Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure besides eating food for buffs there must be something they can do to deal with stuff like those really powerful imperial robots right?

Only Cup Noodles can save you in situations like that.

(Also, it's a Final Fantasy so I'm sure you can find ludicrously overpowered equipment or spells or whatever if you know just where to look and/or grind out all the required crafting ingredients. But gently caress if I know where any of that is, I gave up on the series at #13.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kase moch posted:

But I'm still mad they add all these improvements long after release. Let's punish early players!

I was going to effort post, but instead I'll just say: yes, please punish early players. Stop supporting companies that release half-finished games.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah "stop improving the game" is a weird tack to take

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm more upset the way they're doing it and the unbelievably slow pace. That poll, where they asked for input on what to put in next. That shouldn't be the approach to take. Just make it all and put it into the drat game already. Asking for fan feedback on how to put stuff into the game was the approach they took in making it. Do what you want Squeenix, stop looking for approval. And yes, I realize the inherent irony in me saying that.

I mean, poo poo, they released the Afrosword way before the bestiary. That's just unacceptable.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 2, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know why people bought this game.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I liked this game and I'm eagerly looking forward to the finished version, but I still think Squeenix is being a bunch of tools about it. Brotherhood and Kingsglaive shouldn't even exist in the first place. If you're going to take all that time to animate something, put it to screen, and set it to music and voice acting, make it part of the main game. Not some side story/supplemental material nonsense.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

goatface posted:

Well, at least Noctis won't have his dad punish him for loving up the car.

He should be happy about it. That car was a pile of poo poo that only went 10 miles an hour and broke down less than five minutes after they left.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Skeleton King posted:

He should be happy about it. That car was a pile of poo poo that only went 10 miles an hour and broke down less than five minutes after they left.

i can't be assed to check, but i think the king intentionally had it set to break down so his son would be hidden in the middle of nowhere when the giant invasion the king knew about but did nothing to stop kicked off

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I'm all for punishing companies that release unfinished games. Please tell me where to sign up to find out which games are unfinished when they release before I buy them.

Don't tell me game reviewers. This game was fellatiated by reviewers on release.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Conan O'Brien did a great review. I'm not going to link it since I can't remember if there are spoilers. All I remember is Elijah Wood was high and they never found any coherent plot.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
When is Elijah Wood not high?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i can't be assed to check, but i think the king intentionally had it set to break down so his son would be hidden in the middle of nowhere when the giant invasion the king knew about but did nothing to stop kicked off

What an rear end in a top hat.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Astrofig posted:

When is Elijah Wood not high?

If the Sin City movie's faithful to the books I'm sure he gets pretty low.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What an rear end in a top hat.

Look, "get the prince out of town before we're hit by an invasion I can't stop" is a good plan but id doesn't work if when the attack hits the prince is on a boat headed straight for a friendly but Imperial-controlled city. Better if they're at a remote mechanic run by an old and trusted friend.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was probably hoping he'd be distracted by the massive rack.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Buying the game turned out to be just one more in a long list of mistakes I've made in my life, I am just too bad at the combat and everything else is tedious af. Back to watching this.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Take me home country roads
to the place i belong
that crown city
thats really lovely

Would rather squeenix make The Bouncer 2 than a new final fantasy.

If they end up DLC'ing ff15 into a good game imma be mean mad

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Bruceski posted:

Look, "get the prince out of town before we're hit by an invasion I can't stop" is a good plan but id doesn't work if when the attack hits the prince is on a boat headed straight for a friendly but Imperial-controlled city. Better if they're at a remote mechanic run by an old and trusted friend.

King Dad was cool, I'd much rather the game had been about him than the four doofuses we got.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Zoe posted:

King Dad was cool, I'd much rather the game had been about him than the four doofuses we got.

Sort of how a Jecht prequel would have made a better game than X-2.

BAJ if you will.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

coleman francis posted:

If they end up DLC'ing ff15 into a good game imma be mean mad

saaaaaame

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Smoky Bandana posted:

Sort of how a Jecht prequel would have made a better game than X-2.

that this game was never made still breaks my heart

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Why, oh why, wasn't the offroading ability in the base game from the start? Not the monster truck upgrade and jumping, but just basic offroading?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Why are there loving walls everywhere in an "open world" game?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why does everyone run up and throw you backwards 20 feet or put you in a full-nelson every time they want to bring up a new objective in a fight?

Why is the car so drat slow?

Why is there only half a character between all these NPCs and your party so far?

Why are parts of the story a movie?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
In short, WHYYYYYYY????

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It took me until now to realize that Noctis' alternate outfit is pro fishing gear. :downs:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still haven't gotten over Gladiolus literally stopping you to give you a Cup Noodle advertisement, holy poo poo that was the worst

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Personally I'm a fan of lovely companies being like, "hey man, don't give us money ever again. We're good." It really frees up my time.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

:what:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Mo Prompto mo pictures.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Mo Pictures mo Promptos.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
I don't know, I think that picture could have more Promptos in it.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Who do I have to kill at Square to get a Ject character action game?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Who do I have to kill at Square to get a Ject character action game?

Sin

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

But... but...

:human being:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 39: Bandunk Takes the Wheel

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Less than one minute in and I think you've discovered the most useless upgrade in any video game ever. Use up you tech bar to have Prompto take more useless photos :negative:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Oh man, on every jump Prompto throws up his hand for a high five, but they didn't commit to the animation so he whiffs every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Gorilla Salad posted:

Less than one minute in and I think you've discovered the most useless upgrade in any video game ever. Use up you tech bar to have Prompto take more useless photos :negative:

The photos make us laugh; not much else does.

Except sweet jumps.

• Locked thread