Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

As soon as you said it, I knew where to go.

From the same thread: https://youtu.be/Rhd35N4xLr8?t=100 , looks real to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Why is she so huge though.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The characters just look off somehow, every time. I don't get it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Peppa Pig is not the role model Australia needs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ofaloaf posted:

The characters just look off somehow, every time. I don't get it.

Basically the people working in PPG 2016 don't care at all about the show they're working on except in how it'll look on their resumes for future projects

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Honestly, it's really funny to me that this message, which is completely sane and innocuous in the vast majority of the world, is genuinely horrible advice in Australia

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There was a bit on QI about the fear of spiders being more dangerous than the actual spider venom, because it'll make people freak out and cause accidents.

Basically this is malicious anti-arachnid fearmongering. I'd be more worried about the ants or jellyfish or snakes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

The thing that really seems off to me is that there's nothing in that trailer that demonstrates why the show would be appealing to an actual kid who isn't driven by nostalgia.

Does it even need to be appealing? I didn't hate the Magic School Bus as a kid, but I sure never really enjoyed it. It was "that cartoon my science teacher makes us watch occasionally"* back in elementary school. I suspect this will be used much the same way: pop an episode on and force kids to learn even if they don't want to.

*every time I think about watching videos in class I think of that John Mulaney bit about teachers showing videos to avoid work.

Yardbomb posted:

Why is she so huge though.

Clearly Professor Utonium forgot to write down his exact formula for creating perfect little girls and when trying to duplicate it he accidentally added way too much Chemical X.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 7, 2017

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Yardbomb posted:

I'm so ready for the 4th girl to have a nondescript tan to watch people explode over it.

Kaliedoscope posted:

You better be, because CN Russia already leaked the 4th girl, and she indeed does have a brown tan.

Wait. Is there some kind of cliche that I'm not aware of that would allow you to predict that specific thing with total accuracy?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mycot posted:

Wait. Is there some kind of cliche that I'm not aware of that would allow you to predict that specific thing with total accuracy?

It is TYOOL Two Thousand And Seventeen, and people in charge of IPs have realised that not all of the people purchasing products are white/straight/cis.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/905622195287736320

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So which writer's self-insert is the new powerpuff and how do they ship her with Buttercup?
Also lol at that pitch perfect DeviantArt design.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hair+Pink

It's Rose Quartz.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I half expect it to be about the girls making a fourth one of them, and design it so that 'She's Tough' and 'Cool Looking' and 'Our Best Friend", and while at first it's fun and cool, she ends up boringly flawless and keeps one-uping them. Eventually they get upset and don't like her anymore, and the fourth one (who shall be called something like Sparkle-puff) ends up sacrificing herself and then the girls feel bad. They erect a statue in her honor, and from then on is never spoken of again.

Remember, the motto of the show is 'The path of least resistance'.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh god, those child-bearing hips.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Apparently her name is "Bliss" from what someone found in an episode listing thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I half expect it to be about the girls making a fourth one of them, and design it so that 'She's Tough' and 'Cool Looking' and 'Our Best Friend", and while at first it's fun and cool, she ends up boringly flawless and keeps one-uping them. Eventually they get upset and don't like her anymore, and the fourth one (who shall be called something like Sparkle-puff) ends up sacrificing herself and then the girls feel bad. They erect a statue in her honor, and from then on is never spoken of again.

Remember, the motto of the show is 'The path of least resistance'.

It's been pretty impressive at how quickly they've pissed away every drop of goodwill the PPG revival had.

Probably doesn't help that they don't seem to have any of the original people behind it, who'd long moved on.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Apparently her name is "Bliss" from what someone found in an episode listing thing.

Well at least her name follows the name convention the original three(as well as both Bunny and Bullet from the original series) follow; name that starts with a B and has a double consonant in it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
There was a Bullet ?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

There was a Bullet ?

Bullet was a squirrel they gave Chemical X to and made an honorary member*(weird thing about it was in it's debut appearance they called it a girl, but in it's second episode they consistently called it a boy)

*kinda like how in Kids Next Door they made a skunk into a member of the team who showed up a couple times, or the episode of Dexter's Lab where Dexter turned an injured turtle in a super cyborg(come to think of it, woodland critter getting injured and getting super powers in the recovery process happens a lot in Cartoon Network series)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

drrockso20 posted:

Bullet was a squirrel they gave Chemical X to and made an honorary member*(weird thing about it was in it's debut appearance they called it a girl, but in it's second episode they consistently called it a boy)

Possibly they checked underneath between episodes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly the biggest shock of all this is that show is still running. I was under the impression it launched, shat everything out and then died.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 8, 2017

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ConanThe3rd posted:

Honestly the biggest shock of all this is that show is still running. I was undee the impression it launched, shat everything out and then died.

It got renewed for season 2 before the first episode even premiered. However I don't believe it's been renewed for a season 3. I think CN is going to try and sweep this one under the rug.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/09/07/toya-delazy-voices-new-powerpuff-girl/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, wasn't it banished to Boomerang like a couple months after it started? I haven't seen it on CN proper in months. I can't even remember how long it's been on anymore.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 8, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like I said, they've been trickling out new episodes in Sunday afternoons with no promotion. At one time, the episodes were fuckin' sandwiched between movies.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Okay kids show thread help me out. Why in the Sun and Moon anime does Ash now have those dumb zig zags under his eyes? What are they? Are they supposed to be lovely facial hair? Some weird indicator of where his cheeks are? Why are they there?? I hate them. I hate how the Pokemon anime looks now in general

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Okay kids show thread help me out. Why in the Sun and Moon anime does Ash now have those dumb zig zags under his eyes? What are they? Are they supposed to be lovely facial hair? Some weird indicator of where his cheeks are? Why are they there?? I hate them. I hate how the Pokemon anime looks now in general

He's always had zigzag eyes, I guess you just didn't notice before.

And the answer as to why they're there is ~ANIME~

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I guess I never noticed. They look really bad now though along with the rest of the show

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

No show that contains both Rowlet and Mimikyu can look bad.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I actually think the new style is an improvement.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Possibly they checked underneath between episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbQ-aloK2M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I actually think the new style is an improvement.

That and the actual animation is some of the best it's been in the entire series.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The animation is absurdly smooth and lively, but the stills of faces I see (especially on Ash) just feel so off.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's either to show his cheeks being darker like they're flushed, or it's to give like dimensionality to his face. Seems like one of those things that's more an artifact of linework that they could get across better in coloring.

Or maybe his face is just all scuffed up and dirty because he's still a kid and has gone 20 years without a bath.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I always wished they drew him like they did in the Pokemon Adventures manga, before they switched artists. I wish everything was drawn like that.

IT GETS DIZZY CHASING A LEAF AND FALLS ASLEEP.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Waffleman_ posted:

That and the actual animation is some of the best it's been in the entire series.

After all these years, seeing how good a lot of stuff in the SunMoon anime can look, it's kind of mind blowing.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Started watching this show Counterfeit Cat on a whim and I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before, it's really really funny.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Tons of new Miraculous details coming out now that season 2 is only a couple of months away. They seem to have dropped the specials (Halloween, China and New York) for now as there's no mention of them in the S2 promo; instead they're doing a two-parter ('The Heroes' Day') and a three-parter ('Battle of the Queens').

Also confirmed: Chloe, Alya and Nino all get Miraculouseseses to become Queen B, Rena Red and Carapace; Master Fu is either going to retire or die because Nino gets his Miraculous, with Marinette apparently becoming the new guardian of his box o' kwamis; there are (French) celebrity guest stars doing voices for two villains; about a dozen new kwamis have been revealed in concept art; Adrien's mother is shown as the holder of the Peacock Miraculous; Ladybug and Cat Noir get toy-friendly alt-modes - er, new powers and costumes; Princess Fragrance, Reflekta and Horrificator will make return appearances, with Gabriel, the mayor, Penny, Gorilla (and possibly, based on the villain forms, Natalie and Marinette's dad) all being akumatised. Just to gently caress with the "is Gabriel really Hawk Moth or not?" question even further after he was confirmed as an akuma victim, there's a shot of the Collector inside Hawk Moth's chamber, the first time anyone but him has been seen there...

I'm looking forward to the return of this goofy-rear end French cartoon way more than I should be. :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like the fourth Powerpuff Girl thing being shown as a single movie rather than the weeklong bomb it was clearly meant to be, and it not being promoted on the network at all until a week before is basically the final nail in the coffin for the reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like the fourth Powerpuff Girl thing being shown as a single movie rather than the weeklong bomb it was clearly meant to be, and it not being promoted on the network at all until a week before is basically the final nail in the coffin for the reboot.

Who loving knows at this point if they're continuing to funnel seasons and money into it just out of spite and/or habit at this point. None of the other 2016 era shows have lasted as long as NuPPG and with how little the network cares about actual television ratings, it might have as big of a cult following/hate following as OG TT had back in the day, but for app viewings. I sure as hell don't know and don't have the means to use it at this point.

And speaking of that, did they ever do anything with Apple and Onion, Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island or did those get shitcanned?