Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As near as I can tell, the "station" he's going to is a gas station/convenience store that, I'm guessing, also sells bus tickets and has a place to put baggage, which makes them "a greyhound station." My bet is that if he can get his box there, they'll give it to him, but getting it there - and having them help him get it there - may be the bigger challenge. This is assuming they find it at all.

I really hope you guys declared full value and got insurance with the box. That's an expensive bike to not insure.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wait thats the same loving story as north platte the last actual greyhound station was loving denver why can they ship to ogallala and not loving platte

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

As near as I can tell, the "station" he's going to is a gas station/convenience store that, I'm guessing, also sells bus tickets and has a place to put baggage, which makes them "a greyhound station." My bet is that if he can get his box there, they'll give it to him, but getting it there - and having them help him get it there - may be the bigger challenge. This is assuming they find it at all.

I really hope you guys declared full value and got insurance with the box. That's an expensive bike to not insure.

No we were never told any of it they just signed us in

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dont actually buy me a bike idiots btw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually kind of amazing they didn't try to upsell you on insurance.

this is your greyhound station in Ogallala

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Holy
poo poo

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Wait, it's another loving gas station? That makes no sense, unless they've got like, a warehouse/storage room or something. :psyduck:

Although, from my travels, there were a few freight stops in the middle of nowhere like that, so it may be the case.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Leperflesh posted:

Ogallala Greyhound lists a local phone number while North Platte lists the generic 800 number.
That leads me to believe that it is staffed by someone who works for/represents greyhound unlike North Platte.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Eat Dogs

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nm posted:

Ogallala Greyhound lists a local phone number while North Platte lists the generic 800 number.
That leads me to believe that it is staffed by someone who works for/represents greyhound unlike North Platte.

Yeah that's my thinking as well. There may be someone inside who has a greyhound hat. They may or may not be 100% greyhound, or perhaps just a store clerk who can do greyhound transactions. Who the gently caress knows.

Most likely it qualifies as a place GH will send lost luggage because they have a secure room to put it in, vs. a bus stop where a driver is not gonna just unload a lost bag and leave it at the curb and drive away (ok who are we kidding, of course they would do that).

Has anyone tried calling/contacting the original station (seattle?) to see if they still have the bike box?

What are the odds they intentionally didn't upsell insurance or give a baggage claim ticket because they immediately stole the box as soon as it went into the back room?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nm posted:

I assume it's like Uhaul and some station employee is 'grayhound trained' to hand out tickets and they have a separate register for it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

everdave posted:

14 fed some show horses in exchange for a ride

Hey so I was wondering about this though. 14", you... fed horses?

is "fed some show horses" code for sucking dick

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Plinkey posted:

I assume it's like Uhaul and some station employee is 'grayhound trained' to hand out tickets and they have a separate register for it.

That's still someone who likely has someone who can call that isn't greyhound external facing CS.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I last saw the bike in salt lake sitting with the rest of the luggage being loaded, was told to board the bus. Next change in denver, no box, got told i should have made sure it got loaded and nearly got arrested for kicking over all their trash cans

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, best case scenario: it wouldn't fit on the denver-bound bus in SLC, so they decided to put it on the next bus or something, and now maybe it's in Denver. In this case, they may be able to get it to you in Ogallala by tomorrow.

Worst case scenario is it was stolen in SLC or Denver and is now gone. You'll get maybe $250 from them, eventually, and a lawyer isn't gonna help.

Somewhere between these two scenarios is the other bad scenario where you are stuck in Ogallala for multiple days waiting for the box to maybe arrive or maybe not arrive, while it remains in limbo.

We should try plan for each case what we are gonna do, instead of being 100% reactive.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Is there greyhound station in valentine?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Is there greyhound station in valentine?

Lmao no its the middle of loving nowhere

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Hey so I was wondering about this though. 14", you... fed horses?

is "fed some show horses" code for sucking dick

Goodbye horses

Shout out to yosposters and my sunburn

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Unf, that screamin chicken is just :flashfap:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

How much to get dave's license back and buy him a bitchen' pontiac.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
An el Camino (he can put the vw in the back)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I found an unopened beer

Out here. It didnt taste that great at whatever hot temp brown glass reaches in the sun.

Patches waiting to go on something

Goodnight, Paxton.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sunnO)) is good

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

That has to be so warm.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
You are stuck in Limbogallala. Within the city lies your enemy, The Grey Hound. The Hound has cast an illusion spell upon most of your inventory, including your beloved bike! You cannot divine its location, but The Hound has left clues, and with time, your inventory may reappear. Every passing moment is time lost on your true quest, but you can not move on without your bike. What do you do?

Dave current inventory:
Patches
Beer bottle (empty)
Wallet
USSR Flag
Hotel Coffee
Hotel Soap

Active Quests:
-Recover the bike
-Get to Valentine (Part 2)
-Resurrect Trukk (Part 2)
-Ride to Valhalla

Completed Quests:
-Get to Valentine (Part 1)
-Burn Jeep as offering
-Resurrect Trukk (Part 1)

Failed Quests:
-Repair Biturbo

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You know you can piss into a screw top beer and put the lid back on, and I'm not 100% sure you could taste the difference from bud light...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Anuvin posted:

You are stuck in Limbogallala. Within the city lies your enemy, The Grey Hound. The Hound has cast an illusion spell upon most of your inventory, including your beloved bike! You cannot divine its location, but The Hound has left clues, and with time, your inventory may reappear. Every passing moment is time lost on your true quest, but you can not move on without your bike. What do you do?

Dave current inventory:
Patches
Beer bottle (empty)
Wallet
USSR Flag
Hotel Coffee
Hotel Soap

Active Quests:
-Recover the bike
-Ride to Valhalla

Completed Quests:
-Burn Jeep as offering

Failed Quests:
-Repair Biturbo

Voted 5

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Anuvin posted:

Dave current inventory:
Patches
Beer bottle (empty)
Wallet
USSR Flag
Hotel Coffee
Hotel Soap

Active Quests:
-Recover the bike
-Ride to Valhalla

Completed Quests:
-Burn Jeep as offering

Failed Quests:
-Repair Biturbo

:aaaaa:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Quest Complete: Escape the Emerald City

You have lost Karma with the faction(s):
Motorcycle Gang
Maserati Enthusiasts
Seattle PD
The Grey Hound

You have gained Karma with the faction(s):
Automotive Insanity
Church of the Vee Eight

The Grey Hound is now your enemy!

Skill in survival has increased by 1.

You have gained the perk: Iron Belly
You have activated the perk: Wild Wasteland

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think we can add avoided being the burning man human sacrifice as a challenge completed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Quest Complete: Escape the Emerald City

You have lost Karma with the faction(s):
Motorcycle Gang
Maserati Enthusiasts
Seattle PD
The Grey Hound

You have gained Karma with the faction(s):
Automotive Insanity
Church of the Vee Eight

The Grey Hound is now your enemy!

Skill in survival has increased by 1.

You have gained the perk: Iron Belly
You have activated the perk: Wild Wasteland

Nice

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Leperflesh posted:

This is the convenience store from twin peaks season 4

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Leperflesh posted:

"YOU ARE NOWHERE"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beware any establishment with a permanent "now hiring" sign. It speaks of an alarming level of managerial desperation - you may be shanghaied into service.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

"Huh, wonder why the truck thread has 3x as many new posts as the chat thread" *click*

"... :stonkhat::hf::wtc:"

I can't help financially (I'm basically living on ramen at the moment), but if things keep going pear shaped, I have a futon in my living room with clean sheets, and live about 10 minutes (walking distance) from a stop on DART's 385 route (which goes to a transit center that'll get you into Dallas). The Dallas Greyhound station is less than 1/4 mile from one of the DART rail stations too.

DICK DICER posted:

Phone situation previously on verizon using dannos donated phone, currently on carrier locker metro pcs galaxy j3 prime

The upside is your phone will work anywhere that T-Mobile has service, since Metro is essentially a T-Mobile MVNO these days (even though T-Mobile owns them).

The downside is T-Mobile is absolute garbage in BFE.

kzersatz posted:

MetroPCS service is notoriously spotty once you get out of urban areas, sometimes you can pick up cellular service for other niche carriers like Cricket.

I worked for them as a CSR for awhile many years back, people ALWAYS got angry when their phone didn't work once they stepped outside the city...

Honest question, did you work for them when they were still CDMA, or after T-Mobile took over? Coverage outside of towns isn't nearly as much of an issue now that they're a T-Mobile MVNO, but T-Mobile is still poo poo when you get to BFE (pretty good in major metro areas though). They were an absolute shitshow in DFW once you got into even first ring suburbs back when they had their own CDMA network.

:spergin: Metro's own coverage map shows much of NE is "partner" coverage (including North Platte - but oddly enough, shows Valentine as having LTE), but Metro SIMs don't roam onto other carriers for anything AFAIK, so I don't get why they even bother showing that. I think prepaid T-Mobile (as in directly with T-Mobile; not metro, not another MVNO, etc) will roam onto AT&T for voice, but won't roam for data.

Also, Cricket isn't really a "niche" carrier these days. Cricket, like Metro, used to operate their own CDMA network; just like Metro, their CDMA network got shut down after they got bought by AT&T, and like Metro, they now operate as a wholly-owned AT&T MVNO. Cricket is 100% GSM these days; if you're in an area with AT&T towers, a Cricket phone will have service. And much like Metro, Cricket phones/SIMs won't roam onto other carriers (AFAIK).

I have 2 phones at the moment.. my work phone is on a prepaid T-Mobile plan, my personal phone is on a Cricket plan. Both are unlocked GSM devices, never issued by a carrier (both purchased direct from the manufacturer - one is a 2014 Moto X, one is a Nexus 6P). Both pretty much always have voice service, but depending where I'm at, one or the other won't have data service. The T-Mobile phone is almost always on LTE (when it has data), and loses data far less frequently; the Cricket phone spends a lot of time on HSPA or HSPA+ when I'm in the suburbs. Swapping SIMs between them has those coverage issues following the SIM. I assume they're roaming onto each other's networks when I lose data. :spergin:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 7, 2017

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Holy poo poo, gently caress greyhound.

I Believe dave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bz6UMwCquM

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 7, 2017

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

"YOU ARE NOWHERE"
A low rumbling noise from the fuel pumps hums steadily while you walk up through the near-deserted lot
---- You see a BUS DEPOT sign and step up to the counter

:tipshat: "how can I help you today sir"

:black101: "I have traveled here with Grey Hound has and it hosed it all up. I need you reroute my luggage to this... station"

:ohdear: "Oh no, how unfortunate! I'm afraid I can't help you with that, I just make sandwiches over here... It's.. I'm sorry but you'll need to head to... them... The Grey Hound itself.. the Depot... Maybe they can..."

:black101: "Wait, is that not here??"

:ohdear: "no, he... I mean it is, the entrance is.. you are right there, just a moment... I'm sorry sir"

He hits the grey square case from behind the counter with a broom handle, and shuts the window on you. The echo is weirdly long for a case this size. The rumble in the background gets louder

You notice no one is pumping gas

Now that you think of it, no one was pumping gas when you came in either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well at least Dave can earn some money while he is waiting for his bike. Someone has to cook the dogs.

• Locked thread