Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cyberpope v2 posted:

I think you mean the vector is cursed and coming across one in the wild means you are about to get instantly killed by someone you never saw.

This is my experience with 8x scopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousSmilingMeatloafPanicVis

This is the funniest clip I've seen in awhile.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Aah, first squad games tonight. Came across someone, and my teammates had a pistol each, I had nothing. My teammate and this person get into a firefight, and my teammate runs out of ammo, so I run up while the enemy is distracted and punch them to death. A perfect hail Mary play.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Say you run around a corner and stumble into another player. Is it better to focus on lining up that headshot or keep moving and weaving while shooting?

I feel like I center mass hit people a bunch without killing them so maybe I should go headshot or bust.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Arven posted:

Nah, I'm not in open fields. It usually happens when I'm cresting a hill or running between trees on a hillside. I believe people can be that good, I just thought it was bizarre because it seems I only run into them in solo games, not group matches.

The reason you get random-sniped a lot more in solo games is that the reward for long range potshots is much higher in solo games than in squad games. If you land a random Kar98 headshot on someone in a forest a thousand miles away in a squad game, he'll crawl into cover and get rezzed. If you do it in a solo game, he's gone and there's one less person for you to worry about. I take a lot more speculative shots in solos than in squad games.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

I wish I was good enough at this game to wipe out an entire squad solo in 10 seconds, casually try to start a conversation with one of them, and the only real reaction I'd have is to laugh when one of them team kills his guy with a grenade. Every time I get a kill, my heart is beating furiously like I just hit the go ahead 3 in Game 7 of The Finals.

I got my first suicide grenade kill yesterday (it wasn't intentional, I tried to toss the 'nade into the room the enemy had just ducked into, but he turned around, came back out and murdered me before I could throw it). Gotta admit, it was incredibly satisfying.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've noticed something peculiar about my really successful (Winning, 7+ kills) runs.

Is the M16 considered a better rifle than the others? I've had a ton more success with it compared to the M4, AKM or SCAR.

Even fully tricked out SCARs and M4s seem to fail me in critical moments, not sure why this is. I'm not particularly skilled in modern day shooters like this. (Am at 50 hours of playtime, leading distant targets is still janky and difficult)

Also, I want to moan about how little damage the revolver seems to do per second compared to the other pistols. I want that thing to be a death cannon, baby.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Xenaero posted:

Is the M16 considered a better rifle than the others?
(Am at 50 hours of playtime, leading distant targets is still janky and difficult)

the m16 has the fastest bullet time of the rifles so its the easiest to hit with

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The M16 is the best sniper rifle in the game. Also, never shoot a sniper rifle at anyone who's moving, its useless. I hope this helps.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VulgarandStupid posted:

The M16 is the best sniper rifle in the game.

We're on the same page.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Sorry no, the vector is also the best sniper

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

VulgarandStupid posted:

The M16 is the best sniper rifle in the game. Also, never shoot a sniper rifle at anyone who's moving, its useless. I hope this helps.

But wait until you reach the ELO where everyone is only allowed to use sickles.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Elentor posted:

We're on the same page.

It's true and it sucks :mad:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cyanidewolf posted:

But wait until you reach the ELO where everyone is only allowed to use sickles.

it's Elo you tardo.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's Elo you tardo.

Maybe he was talking about Electric Light Orchestra? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nkzaOPP6g

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I still keep all talk VoIP on for the little touches of humanity it offers. A guy took me down, fair and square. I congratulated him on his nice shooting, he thanked me and said it was luck. We wished each other good fortune for the rest of the evening, then said our farewells.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's Elo you tardo.

Look at this scrub still in the Elo, maybe once you get good you can get to the ELO bracket.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

played a match last night where I dropped military and looted two of those apartment-style buildings, yielding 4 SKSs and 0 optics

I genuinely do not remember the last time I found anything more than a 2x scope :shepface:

oh well got 5 kills that round which is p high for me. SCAR good :sun:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ghillie suit and a suppressed m4 is peak laughs

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
new gun, fog, FPP leaderboards next week- https://www.facebook.com/playbattlegrounds/posts/1905628939761021

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Oh boy another thing to go into the plane crates with a 0.1% spawn chance against 50% M249 and 49% Tommy gun.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
m249 needs its bipod

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
PU said its not a crate gun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

come on, sawn-off shotgun that goes in the pistol slot

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

buckets of buckets posted:

m249 needs its bipod

Not sure if I'm whooshing here but the m249 has it's bipod? smack a 4x scope on that baby, lie down in the grass and full-auto people down from 6 fields away

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Enigma89 posted:

Anyone else run a crossbow? Gun is pretty fun. I pretty much always run AR + Crossbow and stick to that unless I find a mauser/SKS/AWM/M24 to replace the crossbow.

I really like the crossbow because it is so satisfying getting crossbow kills. It has for sure lost me games though when I end up launching bolts at the last guy or two instead of mowing them down with my AR. Still, its a really fun weapon to use.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm ready for the desert map. I know he got some teaser shots, but do we have any idea when it will be out?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

NtotheTC posted:

Not sure if I'm whooshing here but the m249 has it's bipod? smack a 4x scope on that baby, lie down in the grass and full-auto people down from 6 fields away

No you're not whooshing but I could've sworn it didn't. Probably because weapon leaning on cover doesn't exist/is hosed

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The most appealing thing about the Crossbow is how quiet it is.

Sadly I can't aim worth dick with it so.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

edit: wrong thread

Since I'm here though, randomly saw that Deadmau5 was streaming PUBG on twitch, which was a weird thing to notice.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

buckets of buckets posted:

No you're not whooshing but I could've sworn it didn't. Probably because weapon leaning on cover doesn't exist/is hosed

Proning with the m249 definitely stabilizes it a lot

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you learn to lead them properly then movement isnt a problem. I've gotten plenty of kills from 200+ meters with moving targets. Most of the time they just start jumping around like idiots because they can't figure out where I am shooting from. I may not get headshots, but i do get lots of bloodsplash animations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cimber posted:

If you learn to lead them properly then movement isnt a problem. I've gotten plenty of kills from 200+ meters with moving targets. Most of the time they just start jumping around like idiots because they can't figure out where I am shooting from. I may not get headshots, but i do get lots of bloodsplash animations.

Lol oh word? Just lead them? People can't figure where you're hiding 250 meters away with an sks?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Cimber posted:

If you don't get headshots and still hit them the M16 is better than most snipers except maybe the DMRs.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Duckaerobics posted:

I'm ready for the desert map. I know he got some teaser shots, but do we have any idea when it will be out?

Indications from people in the know seem to point to we are not close to the New Map or Vaulting.

It will still be a while.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
New map wouldn't be out during EA, right? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol oh word? Just lead them? People can't figure where you're hiding 250 meters away with an sks?

gently caress off already

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Cimber posted:

But is the sniper a better choice than a rifle at 200m against a moving target? I'd much rather have the M16 4x scope to take shot after shot, and walk them into the target. Maybe I'm just bad but I've stopped picking up snipers 100%

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

fargom posted:

But is the sniper a better choice than a rifle at 200m against a moving target? I'd much rather have the M16 4x scope to take shot after shot, and walk them into the target. Maybe I'm just bad but I've stopped picking up snipers 100%

But if you were running an AR and a sniper, this comparison would be irrelevant. What you should be doing is comparing a sniper against an SMG or a shotgun. Which of those provides an option (ranged OHK) that is not available for any other weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

cyanidewolf posted:

But if you were running an AR and a sniper, this comparison would be irrelevant. What you should be doing is comparing a sniper against an SMG or a shotgun. Which of those provides an option (ranged OHK) that is not available for any other weapon?
Close OHK is an option available to shotguns and not other weapons. Snipers let you kill people far away, that's what they're good for. ARs also let you kill people far away, that's what they're good for. The AK is nice up close but probably not as nice as a shotgun.

• Locked thread