Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Wha. Why not

Not level 5 probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I feel awkward playing the new Chromie... 80 sand blasts seem to take quite a while to accrue. :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I feel awkward playing the new Chromie... 80 sand blasts seem to take quite a while to accrue. :(

Get gud. That's only 13 hits in a row. At 2.5 sec cooldown, you can have that done in the first minute of the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Toshimo posted:

Get gud. That's only 13 hits in a row. At 2.5 sec cooldown, you can have that done in the first minute of the game.

Eh? Even if you take Mounting Sand, 13 hits in a row would still only be 36 out of 80.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Toshimo posted:

Consecutive hits don't give 1+2+3+4+5+..., they give +2 for each (unless you get the talent that makes it stack to +3.)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MisterZimbu posted:

Not level 5 probably

Ah okay, didn't know that was a rule. Makes sense I suppose

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

wiegieman posted:

Consecutive hits don't give 1+2+3+4+5+..., they give +2 for each (unless you get the talent that makes it stack to +3.)

Gross

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

wiegieman posted:

So, it's 1+2+2+2+... untalented and 1+2+3+3+... talented?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Toshimo posted:

So, it's 1+2+2+2+... untalented and 1+2+3+3+... talented?

Yes. It's a fun mini-game, and good Chromie's will still be good, but it'll be much harder to learn her now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Who has the hardest skillshot to land ingame?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Toshimo posted:

Zagara's Infested Drop comes to mind for me, it's a small AOE with a long delay. There are probably worse, but it's the first one I think of.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Gotta think Malth or Artanis.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
For me it's Diablo's flip, which is weird because it's a targeted ability

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gazlowe's stun bomb is the most difficult skillshot because it has an enormous tell and takes three years to actually go off once it lands.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Toshimo posted:

Getting a center hit with Brightwing's Q. Slow missile with a small target.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Every placement game I had tonight had an idiot nova. I havent seen nova in what feels like months. Did she get buffed or is this something to do with it being the start of a new season.

Start of the new season plus people think mmm yes new caster I can kill him with Nova awesome! But they don't realize oh wait Nova is still loving garbage especially outside of bronze league. I have seen a ton of Novas played recently and tried it myself... still worthless.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Played a few games with new Leoric and I'm still not sure what to make of the changes. I think he feels good right now because his numbers are way too high and I wouldn't be surprised if he rocketed up ban priority list and eventually ate a nerf.

In terms of the actual mechanical changes that were made, a lot of it seems like fluff that only serves to make decisions like "who do I target with drain hope?" or "When do I harass champions/kill minions while laning?" or "where should I aim this Skeletal Swing?" a little easier. Mithril Mace is cool if only because more attack speed = more fun, but Blizzard said that their main goal was to "add some depth into his wave clear routine" and I'm really not seeing anything more besides attempting to group minions to get maximum coverage and angles on cleave.

Toshimo posted:

Stitches hook if only for the fact that you're mostly using it from max range and have to thread it through minions/walls/champions to get the target you want.

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 6, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
People are gonna still play him like Murky so unless they just straight up take away his undying poo poo I'm still gonna be annoyed when I have one on my team

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I can already tell this patch is extremely balanced.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

New Chromie is fun, you can stack Q quickly if people are dumb enough to brawl mid for 5 minutes at the start. Didn't get too much value from Timely Surprise so far, I was expecting more on this front.

Morales is decent, the shield talents are really good. (haven't tried the grenade build which looks like a trap to me) cutting medivac's health in half really hurts for last ditch escapes though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mind over Matter posted:

Zagara's Infested Drop comes to mind for me, it's a small AOE with a long delay. There are probably worse, but it's the first one I think of.

On the plus side if she misses she still gets her perfectly serviceable little pets.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Do lost Vikings have a purpose beyond weird xp soaking strats?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Reality Winner posted:

Not really (that and objective taking). I kind of hate them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Reality Winner posted:

No, they're just everywhere while the rest of the team roams as a 4-man.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Reality Winner posted:

Being annoying little shits that soak every lane while their team goes around loving things up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
For a game whose entire gimmick is short matches, matches are still 25% longer than they need to be.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Reality Winner posted:

For a game whose entire gimmick is short matches, matches are still 25% longer than they need to be.

This is because most people are afraid to try and end even when they have enough advantage to do so, I feel.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
gently caress i hadnt realized they nerfed (removed) medics level 20 shield talent too. she's so dogshit now :(

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mind over Matter posted:

This is because most people are afraid to try and end even when they have enough advantage to do so, I feel.
Push core? But there are still camps up!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Relin posted:

gently caress i hadnt realized they nerfed (removed) medics level 20 shield talent too. she's so dogshit now :(

Honestly, the level 20 upgrade to Reactor is pretty good still, even if not as crazy as it used to be. 6% feels almost closer to what the baseline of the trait should be. I feel fairly certain that she will be numerically buffed in the next big balance patch, and that one of the things they might do is up her base trait to 3 or 4%. I do dislike that the only way to get shields is tied to a grenade talent, now. Grenade talents are fun but you will also spend a lot of time accidentally saving your enemies with them.

Her other level 20 options are actually good now, which is new and frightening. Safe Zone makes Medivac a little more usable for backdoors and possibly again as an oh-poo poo button, depending on if the Protected applies on it being destroyed. I have not checked. Reinforcements will be awesome if you have a coordinated team on comms who can make use of it, and it also cuts the normal cooldown in half. Hyperactivity puts Stim on a 45 second cooldown, which at 20+ means if you've got a good ranged AA person you can use it to try and win a team fight, then it will probably be back up by the time you push to core.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I been playing a bit of Morales lately and she seems alright. I didn't really play her in her previous incarnation though. I like it when you stim one of your teammates and they engage properly and just go ham and cheese all over the enemy team.

Been playing the new Leoric and he is super strong. His waveclear is still strong, it's just not ridiculous like it was with level 4 Royal Focus. I feel like you can be a lot more varied with your talent choices now, which I think is a positive thing. Also is MOTBK good now? I've been using it and it really increases your sustain. Had a great team wipe where I got a 5 man March and it was just gross. Bodies all over the place

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm so it seems Morales change wasn't so much no resource for the heal but instead that when you aren't healing you regen your resource at the same rate as using the heal. Also a level 1 talent to gain the resource upon hitting enemies.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Ryuujin posted:

Hmm so it seems Morales change wasn't so much no resource for the heal but instead that when you aren't healing you regen your resource at the same rate as using the heal. Also a level 1 talent to gain the resource upon hitting enemies.

Yeah, heal still uses resource but it's a smaller pool of fast regenerating. The "no resource" change was to Safeguard and Displacement Grenade, they do not cost anything other than being limited by cooldowns.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It's a change for the better imo. You lose a fair bit of sustained healing in exchange for sustainable healing. Now that you don't have to go back to base for any reason really, you can just switch between lanes keeping people topped off. Feels real good to use displacement grenade to secure a kill, or even get the killing blow.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Feels real good to use displacement grenade to secure a kill, or even get the killing blow.

Or, if you're playing with Kel'thuzad on your team, to knock enemies out of their Novas and Fissures

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

So 30 games into new Leoric, and starting to have second opinions.

You can't miss either of his long cooldown abilities or you lose. Even then, you lose when you miss bad touch. his armor is easily shredded and there is no recoup from it.

I am missing Reanimation now more than ever and wonder why it was removed and why it wasn't baked in. There is only 1 armor that requires you to hit bad touch to keep it active, and no spell shield.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Added to wish list: New rehgar skin that's a wolf on two legs normally and an orc crawling on all fours in mount mode

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Seebach posted:

So 30 games into new Leoric, and starting to have second opinions.

You can't miss either of his long cooldown abilities or you lose. Even then, you lose when you miss bad touch. his armor is easily shredded and there is no recoup from it.

I am missing Reanimation now more than ever and wonder why it was removed and why it wasn't baked in. There is only 1 armor that requires you to hit bad touch to keep it active, and no spell shield.

What're your impressions on his build options? Like aa vs wraithwalk or whatever.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What're your impressions on his build options? Like aa vs wraithwalk or whatever.

I love blinding the stimmed mithril mace Leo, so if blinds are on the table don't go that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Mithril Mace with an abathur is like Chogall with almost none of the downsides.