Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kim Jong Il posted:

That has absolutely nothing to do in any capacity with Israel.

their article posted:

Israel’s High Court of Justice is scheduled to hear, in late September, a petition from human rights activists against the continued arms sales to Myanmar. In a preliminary response issued in March, the Defense Ministry argued that the court has no standing in the matter, which it called “clearly diplomatic.”

On June 5, in answer to a parliamentary question by Knesset member Tamar Zandberg on weapons sales to Myanmar, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that Israel “subordinates [itself] to the entire enlightened world, that is the Western states, and first of all the United States, the largest arms exporter. We subordinate ourselves to them and maintain the same policy.”

He said the Knesset plenum may not be the appropriate forum for a detailed discussion of the matter and reiterated that Israel complies with “all the accepted guidelines in the enlightened world.”

Lieberman statement was incorrect. The United States and the European Union have imposed an arms embargo on Myanmar. It’s unclear whether the cause was ignorance, and Lieberman is not fully informed about Israel’s arms exports (even though he must approve them), or an attempt at whitewashing.

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Israel/Palestine isn't even the biggest example of ethnic cleansing in the region

Is this the first time you've explicitly recognized Israeli guilt in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine? I can't keep track of all the different pro-apartheid posters in this thread anymore but congrats on making some small progress comrade.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Whether or not Israel is supplying weapons to Myanmar, they didn't learn genocide from Israel, you loving morons.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Whether or not Israel is supplying weapons to Myanmar, they didn't learn genocide from Israel, you loving morons.

"Learn a thing or two from" is a phrase that's often used to kinda compare someone doing something to someone else who has already done the thing. I don't think Al Saqr so literally meant such a thing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

tentative8e8op posted:

"Learn a thing or two from" is a phrase that's often used to kinda compare someone doing something to someone else who has already done the thing. I don't think Al Saqr so literally meant such a thing.

Ding Ding Ding.

It's also a very familiar pattern of Israel Supporting racist and ethnic cleansing maniacs and mass murderers with weapons even despite international sanctions against them.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The US, Saudi Arabia, Russia, who isn't aiding and abetting war crimes?

420 Gank Mid posted:

Is this the first time you've explicitly recognized Israeli guilt in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine? I can't keep track of all the different pro-apartheid posters in this thread anymore but congrats on making some small progress comrade.

You can have an argument about whether specific present day actions like housing policy in East Jerusalem are ethnic cleansing, but it's sure as poo poo not comparable to mass population transfer.

And furthermore, "from the river to the sea" isn't exactly foreboding ethnic harmony, so it's not like that's a bridge that either side is afraid to cross. It's also clearly not apartheid in that these are two separate and distinct countries. If anything you could make an argument for war crimes, but apartheid claims are a category error. But by all means keep smearing anyone who supports the peace process and the two state solution.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

You can have an argument about whether specific present day actions like housing policy in East Jerusalem are ethnic cleansing, but it's sure as poo poo not comparable to mass population transfer.

And furthermore, "from the river to the sea" isn't exactly foreboding ethnic harmony, so it's not like that's a bridge that either side is afraid to cross. It's also clearly not apartheid in that these are two separate and distinct countries. If anything you could make an argument for war crimes, but apartheid claims are a category error. But by all means keep smearing anyone who supports the peace process and the two state solution.

Bolded for emphasis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantustan

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Al-Saqr posted:

Aung San Suu Kyii and her general budddies are learning a thing or two from Israel.

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/905153331210936321

I talked to Aung San Suu Kyii and she assured me that they learned a thing or two from Muhammad.

Lady Morgaga fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 6, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lady Morgaga posted:

I talked to Aung San Suu Kyii and she assured me that they learned a thing or two from Muhammad.

lol Mohammad didn't sell weapons to Aung San Suu Kyi you silly doofus and wasn't part of an established pattern of supporting ethnic cleansing racists like Apartheid South Africa and the phalanges. muhammad was alive 1400 years ago I know zionists love fabricating history and facts to suit their racist apartheid ideology but this is ridiculous.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
mohammed sold nuclear secrets to north korea

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Al-Saqr posted:

lol Mohammad didn't sell weapons to Aung San Suu Kyi you silly doofus and wasn't part of an established pattern of supporting ethnic cleansing racists like Apartheid South Africa and the phalanges. muhammad was alive 1400 years ago I know zionists love fabricating history and facts to suit their racist apartheid ideology but this is ridiculous.
So to recap: When you spouted your usual bullshit

Al-Saqr posted:

Aung San Suu Kyii and her general budddies are learning a thing or two from Israel.
what you really meant was that Aung San Suu Kyi learned to

Al-Saqr posted:

...sell weapons to Aung San Suu Kyi you silly doofus and part of an established pattern of supporting ethnic cleansing racists...
Very nice.

Say if you are ethnic cleansing racist does it count as a supporting ethnic cleansing racists?

the old ceremony posted:

Nah he just ethnically cleansed really good.

EDIT: Oh I apologize to everyone invloved. I forgot myself. I am in D&D I/P thread.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
tell me again when the filth of the butcher
is washed in the blood of the lamb

tell me again when the last of the culture
has passed through the eye of the camp

tell me again when i'm clean and i'm sober
tell me again when i've seen through the horror
tell me again, tell me over and over
tell me that you love me then

amen

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

420 Gank Mid posted:

If you don't know which positions the poster holds, maybe don't crawl up their rear end.

You can be perfectly aware and critical about Israel's crimes and have an opinion more nuanced than "Israel is the greatest threat to mankind ever!"

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
edit: wrong thread

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

Oh well then, as long as you keep your murdering down to "The History of Russia Minus 1" levels that makes it okay.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lady Morgaga posted:

What the gently caress? :catstare:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does anyone ever pause in the midst of typing their defense to wonder if maybe arguing about a sarcastic tone in a post on selling weapons to bad people is missing the forest for the trees?

the old ceremony posted:

nuclear secrets he learned on the moon

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Last Buffalo posted:

If you don't know which positions the poster holds, maybe don't crawl up their rear end.

You can be perfectly aware and critical about Israel's crimes and have an opinion more nuanced than "Israel is the greatest threat to mankind ever!"

Imagine reading Kim Jung ils posts and not immediately realizing wow what a loving moron.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35eEljsSQfc

Based Jews btfo Algeria

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Based Jews btfo Algeria

Maybe I'm not up to date on recent internet-isms, but what does this mean? I looked up "btfo" and saw that it means "blown the gently caress out" but I still don't know how to parse this.

Lady Morgaga posted:

So to recap: When you spouted your usual bullshit

what you really meant was that Aung San Suu Kyi learned to

Very nice.

Say if you are ethnic cleansing racist does it count as a supporting ethnic cleansing racists?

Nah he just ethnically cleansed really good.

EDIT: Oh I apologize to everyone invloved. I forgot myself. I am in D&D I/P thread.

Al-Saqr frequently uses dumb hyperbole and can be extremely credulous on the topic of "Israel doing bad things", but that's still better than constantly siding with Israel (or spending all your time and effort insulting/condemning people who condemn Israel, which is effectively the same thing). If you want to defend Israel's actions, by all means do so, but don't resort to this weird combination of vague insinuations and cherry picking of the worst advocates for the position you disagree with. I frequently see this rhetorical strategy employed when a person realizes their actual opinions would be difficult to express in a way that doesn't make them look bad.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 6, 2017

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Ytlaya posted:

Maybe I'm not up to date on recent internet-isms, but what does this mean? I looked up "btfo" and saw that it means "blown the gently caress out" but I still don't know how to parse this.

He's saying Hillel Neuer fukken owned Algeria, pretty sure

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Are you literally incapable of non-meme posting?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

Are you literally incapable of non-meme posting?

Memes are the pure air of the internet

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lol you mean the people who actively helped the french kill a million Algerians (after the french cynically forced french citizenship on them to create this division in society), who considered themselves more as french than Algerians and then when given the free choice of staying or leaving decided they had more in common with the pied-Noirs who killed and tortured shitloads of Algerians to maintain racist control than that ever did with their own country?

Like I know zionists are really dishonest and stupid when it comes to historical facts, so maybe read a book or two sometime.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol you mean the people who actively helped the french kill a million Algerians (after the french cynically forced french citizenship on them to create this division in society), who considered themselves more as french than Algerians and then when given the free choice of staying or leaving decided they had more in common with the pied-Noirs who killed and tortured shitloads of Algerians to maintain racist control than that ever did with their own country?

Like I know zionists are really dishonest and stupid when it comes to historical facts, so maybe read a book or two sometime.

cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks pal

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Al-Saqr posted:

Honestly tho, If they didnt leave in the 60s theyd have been murdered in the 90s.
Its not that clean cut and dry, and a majority of Jews were in Algeria since before the time of Algerie Francaise having lived there since goddamn forever ago or emigrated there after expulsion from Spain in the 15th century. However France did not make that distinction and provided the citizenship universally to all jews.

It was a loving textbook colonial action, and sadly it worked.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 6, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Honestly tho, If they didnt leave in the 60s theyd have been murdered in the 90s.
Its not that clean cut and dry, and a majority of Jews were in Algeria since before the time of Algerie Francaise having lived there since goddamn forever ago or emigrated there after expulsion from Spain in the 15th century. However France did not make that distinction and provided the citizenship universally to all jews.

It was a loving textbook colonial action, and sadly it worked.

there's no telling what wouldve happened if the pied-noirs and the algerian jews chose to stay, it wouldve been a massive difference in algerian society and politics, so who knows what might or not have happened. Unfortunately at the end of the day the FLN directly appealed to the Jewish community to come join the cause of independence and freedom (as per page 136 of this book) but in the end the vast majority chose to throw their lot in with France and the OAS, they fell victim to Frances colonial expropriation, and when faced with a choice of staying under a negotiated settlement and leaving en-masse, the FLN appealed to them to stay in the country and build it with their fellow Algerians (as per page 324 of this book) but they chose to leave.

and there's no telling for certain that what happened in the 60's had any predictive event at all for the 90's since both events have no ties to each other cause-and-effect wise other than the dictatorship of the FLN and the military establishment, the main reason behind the civil war of the 90's was the FLN's monopoly on power and the Army's grip on the country, The 90's was a classic textbook example of the the army and old regime causing a civil war to maintain control, namely:- In the face of a free and fair election, the islamist parties were about to take power through democratic elections, the old regime and army cancelled the elections and pulled off a coup, which caused the civil war and made the islamists even more radicalized and insane. The minorities in Algeria fell victim to the same dynamic as many disasters in the middle east.

however, if the Pieds-Noirs and algerian Jews chose to stay in algeria, we mightve looked at a way different politics and society than what came about in the 90's, so there's no telling what might or might not have happened. and there's no guarantees at all that they wouldve been murdered in the 90's since we dont know how vastly different algeria wouldve been or what mightve happened if the FLN didnt decide to become a dictatorship and if military didnt kick off a civil war. all minorities suffered as a consequence of the dictatorship of the FLN and the civil war they caused with the Islamists.

so there's a huge difference between that and a concerted and targeted effort to erase and ethnically cleanse an entire class of people and supporting and arming their killers.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 6, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Disinterested posted:

Israel: not even the biggest ethnic cleansers in the region.

:laffo:

At least they owned up to something against their innocent perfect baby for once.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

What the gently caress? :catstare:

Lady Morgana probably has brain damage, and at the very least has a developmental disability which leaves them only able to parse and relate information with all of the complexity and grammar of a standard Facebook post

Also :laffo: at KJI instantly leaping to "gently caress you that has NOTHING TO DO WITH ISRAEL" when it's in the loving tweet header

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the jews

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Last Buffalo posted:

Jesus loving christ you're a thick one arent you?

KJU regularly posts long-winded and completely disconnected with reality effort posts making excuses for the ongoing genocide in Palestine and when he finally says something approaching the truth and gravity of their crimes you want to snipe at me for complimenting him?

Do you pleasure yourself everytime a new Dry Bones comic comes out?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Uhh, "where are all the Jews?" - you asked them to join you in the holy land, and they did?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Nearly every country on Earth, including the Palestinian government, supports a two state solution and sees them as separate countries. So do independent polls of Palestinians.

VitalSigns posted:

Oh well then, as long as you keep your murdering down to "The History of Russia Minus 1" levels that makes it okay.

The only justified action is to focus on the biggest aggressor, not the most convenient or easiest.

Volkerball posted:

Imagine reading Kim Jung ils posts and not immediately realizing wow what a loving moron.

You literally want America to start a war with Iran.

Autism Sneaks posted:

Lady Morgana probably has brain damage, and at the very least has a developmental disability which leaves them only able to parse and relate information with all of the complexity and grammar of a standard Facebook post

Also :laffo: at KJI instantly leaping to "gently caress you that has NOTHING TO DO WITH ISRAEL" when it's in the loving tweet header

Yup, I responded to Saqr's comments and hosed up in that capacity, oh well, it happens.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 7, 2017

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Volkerball posted:

The most irritating aspect about reading his really insipid defense of israel selling weapons to myanmar to kill muslims is that this isn't anything new. Israeli arms, money, and experience have all at one point or another been introduced into many hideous right-wing south american governments that the united states wants to maintain and keep in power but can't be seen to have a hand in. Lieberman was being absolutely honest when he said he and the united states are on the same page in that regard. It's not even a question at this point about israel; it's a question of the united states using it's "cops on the beat" to do it's dirty work to maintain plausable deniability. Kim Jong, any word from you on how argentinian neo-nazis in the 80's tortured and disappeared argentinian jews while israeli politicians urged them to maintain their silence and not speak to journalists while they rotted in captivity, you no-heart lying gently caress?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/906078331841519616

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Ultramega posted:

The most irritating aspect about reading his really insipid defense of israel selling weapons to myanmar to kill muslims is that this isn't anything new. Israeli arms, money, and experience have all at one point or another been introduced into many hideous right-wing south american governments that the united states wants to maintain and keep in power but can't be seen to have a hand in. Lieberman was being absolutely honest when he said he and the united states are on the same page in that regard. It's not even a question at this point about israel; it's a question of the united states using it's "cops on the beat" to do it's dirty work to maintain plausable deniability. Kim Jong, any word from you on how argentinian neo-nazis in the 80's tortured and disappeared argentinian jews while israeli politicians urged them to maintain their silence and not speak to journalists while they rotted in captivity, you no-heart lying gently caress?

What does any of this have to do anything? I haven't uniformly defended all of Israel's actions. I support the two state solution and abandoning the majority of settlements. I've been in misery with Netanyahu and Likud in power for the last eight years. I don't think they should have fought the three Gaza wars. I don't think they should sell weapons to dictators. I think they should let African refugees stay. The last two are lovely things that many states do.

I guess your broken clock is actually right for once, because you're correctly identifying Chomsky's notion that the idea that Israel is some rogue state selling out the virtuous United States is ludicrous, self-serving bullshit. Israel is a client state vassal of the US in every conceivable way. The Jim Mattises of the world are in denial about that point. I never looked at either state with rose colored glasses. The world is full of awful people who do awful things, and it's ultimately just gradients of more or less bad.

And no I sure as poo poo don't like them going soft on white supremacists, although I don't really care in that respect because I see neo Nazis as cuckholded and ineffective in their ability to harm Jews. It's quite clear white supremacists are still a massive threat to African Americans and Hispanics though, and should be condemned and marginalized for that.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Kim Jong Il posted:

Nearly every country on Earth, including the Palestinian government, supports a two state solution and sees them as separate countries. So do independent polls of Palestinians.

Holy poo poo, how dumb are you if you think a Bantustan is an independent and separate country? That's the exact opposite of the purpose of a Bantustan like Israel is creating in occupied territories.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Kim Jong Il posted:

Volkerball posted:

You literally want America to start a war with Iran.
Holy poo poo, I agree with Volkerball and Kim Jong Il on something (assuming the latter is indicating that the former's warmongering against Iran is moronic). Maybe I'll go buy a lottery ticket for the first time ever.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

the old ceremony posted:

the jews have forgotten how to farm. farming was the first art that the lord ever gave us and as one we've turned our backs on it, instead pursuing parlour tricks taught to us by the renegade sex angels who wander among us still exhausted and despairing. we need to throw down our guns and go back to our flocks. we can't end the war but we can end the famine! hashem is with us!

Check this out: https://coastalrootsfarm.org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
:neckbeard:

i'm trying to get a kibbutz going but australian jews of my generation are flabby spoilt children of privilege, including me, but i am a flabby spoilt child of privilege who is also haunted by the ghost of former israeli prime minister and notable farmer of the desert ariel sharon, who three years ago gave me a mission that i have stuck to as best i can