Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

LargeHadron posted:

I think it's sort of the "nice guy" alignment, like the dude who always wants to play that plucky and quirky elf that he (mis)identifies with. It's just that in the game world, "chaotic" means things like "steals from the rich or damages their property" and "breaks into locked buildings in search of adventure". The player considers himself chaotic for doing things like "not keeping a regular and reasonable hygiene schedule" and "breaking into a girl's room to sniff her socks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All despite of your job being a joke, being broke, and your love life D-O-A.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Yeah, it was like I was always stuck in second gear

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

where does carrying a printer sit on this alignment chart?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hell yeah! I know this song!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Awkwardly on her bed trying not to freak out about her underwear being on the floor.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Choco1980 posted:

Landerig.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Syd Midnight posted:

I thought I had a screenshot of it, but this is all I have with "dreamworks" in the file name. I don't suppose that's the quote or from the thread?

There's way more of them than that, somewhere I have a collage of about 20 of them

That may have been part of it but I swear there was also a deep dive into the marketing "science" behind why they went with that particular expression. Oh well, thanks for trying.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Moon Slayer posted:

That may have been part of it but I swear there was also a deep dive into the marketing "science" behind why they went with that particular expression. Oh well, thanks for trying.

No, you're not making it up, I remember it too. drat if I can find it though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I vaguely recall the conclusion being 'It appeals to teenage boys, who we desperately target above all else'.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The cspam hurricane thread is epic

Jose posted:

Supermarkets are out of water so I'm filling ziplocks with water to freeze

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Agean90 posted:

The cspam hurricane thread is epic

What's funny about that? This poo poo is looking dangerous, and freezing bags of water makes great icepacks for coolers, and drinkable water.

I've been in Florida my whole life, and this one is kinda scary.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What's funny about that? This poo poo is looking dangerous, and freezing bags of water makes great icepacks for coolers, and drinkable water.

I've been in Florida my whole life, and this one is kinda scary.

you should click the link and watch one englishman continue to ignore the advice of everyone telling him to get out of his floodzone hotel

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Agean90 posted:

you should click the link and watch one englishman continue to ignore the advice of everyone telling him to get out of his floodzone hotel

Didn't know Sir Richard Branson had an account here

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

e: Also there's literally one joke to make about them

I don't know. If Harvey and Irma are what it takes for people to finally address climate change, I think the sacrifice is worth it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Taeke posted:

I don't know. If Harvey and Irma are what it takes for people to finally address climate change, I think the sacrifice is worth it.

Spoiler alert: they won't

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah, they need to be big enough to completely destroy all of Florida and Texas, not just single cities like Houston.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's like that time a dude shot and killed a bunch of elementary school students and America decided enough was enough and enacted tougher gun control.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trig Discipline posted:

And they'll be offended if anyone even suggests it. Stop politicising this tragedy!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

The same people who can't puzzle out what antifa means and that their own ancestors died on French beaches and Italian (uh restaurants) fighting fascism won't be able to put this together? :monocle:

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I'll stop politicizing tragedy when politics stops creating tragedies

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

McGavin posted:

Yeah, they need to be big enough to completely destroy all of Florida and Texas, not just single cities like Houston.

Are you suggesting wiping out the south would benefit the USA?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

elise the great posted:

I'll stop politicizing tragedy when politics stops creating tragedies

So never, then.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What thread am I in?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If global warming isn't real then how come the takes just keep getting hotter?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Literally never

Anyway hats off to those of you who go to CSPAM and D&D and other hellholes to bring us nuggets of fresh and unadulterated funny

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Diet-Michelle-Obama runs DnD now. It's kind of amazing watching white person after white person melt down when she points out what they are saying/the language that they are using is either: A. Racist in intent, B. Racist in usage or C. Racist by implication, even if that's not the intent.
White people cannot stand to be called racist.
I am white as hell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's the only slur with teeth for white people.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

While we're waiting for fresh content, here's one from my archives:

M R CRACKER posted:

They say "The grass is always greener." That means that you always like things more if you aren't sitting in the middle of them.

For example, someone tries to steal your car, and they try really hard to crack in, but once they make it, all they get is junk under the seat, and your receipts. Now they don't want the car anymore, but it's too late.

Life is like that. By the time you figure out that everything is just a scam and they want you to do all the dirty work, you die. If you ask someone "Do you want to never work again and never gain weight?" They would say yes, but it turns out that's called death.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That is the wisest thing I'll read today.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
if you didn't read Veins by Drew, you're doing a disservice to yourself

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Do we know which hotel Jose is in? You know, in case Irma knocks it over or something?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Whatever happened to A Starwar Betamax? Anything that guy said was funny

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

VanSandman posted:

Diet-Michelle-Obama runs DnD now. It's kind of amazing watching white person after white person melt down when she points out what they are saying/the language that they are using is either: A. Racist in intent, B. Racist in usage or C. Racist by implication, even if that's not the intent.
I am white as hell.

Post some evidence honky.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

I am white as hell.

... Who?

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Guy Mann posted:

If global warming isn't real then how come the takes just keep getting hotter?

e: I also second the recommendation to read Veins by Drew.

SaltyJesus has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Sep 7, 2017

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

The quote is complaining about Koalas March (not a D&D mod).

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Lobok posted:

It's like that time a dude shot and killed a bunch of elementary school students and America decided enough was enough and enacted tougher gun control.

from a Hockey World Junior Championship thread, where Canada had just lost to the US in a shootout:

inferis posted:

At least when Canada has devastating shootout losses they try to prevent them from ever happening again. The US only sends thoughts and prayers.

a big one had just happened so the timing was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Diet-Michelle-Obama runs DnD now.

She's trying to make them eat healthier? No wonder goons hate her.