Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Suave Fedora posted:

I know this is pretty vague, but in which rounds would you target Rodgers, Brady and Brees in this league?:

1 point-per-completion
1 ppr (other skill players)
12-teamer
Passing yardage bonuses

I have the 2nd pick so I'm thinking any of those still available by 4/5 turn would be worth grabbing.

All 3 of those will probably be gone by your turn in 4th. Especially if it's 6paTD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Judge my draft. 10 teams, 1 PPR, 6pt TD across the board, standard ESPN scoring otherwise. Very much hurting at RB but I couldn't pass up Jordy or DT when they fell so far; I'd had them at 9 and 15 on my board (stats adjusted for league scoring,) respectively. Hoping a pair of WR1s and a strong WR2 will make up for me running a bunch of RB2s all year long.

8 Mike Evans, TB WR
13 Jordy Nelson, GB WR
28 Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
33 Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB
48 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
53 Greg Olsen, Car TE
68 Matt Ryan, Atl QB
73 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
88 Tyrell Williams, LAC WR
93 Terrance West, Bal RB
108 Ted Ginn Jr., NO WR
113 Duke Johnson Jr., Cle RB
128 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR
133 Vikings D/ST D/ST
148 Dak Prescott, Dal QB
153 Dan Bailey, Dal K

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roseo posted:

Judge my draft. 10 teams, 1 PPR, 6pt TD across the board, standard ESPN scoring otherwise. Very much hurting at RB but I couldn't pass up Jordy or DT when they fell so far; I'd had them at 9 and 15 on my board (stats adjusted for league scoring,) respectively. Hoping a pair of WR1s and a strong WR2 will make up for me running a bunch of RB2s all year long.

8 Mike Evans, TB WR
13 Jordy Nelson, GB WR
28 Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
33 Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB
48 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
53 Greg Olsen, Car TE
68 Matt Ryan, Atl QB
73 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
88 Tyrell Williams, LAC WR
93 Terrance West, Bal RB
108 Ted Ginn Jr., NO WR
113 Duke Johnson Jr., Cle RB
128 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR
133 Vikings D/ST D/ST
148 Dak Prescott, Dal QB
153 Dan Bailey, Dal K

Well PPR makes those backs more valuable. I'd try to flip Dak for another mid-tier RB and play the wire hard.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

All 3 of those will probably be gone by your turn in 4th. Especially if it's 6paTD

It's 4paTD, but I forgot to mention -1 point per incompletion.

I'm thinking you are right that waiting until the 4rth would not be realistic.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

With those settings, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if Brady and Rodgers were gone by your 2nd pick with a chance of Brees being gone also.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

pubic works project posted:

I'd try to flip Dak for another mid-tier RB

In a 10 team league, no chance anytime soon. He was available round 15 for a reason, after all. Would have to wait a few weeks for injuries, potentially, which is why I grabbed him as a potential bargaining chip.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Picking 9th tonight in a 10 teamed with some wild cards. I'm probably going to end up with Evans.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Picking 9th tonight in a 10 teamed with some wild cards. I'm probably going to end up with Evans.

This was my wild card 1st round. Was so close to grabbing Brown with the 8th pick.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Trade Advice

.5 PPR

Give:
C.J. Prosie
Samaje Perine

Get
Ameer Abdullah

Current RBs
Leveon Bell
Bilail Powell
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Alfalfa posted:

This was a wild card 1st round. Was so close to grabbing Brown with the 8th pick.

:stare:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So league with 1QB, 3 WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1K, 1DST. How big of a bench?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

you meant interception, not incompletion. Right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Trade Advice

.5 PPR

Give:
C.J. Prosie
Samaje Perine

Get
Ameer Abdullah

Current RBs
Leveon Bell
Bilail Powell
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden

gently caress no. Perine needs to be sat on and Abdullah will disappear by game 5. I have no opinion of Prosise.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Doug Baldwin went before Jordy Nelson & AJ Green in my main league, lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Trade Advice

.5 PPR

Give:
C.J. Prosie
Samaje Perine

Get
Ameer Abdullah

Current RBs
Leveon Bell
Bilail Powell
Matt Forte
Darren Mcfadden

A passing down back and a benched rookie for a starting RB? I'd do it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

you meant interception, not incompletion. Right?

I wish. Interceptions are the standard -2. Incompletions are -1.

It very much rewards accurate QBs. I took Brees last year in like the middle third and rode him to the playoffs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jesus. Just as an example, Matt Ryan' had 161 incompletions last year.

I'd be taking the safest passer in the league, and I'd be doing it in the first round if I was picking at 6+.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I just got a very unimpressed "nice" from the wife for posting a shower under 3 minutes. Draft time!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I'd be taking the safest passer in the league, and I'd be doing it in the first round if I was picking at 6+.

Sam Bradford is your man!!

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
In a standard 14 team work league, i somehow have mccoy, howard, and hunt.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfalfa posted:

This was my wild card 1st round. Was so close to grabbing Brown with the 8th pick.

I got Julio at the 12th spot out of 12.

Also Yahoo grades are stupid. They gave me a C+ and yelled at me for drafting Theo Riddick (round 13) and for having no backup QB, TE, K, or DEF

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

I got Julio at the 12th spot out of 12.

Also Yahoo grades are stupid. They gave me a C+ and yelled at me for drafting Theo Riddick (round 13) and for having no backup QB, TE, K, or DEF

You get a F from the goons for drafting a kicker round 11. :)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfalfa posted:

You get a F from the goons for drafting a kicker round 11. :)

I know but I'm surprised I didn't do anything dumber considering how drunk I was at that point

First QB to go was Mariota in the 2nd. Two years ago Luck went 1.01.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

5 autodrafters already and Rodgers is ranked 44, Brady 45 and Brees 57. I'm going for throats and will wait until the 4rth/5th turn.

So far:

LVB
Dez
Brady

3rd round update: Guy picking 1st took Rodgers and I got shook. I really wanted Brees but figure Brady will have less competition against BUF and NYJ this season than ever before.

Oh lord Terrell Pryor in the 3rd.

Brees went in the mid-4rth. Thanks for the advice guys! I would have lost out for sure.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 7, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What does this exactly mean on beersheets?

"Player cells are shaded based on the tiers of value." The shading is very sporadic on my sheet.

Also my league is 0.05 PPY passing instead of 0.04, is that enough of a difference to up all the QB's a round?

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 7, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have this Big Ben, and the manager of this team loves them some Steelers. Who should I ask for? (Phil Rivers is my backup.)

Could use RB and WR help, here's my roster.

(My team was auto-drafted.)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I have this Big Ben, and the manager of this team loves them some Steelers. Who should I ask for? (Phil Rivers is my backup.)

What do you need? I'd probably target Keenan.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

What do you need? I'd probably target Keenan.

I added my roster, but I was thinking about Keenan too.

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: This is my other work league, 12-team, non-PPR but again, not super-competitive so this doesn't need to be a "Squeeze every drop of value" out of the trade. Honestly making the other manager happy would be a nice bonus.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Why does everyone think Keenan Allen will be good this year

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Because he's a good player and there are no correlations between his injuries.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

because the last 2 years before he got hurt, dude averaged like 200 targets a game? He's also pretty good.

probably over exaggerating just a bit, but his ADP is pretty low for his upside in PPR leagues.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Mainly he's just the only guy who I saw on that roster that jumped out at me, and I could use another guy to slot into the Flex spot.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: This is my other work league, 12-team, non-PPR but again, not super-competitive so this doesn't need to be a "Squeeze every drop of value" out of the trade. Honestly making the other manager happy would be a nice bonus.

You need RB help more, so probably target Hyde first.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What does this exactly mean on beersheets?

"Player cells are shaded based on the tiers of value." The shading is very sporadic on my sheet.

Also my league is 0.05 PPY passing instead of 0.04, is that enough of a difference to up all the QB's a round?

Players are grouped roughly into "tiers" representing very similar value. The tiers are made more visible on the sheet by alternating between shaded and not shaded groups. Some player tiers are very small, even containing only one player, while others have several.

The tiers help you pick a similar player when you don't get the guy you wanted, or to recognize that if you don't take the last guy in that tier, the next step down in value in that column is a larger one.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Keenan had one good year, a year that he sucked because he said he was unmotivated, and spent 2 years hurt.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Maybe Ben and Diggs for OBJ? Depends on how much steel he truly loves thrust upon him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Keenan had one good year, a year that he sucked because he said he was unmotivated, and spent 2 years hurt.

lol? His 2 injuries weren't even closely related, one was a lacerated kidney freak injury.

In 2015 he played 8 games, now if you calculate that out to a full season, these are his numbers:

134 catches 1450 yards 8 TDs.

2016 even though he didn't make it out of week 1, he had like 6 catches for 70 yards in a halfs worth.

That's his upside.

I drafted him the last 2 years and he got injured both time, i would absolutely jump on him at his current ADP and would definitely trade Big Ben for him in a heartbeat.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 7, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No one in my league will trade with me and my WRs are horseshit :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Doing an auction draft and my friends are idiots. We made the switch to auction a few years back which rules, but the first year they all elected the best players for auction first. They didn't spend enough money so I ended up with 3 of the top 5 RBs.

Ever since everybody recommends garbage players first hoping everyone else overbids so that they, the savvy investor, will get the best players for cheap!!!

Of course the end result is the draft takes a bajillion times longer than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Just finished my second draft. 12 teams, no ppr, QB - 2RB - 2WR - RB/WR - TE - 7BN, drafting 5th. This is a work league so the commish put limits on positions to keep the teams competitive. Unfortunately this means that every team ends up carrying 2 QBs and 2 TEs.

QB - Mariota (9), Palmer (13)
RB - Miller (2), Crowell (3), Ingram (4), McFadden (8), Burkhead (11)
WR - Jones (1), Robinson (5), Diggs (6), Britt (10), Ginn (12)
TE - Eifert (7), Witten (14)

I'm not confident overall. My RBs are very bland unless McFadden has a great 6 weeks. I was resigned to take McCoy in round 1 then somehow he was drafted 3rd overall. My choice came down to Freeman or Jones. It shaped my draft and I feel like it might decide my season. This feels like a team that lands in the middle of the pack.

My other league drafted before the 3rd preseason games. Keeper league, I was drafting 9th. 12 teams, no ppr, QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - 2WR/TE - 5BN. We can keep one player at the round he was drafted at for 2 years then it becomes a first rounder. I picked up David Johnson off the WW 2 seasons ago so I get keep him in round 13 again.

QB - Wilson (6)
RB - Johnson (13-Kpr) Ware (4), Ingram (5), Coleman(7)
WR/TE - M. Thomas (1), Cooper (2), Robinson (3), Britt (8), Coleman (9), Eifert (10)

Ware was a bust and replaced with Burkhead off the WW for now. I'm hoping one of Britt or C. Coleman becomes useful but I have no real RB depth yet. This team will either go big or go right in the dumpster.

• Locked thread