really impressed when one of you can connect the 80's American sitcom Mr. Belvedere to Super Robot Wars.

Don't worry, I got this. So, Mr Belvedere was referenced in a few shows, such as American Dad by Roger the Alien. Roger himself appeared in Family Guy a couple of times, and the Transformers have appeared in that for some jokes. The Transformers are part of a megaverse, of which the Brave Franchise was confirmed to be on the outer edges of it. Both Brave Express Mightgaine and King of Braves Gaogaigar have appeared in Super Robot Wars. Therefore and thusly, Mr Belvedere is canon to Super Robot Wars.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The ultimate game will have Godzilla as an environmental hazard, while super robots fight near an enemy base, while Kamen Riders and the J9 team infiltrate the base on foot.

Maybe one of the macro-scale units takes out some power lines and thus cuts the security power inside the base, or the micro-scale team hacks a computer that lowers a shield on an enemy unit, etc.

drrockso20 posted:

St Elsewhere includes X-files if I recall, which therefore can place it alongside pretty much anything IDW comics does so TMNT, Ghosbusters, GI Joe, and Transformers are already well in play. Sonic and Mega Man will probably get roped into an IDW crossover within a year or two as well I bet.

I've probably said it before but I would really like a decently well made TMNT SRW-style game. You could even make it all trans-dimensional and have like 10 different Leonardos or whatever.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 6, 2017

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Inferno-sama posted:

Don't worry, I got this. So, Mr Belvedere was referenced in a few shows, such as American Dad by Roger the Alien. Roger himself appeared in Family Guy a couple of times, and the Transformers have appeared in that for some jokes. The Transformers are part of a megaverse, of which the Brave Franchise was confirmed to be on the outer edges of it. Both Brave Express Mightgaine and King of Braves Gaogaigar have appeared in Super Robot Wars. Therefore and thusly, Mr Belvedere is canon to Super Robot Wars.

Was Mr. Belvedere referenced as a guy that existed, or as a television program?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Mimir posted:

...Okay, might need to go back to the drawing board.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mimir posted:

Given a link to the Family Guy universe, where everything referenced in media exists and Transformers are real while also being a thing Peter's a fan of, either Mr. Belvedere is a show that exists within SRW (that depicts factual events and characters) or Peter Griffin is a Time Diver.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Let us go no further hence.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't really pinpoint the post where things completely escaped my understanding. It reads like a fever dream between sleep and wakefulness now.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh hey and thanks to A Certain Magical Virtual-On and Virtual-On being in the SRW-verse, plus the fact that basically every novel series made by Dengeki Bunko has been in a cross-over work at some point, we can safely assume that almost every Dengeki Bunko series is in the SRW-verse as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Bunko

I don't even want to think about how many doors that opens to other anime/manga/games etc.
It, at the very least, means that SRW also connects to the Nippon Ichi Software universe (Disgaea etc.) through Zettai Hero Project, which had craptons of Dengeki Bunko stuff.

Edit: Shiiiiiit and Nippon Ichi has crossed their universe over with Gust, which means that the Atelier games are linked to the SRW-verse as well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't really pinpoint the post where things completely escaped my understanding. It reads like a fever dream between sleep and wakefulness now.

And thus we reach Persona and the large Shin Megami Tensei Universe.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
As you'd know if you read my fanfic, SRW is definitely in the same canon as the original Star Trek Universe, but not the Cinematic splinter timeline.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hope a new SRW game is announced soon, before this thread turns into some Lord of the Flies SRW crossover fanfic.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Do they ever announce at big shows like TGS, or is it just whenever they feel like they're ready?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I believe they announce that they're going to have an announcement broadcast and then they do the announcement broadcast where they show the trailer that shows which shows are gonna be in the new one followed almost immediately by someone in Japan posting one of those Hitler videos with Hitler whining about what shows were or were not picked for the new SRW.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Broken Loose posted:

Given a link to the Family Guy universe, where everything referenced in media exists and Transformers are real while also being a thing Peter's a fan of, either Mr. Belvedere is a show that exists within SRW (that depicts factual events and characters) or Peter Griffin is a Time Diver.

I really wish I could upvote posts or buy gold for this

Anyway Dr. Who is also canon to Marvel and if there's ever an SRW-style Marvel game I want the TARDIS as a unit in it.

Edit: Actually I want the TARDIS as the battleship that carries everything else around.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 7, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Getsuya posted:

I believe they announce that they're going to have an announcement broadcast and then they do the announcement broadcast where they show the trailer that shows which shows are gonna be in the new one followed almost immediately by someone in Japan posting one of those Hitler videos with Hitler whining about what shows were or were not picked for the new SRW.
maybe theyll put in First Squad and hitler will be pleased

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hokuto posted:

Edit: Actually I want the TARDIS as the battleship that carries everything else around.

An SS size battleship with double image + teleport movement. FUB is instant refill when you enter it because you spend a week inside but its instant for everybody outside. The pilot yells " ウィ ブリ・ ウォブリ・タイミ・ ワイミ !" whenever double image activates. I hope thats right, I'm real bad at katakana, I went with the start of whiskey for wibbly. I think.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

EthanSteele posted:

An SS size battleship with double image + teleport movement. FUB is instant refill when you enter it because you spend a week inside but its instant for everybody outside. The pilot yells " ウィ ブリ・ ウォブリ・タイミ・ ワイミ !" whenever double image activates. I hope thats right, I'm real bad at katakana, I went with the start of whiskey for wibbly. I think.

It's close enough. And it makes the goofy sound effect every time it teleports anywhere on the map, like Baldios's byoooom Quickman laser noise.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hmm.... Who's the subpilot?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HitTheTargets posted:

Hmm.... Who's the subpilot?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Actually the main pilot and subpilots (and all spirit sets) change with every story arc in the game. It's kind of a revolving door.

Until the Five Doctors stage where you get 5 doctors and like 8 subpilots all at once. :v:

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 7, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Let's go even crazier: the Incal star-ship from the Jodorowsky comics. With all the subpilots, including the concrete seagull.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Let's go even crazier: the Incal star-ship from the Jodorowsky comics. With all the subpilots, including the concrete seagull.

Man, I would kill for a SRW adaptation where you get the scene of the Metabaron dude cheating in a duel by claiming there's no rule against giving yourself an invincible robot body.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Just give me spaceships from classic cinema.

The ship from A Trip to the Moon, with the Moon being the enemy of the game. Tie it into Gundam X or something. Maybe its pissed about being used to power these death weapons.

The Discovery One with HAL 9000 as co-pilot.

The Nostromo.

Pompadour Diamond
Mar 21, 2013
I imagine that they probably won't be announcing a new SRW until after City Shrouded in Shadow is released in October. I mean, it's possible, but they could be wanting all of the advertisement for games featuring multiple IPs to be focused on CSiS.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Just give me spaceships from classic cinema.

The ship from A Trip to the Moon, with the Moon being the enemy of the game. Tie it into Gundam X or something. Maybe its pissed about being used to power these death weapons.

The Discovery One with HAL 9000 as co-pilot.

The Nostromo.

Ripley gets Focus, Instinct, and Bravery at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ripley gets Focus, Instinct, and Bravery at least.

She totally gets Hot Blooded ("Get Away From Her, You Bitch") and Strike

also Self-Destruct.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i can see this thread has gone batshit :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Go for the Jules Verne stuff, it's public domain, you can mecha-ify it.

Robur, MASTER OF THE WORLD, with the skyship Albatross and the transforming all-terrain Terror.

Good old Captain Nemo.

Ker Karraje, with his own super submarine and the super bomb he stole.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is this the part of the thread where i post my cast list for a super magical girl wars game

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Go for the Jules Verne stuff, it's public domain, you can mecha-ify it.

Robur, MASTER OF THE WORLD, with the skyship Albatross and the transforming all-terrain Terror.

Good old Captain Nemo.

Ker Karraje, with his own super submarine and the super bomb he stole.

That one fanfiction of War of the Worlds that Thomas Edison commissioned/authored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

RangerKarl posted:

That one fanfiction of War of the Worlds that Thomas Edison commissioned/authored

Better, the musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM

• Locked thread