Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

I hope the navy doesn't accidentally crash into the hurricane

You're a mod again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M_Gargantua posted:

It sounds like a hell train

Its bringing really bad loving memories for me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/Team_Trump45/status/905619896859492353

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That wind noise is terrifying. :stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress that poo poo jesus christ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

whats the latest track projections past Georgia? Im wondering how much more time before we start talking serious poo poo above the mason-dixon

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Smiling Jack posted:

You guys always wimp out and let the cops make the actual death notification

Haha, my area is feuding with the local PDs over police contracts so we haven't had regular police for over 3 years. They only respond if there's a chance they might get to shoot someone.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Don't worry that's just Irma's death-screams as she dies on the mountains

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mayor of chicago just banned trump from the city

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mayor of chicago just banned trump from the city

Hopefully all of new england will ban him next

I'd be stoked if he was banned from NYC

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Good luck enforcing that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I think i'm missing someone so if you haven't gotten anything from me say hi.

Also I'll leave that up till the morning probably

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Waroduce posted:

got the app just have no idea how to find you

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Good luck enforcing that

Imagine if Trump tired to hold a rally in Chicago with no municipal Chicago support? No Chicago police, no barricades, etc

It would be glorious and I want to see him try. As if he was breaking a blockade with him as the sole blockade runner, swamped by assailants on all sides as he and his protective detail tried to reach the tiny crowd out to support him.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

got the app just have no idea how to find you

upper left, click and press add by username. goons are dumb

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm pretty sure I added you Waroduce.

If not, lol, I'm sure some 14 year old is going to be really confused as to why someone named Handsome Ralph added them on snapchat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Waroduce posted:

Hard shell tacos? You're a monster.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Hard shell tacos? You're a monster.

wtf is this nonsense

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can someone explain to me how hurricane hunter aircraft don't just get swatted out of the sky? I know commercial aviation is ultra conservative when it comes to weather, but it amazes me that an airplane can physically survive inside something like that.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

M_Gargantua posted:

Imagine if Trump tired to hold a rally in Chicago with no municipal Chicago support? No Chicago police, no barricades, etc

The city cops can't stand the mayor. And with all the recent pay and staffing issues, all the feds have to do is say they'll sign the OT slips and the entire department will probably show up.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

psydude posted:

Can someone explain to me how hurricane hunter aircraft don't just get swatted out of the sky? I know commercial aviation is ultra conservative when it comes to weather, but it amazes me that an airplane can physically survive inside something like that.
I had to look it up, and apparently there has only been one hurricane hunter that's gone down on a mission. And it was in, like, the 1940s or something.

Knock on wood.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 7, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah if I remember correctly it's not like the airframe can't handle the stresses, and those pilots p tend to be better trained than their contemporaries.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
An airplane doesn't really care how fast the air it's in is moving relative to the ground, other than during takeoff and landing. Turbulence is the main issue, and a combination of sturdy airframe and very experienced pilots helps with that.

Oh, and they're all completely loving insane. That helps too.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I had to look it up, and apparently there has only been one hurricane hunter that's gone down on a mission. And it was in, like, the 1940s or something.

There are, however, instances like the plane that lost an engine in the eye of a storm (not, like, physically separated from the plane, just shut down) and had to spend a few hours flying tight circles inside the eye, waiting for a break to fly through since they couldn't get enough altitude to fly back out the way they normally would. Or something along those lines, it's been a while since I read that story.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

Pure magic, along with a set of the biggest brass balls you've ever seen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah if I remember correctly it's not like the airframe can't handle the stresses, and those pilots p tend to be better trained than their contemporaries.

I think the main thing is that its not like a supercell thunderstorm where you randomly get downbursts.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm pretty sure I added you Waroduce.

If not, lol, I'm sure some 14 year old is going to be really confused as to why someone named Handsome Ralph added them on snapchat.

U added a 14 year old but if ur handle is handsomeralph I'll add you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think I added Waroduce, time to enjoy the show

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I think the main thing is that its not like a supercell thunderstorm where you randomly get downbursts.

I actually think one of the cases of a hurricane hunter planes losing an engine was due to flying into something that caused them to lose lift, I don't know what the gently caress you would call it though considering air doesn't really move downward in a hurricane.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Miami-Dade County just got a mandatory evacuation order for the coastal parts.

https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/905636503379947521

https://twitter.com/MiamiDadeCounty/status/905603700227530752

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I just added like 7 of you. So I don't wanna post weird poo poo to my story since I have irl people so I'll be makeing a goon group tag tomorrow AM EST I will snap too

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My gf has to go into work for a half day tomorrow regardless so fuckkkkkkkk

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Okay, but what does this mean for the next season of Ballers?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

^ vegas!

orange juche posted:

I actually think one of the cases of a hurricane hunter planes losing an engine was due to flying into something that caused them to lose lift, I don't know what the gently caress you would call it though considering air doesn't really move downward in a hurricane.

This is the story you're referring to https://www.wunderground.com/resources/education/hugo1.asp

You can just skip to the eyewall part. https://www.wunderground.com/resources/education/hugo4.asp

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 7, 2017

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Dude has dogs, I'm game.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

This is metal as gently caress and I think it put some hairs on my nuts

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I added you if that's ok... for hurricane update poo poo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Waroduce posted:

My gf has to go into work for a half day tomorrow regardless so fuckkkkkkkk

think i added you.

new fangled tech

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how mad is paul ryan right now

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how mad is paul ryan right now
He's trying to forget about it by furiously tugging on Little Ayn while imagining a family being evicted from their home on Christmas and freezing to death on the sidewalk because they have nowhere to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jfc he looked like such a defeated bitch

• Locked thread