Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Captain Invictus posted:

Most of these are from terrible, gormless boobs who can't handle on-topic posting in this thread. SA has gone soft, really.

quote:

Weird/Awesome Fanart

Well there's your problem.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Steven Universe fan art is getting more and more inscrutable.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

HGH posted:

How much of a thing is mermaids in wheelchairs?

Superman had a girlfriend in the 60s, Lori Lemaris, who was a mermaid but hid her identity under a huge lap blanket while she attended college classes. He went as far as proposing but their land/sea romance could never be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Clam Chowdown posted:

Well there's your problem.
Undertale is very awesome, so I don't know what kind of point you were trying to make.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
whether your baby game is awesome is not a topic under discussion

the non-awesomeness and general badness of the baby game fanart you keep spamming, however, is

Pittsburgh Lambic has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Sep 6, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Why is the majority of Midna fanart so gross?

Artists are freaks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

whether your baby game is awesome is not a topic under discussion

the non-awesomeness and general badness of the baby game fanart you keep spamming, however, is
Hmmm, nah.

Or should I say,

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

See, most of your major mermaid fan art has them either under the water or clinging to rocks & singing about princes and such. A wheelchair with a misting attachment is a perfectly sensible alternative to sea-hag based solutions

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Superman had a girlfriend in the 60s, Lori Lemaris, who was a mermaid but hid her identity under a huge lap blanket while she attended college classes. He went as far as proposing but their land/sea romance could never be.
I wanna say this is bullshit, but you can never be sure whether someone's making stuff up or not when you talk about the Silver Age.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Rangpur posted:

See, most of your major mermaid fan art has them either under the water or clinging to rocks & singing about princes and such. A wheelchair with a misting attachment is a perfectly sensible alternative to sea-hag based solutions

I wanna say this is bullshit, but you can never be sure whether someone's making stuff up or not when you talk about the Silver Age.

If it's bullshit, someone's put a lot of work into their prank.

quote:

Lori was first introduced in the story "The Girl in Superman's Past" in Superman #129 (May 1959). The story revealed that while attending Metropolis University, Clark met Lori, who was attending as a student and hiding her mermaid identity by posing as a wheelchair-using student with a blanket covering the lower half of her body. Clark and Lori soon fell in love with each other, but Clark started to wonder why Lori would repeatedly cut their dates short every night to return home at 8 PM. Clark eventually decided to propose marriage to Lori, but Lori told Clark that she couldn't marry him, and that she also had to return to her native country. Heartbroken, and growing suspicious of why Lori had to return home every night at a preset time, Clark investigated, and discovered Lori's mermaid secret. Lori, in turn, revealed that thanks to her people's telepathic powers, she knew that he was really Superman all along, but promised to keep the knowledge of his identity a secret. Lori also stated that since the two came from such different worlds, they could never be wed. After a parting kiss underwater, the two bid farewell to each other.

Lori made various appearances throughout the Silver Age Superman comics. Like many other minor DC characters, Lori was killed in the 1985 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Al_Grimm/status/905471563226423296

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Pretty sure the mermaid wheelchair thing cropped up a lot in however many ~secretly a mermaid~ Disney channel movies they made.

Also, there are definitely mermaid conventions where people get dressed up in fish tails and get around in wheelchairs.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Besesoth posted:

Steven Universe fan art is getting more and more inscrutable.

That's a different show.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

AweStriker posted:

That's a different show.

Pretty sure that's :thejoke:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uncanny

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Weird Al Yankovic is goddamn national treasure. He's going to get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame next year.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cartoon Man posted:

Weird Al Yankovic is goddamn national treasure. He's going to get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame next year.

How did he not get one years ago?!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Captain Invictus posted:

Most of these are from terrible, gormless boobs who can't handle on-topic posting in this thread. SA has gone soft, really.

Even if I thumbnailed images, they would still load the full image, so the skeleton king ought to look into better internet options, hopefully he has something better available in his area!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Is that Breaking Bad going on in the background?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
There's a whole genre of fanart out there that I dub "annoyingly long to scroll through" that seems to be solely propagated by Legend of Zelda and most prominently Undertale. I don't know why it triggers me so much but it always seems incredibly indulgent, especially from the latter.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
it's the 2017 equivalent to ponyposting

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No matter how good your fanart is people are gonna get sick of it if you almost exclusively post the same source over and over. Everyone aside from one special boy gets this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Deified Data posted:

There's a whole genre of fanart out there that I dub "annoyingly long to scroll through" that seems to be solely propagated by Legend of Zelda and most prominently Undertale. I don't know why it triggers me so much but it always seems incredibly indulgent, especially from the latter.

Because Undertale art, like the people who draw it, is mostly basically the same couple of jokes and themes drawn and redrawn over and over again. How many pictures are there of Sans floating just above the screen with a burning eye and an extended hand with skull monsters in the background?

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Internet Kraken posted:

No matter how good your fanart is people are gonna get sick of it if you almost exclusively post the same source over and over. Everyone aside from one special boy gets this.

Oh he gets it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Clam Chowdown posted:

Oh he gets it.

He absolutely gets it. It's just that being a contrarian is something of a brand, so the more people whine about it, the harder he does it.

https://twitter.com/RageNineteen/status/905462398529683456

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

If you don't like Undertale, put Invictus on ignore. For bonus points, stop posting about him.

I'm not going to punish him for posting fanart in the fanart thread when such a simple solution is available to you.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wow, does that post mean people are actually reporting someone for posting fanart in the fanart thread?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Is that Breaking Bad going on in the background?

I don't know, but I did just notice Spy masquerading as a garbage can.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sentient Data posted:

Wow, does that post mean people are actually reporting someone for posting fanart in the fanart thread?

Of course - this is Something Awful after all.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

speaking of annoyingly difficult to scroll through...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

I don't think it counts when that's the literal meaning of the song

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

:perfect:

Except this one. I doesn't really come across as a horror novel, more of slightly post-modern romance novel.

Either way, source?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

hard counter posted:

the one with Overwatch/Metal Gear

Window should have been Sniper Wolf imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If you don't like Undertale, put Invictus on ignore. For bonus points, stop posting about him.

I'm not going to punish him for posting fanart in the fanart thread when such a simple solution is available to you.

But but but, the ignore feature is for losers! If I do that how can I complain about this regular event in this one thread forever?! :qq:

• Locked thread