Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Emanuel Collective posted:

He really has been good. The Bears are taking a risk that he'll clear waivers so he can get signed to the practice squad. But I don't understand why they'd take that risk. They're far and away the worst receiving corps in the league and they're already lost Meredith for the year.

Don't lie, the Jets are still an NFL team for the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

-5 Receivers (TJ Jones and Jared Abbrederis ended up making the cut)

congratulations to future leading jersey seller Jared Abbrederis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SIGN AUSTIN CARR NOW YOU FUCKERS

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

He flashed on the Packers then got concussed to death

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Pardon me I believe you misspelled "Kenny Golladay"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

He flashed on the Packers then got concussed to death

i know, which is why the amount of them in northeastern Wisconsin were extremely funny

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

i know, which is why the amount of them in northeastern Wisconsin were extremely funny

Eh, he was a fan favorite because he was such a great player for the Badgers. I'm sad he's on the lions now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patriots offered Drew Morgan a PS spot and he politely declined saying he wishes to not cheat

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Packers cutting better wrs than made the cut on lions, bears. Good luck Abby (except against Green Bay)

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

ESPN posted:

Vikings new-look offensive line going through blocking drills early in practice. Minnesota will debut five new starters at each position on OL after cutting LG Alex Boone on Saturday.

jesus

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TJ Clemmings was also thankfully cut

That's insane that every OL is a new starter though :lol:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Technically Berger is just shifting positions from C to RG but it's still crazy because I believe he, Nick Easton and Rashod Hill are the only ones who were even on the team last year.

e: wait, nope, sorry, missed Jeremiah Sirles. Still, was a lot of turnover. It can only really go up but I feel like it won't seem like it the first few weeks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hearing that teams are having trouble watching tape on glennon because they are laughing too hard at his whole gangly weirdo thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

hearing that teams are having trouble watching tape on glennon because they are laughing too hard at his whole gangly weirdo thing

I can't watch without wincing, so anecdotal evidence confirms it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/905461909838815234

rip Mike Glennon.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

:laffo:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'm p. sure that's a hoax you guys.

quote:

"That Gigantocervix is in fact extinct has been questioned by those who believe it survives as the Yeti of the Himalayas and the Sasquatch of the north-west American coast. But the evidence for these creatures is not convincing."

But the Gigantocervix's enormous neck-mass would have made it difficult for it to adopt a bipedal gait. It is far more likely that it would be a quadrupedal grazer, akin to Odocoileus virginianus or Giraffa camelopardalis.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go li on!

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

How many games will it take this year to realize rooting for the lions is only a path to misery? Six?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Parallelwoody posted:

How many games will it take this year to realize rooting for the lions is only a path to misery? Six?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
An article about the NFL's kindest owner, Martha Ford.

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/martha-ford-tries-to-whip-detroits-embattled-football-team-into-shape/Content?oid=5394155

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Parallelwoody posted:

This year?

Edit:

quote:

"All I know is she wants to win," says Ernie Accorsi, who was hired to help in the GM search. "She wants this so badly. She really does. She's tired of losing."

Aren't we loving all, Martha :sigh:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 8, 2017

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sure. With every offseason brings renewed optimism that gets soundly crushed usually by game 3-4 but sometimes they pretend like they belong and win a stretch of games and back into a playoff spot. I figure we're all grizzled vets of rooting for this poo poo show franchise so the bar for giving up on the season is set a little lower. At least they signed Stafford and didn't let him walk like Suh.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face in sports. You just look at the guy and your gut reaction is just to lay him out. He can't help but look smug.

Yaws fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 9, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Sorry Sean Payton is the GOAT for punchable faces in sports.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Is Jimmy Clausen still on a team?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Yaws posted:

Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face in sports. You just look at the guy and your gut reaction is just to lay him out. He can't help but look smug.

Still would

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

JGdmn posted:

gently caress, beat me to it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

JGdmn posted:

Never forget

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Marty Bennett is the best signing Ted has made since Charles Woodson. :love:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Dropping Cutler for Glennon already cost one win.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Are you loving high? Glennon won that game twice, his receivers hosed up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bears need wideouts whose bones aren't made out of Necco wafers.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Lions!

- the Lions won!
- I got a Matthew Stafford bobblehead when I got to the game!
- the Lions did nothing for the time I had to see business clients, then began to play at a convenient time and won!

THE LIONS!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Marty Bennett is the best signing Ted has made since Charles Woodson. :love:

i could have done without the personal foul in the particular situation he did it in but then he won the game like 3 plays later so all is forgiven

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kyle Murphy filled in for Bulaga and looked.... good? I mean, he gave up a sack and some pressures, but your first start against that front? poo poo give Bulaga another week off that ankle just to make sure.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Q_res posted:

Are you loving high? Glennon won that game twice, his receivers hosed up.

This is somewhat lost because Glennon didn't look great most of that game but on the end drive he hit his receivers dead in the hands twice and they just hosed him. I think the third time too was reasonably close

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'll admit, I only watched the closing drive. But Glennon looked really solid and did basically everything he could to win that game on that drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

adaz posted:

This is somewhat lost because Glennon didn't look great most of that game but on the end drive he hit his receivers dead in the hands twice and they just hosed him. I think the third time too was reasonably close

Glennon looked fine most of the game.

All he was asked to do is not turn the ball over, and play conservative. When he was asked to actually pass it in the late drives he was able to do so and keep moving the chains. Also The gently caress I'm throwing to any of those receiving options unless I have absolutely no choice to but to do so.

Cohen? Howard? Ya'll are gonna be our entire offense I guess.

The Bears only chance at winning is going to be playing games like this. Heavy RB feature, with some TE catches, while milking as much clock as humanly possible.

We currently have negative Wide receiving options on the team.

• Locked thread