Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

The director of these films is a convicted child molester, although I don't know how anyone would have ever known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Dillbag posted:

The director of these films is a convicted child molester, although I don't know how anyone would have ever known.

I didn't know John Wayne Gacy directed horror movies, but it makes sense

Parachute
May 18, 2003
he's human scum but i am seeing the poo poo out of that movie because i am maybe a lesser-degree of scum

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It comes out only September 26th and never again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised it is coming out at all because they tried to film it in Canada but got delisted from a Canadian casting website after the British Columbia acting union complained.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They were supposed to have a premiere for it in Los Angeles and they had to cancel it because of protests.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

I dunno, it bummed me out to see Jessica Lange just play the same character over and over again. She's great but by Freak Show I was just so tired of that poo poo.

This is a fair complaint, but the character they're having her play is probably like at least somewhat painfully real to the actress I would imagine.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dillbag posted:

I tried very hard to talk a customer out of getting a huge portrait of the Creeper tattooed on his arm in the shop I work. He had none of it, and how he has the personification of this rear end in a top hat's pedo lust (expertly) displayed on his upper arm.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/kaptainkristian/status/905139115133288448

e: I think it's both, but whatever

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kill all anime nerds

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

People who watch anime are hosed in the head.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Shoehead posted:

I tried very hard to talk a customer out of getting a huge portrait of the Creeper tattooed on his arm in the shop I work. He had none of it, and how he has the personification of this rear end in a top hat's pedo lust (expertly) displayed on his upper arm.

This is not germane to the topic of movie posters, but what?

E: I understand literally what you're explaining. I'm just surprised someone feels strongly enough about the scarecrow monster from a 15-year-old movie that they were not discouraged by the associational reality that the creator/director is a famous pedophile.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 6, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peanut President posted:

kill all anime nerds

Black Swan is basically an unauthorized Perfect Blue remake, and Pi has a scene where a guy explains the simple beauty of Go.

Aranofsky's a huge weaboo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dillbag posted:

While in his thirties, Luc Besson dated a fifteen year old girl.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Davros1 posted:

That's just called being French

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davros1 posted:

And Roman Polanski has been ducking child rape charges in France for longer than I've been alive.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I'm surprised it is coming out at all because they tried to film it in Canada but got delisted from a Canadian casting website after the British Columbia acting union complained.

Yea, I work in film in Vancouver and the technician's union sent out a notice that basically said "we can't stop you from working on this, but fyi he's a chomo. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife".

Davros1 posted:

After watching Leon, I never would have guessed.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's just called being French

Also, this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dillbag posted:

After watching Leon, I never would have guessed.

Remember the young prostitute who was in Leon's first hit in that movie?

That was her.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dillbag posted:

Yea, I work in film in Vancouver and the technician's union sent out a notice that basically said "we can't stop you from working on this, but fyi he's a chomo. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife".

The hosed up thing is he worked with kids a number of times after he was released from prison.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Let's get a poster in before we hit the next page of child molester chat.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Xealot posted:

This is not germane to the topic of movie posters, but what?

E: I understand literally what you're explaining. I'm just surprised someone feels strongly enough about the scarecrow monster from a 15-year-old movie that they were not discouraged by the associational reality that the creator/director is a famous pedophile.

I know.. it was a low moment in what is an otherwise pretty fun job. He isn't alone on Creeper tattoos either, it's fuckin' weird.

Edit: oh yeah I should mention I didn't tattoo him! Maybe I should have said something to the artist but this dude was gung ho on his Creeper ink.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

ducking child rape charges

It's true. Ducks are definitely masters at getting away with rape.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Peanut President posted:

kill all anime nerds

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

People who watch anime are hosed in the head.

Yeah, y'all are seriously underestimating Aronofsky on this one, dude is a huge weeb. He literally bought the remake rights to Perfect Blue so he could lift a scene from it for Requiem for a Dream.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

but that doesn't mean he doesn't like anime

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 6, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That poster has different color grading than the originally-posted one; I'll agree that the more green poster is very clearly and unambiguously a RB reference, but the more red/orange color grading in the other one is more reminiscent of the EoE art to me. It seems like Aronofsky or whoever made the posters was influenced by both, rather than one or the other.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The anime poster was most likely inspired by RB. So by some math property,

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The End Of Eva poster is a scene from the film, except the face is sideways then. So it's it's even more likely

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some of you guys are gonna look pretty foolish when Mother actually does feature a giant nude Jennifer Lawrence.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some of you guys are gonna look pretty foolish when Mother actually does feature a giant nude Jennifer Lawrence.

I'm going to genuinely laugh my loving rear end off if this happens

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’d like to see how they’d do that given the constraints that the movie works in (according to the festival reviews, it’s three parts, each a single unbroken shot, according to The Evening Standard anyway: https://www.standard.co.uk/goingout...y-a3627401.html.

Also there is a reason Paramount is echoing the Rosemary’s Baby poster with it, and given the title, it’s very, very obvious what that reason is

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 7, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Also there is a reason Paramount is echoing the Rosemary’s Baby poster with it, and given the title, it’s very, very obvious what that reason is

Because Aronofsky's a cradle robber?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Okay, two reasons.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love the thought that Aronofsky's idea of a fun night together is to seat Jennifer Lawrence down and make her watch anime

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Now I just want to re-watch Perfect Blue. It's really good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Only because they haven't worked out that you can move your jacket onto your lap.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The classic letters-on-a-bird-on-a-face poster:

Apparently the first snow will kill again:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

D'aww lookit that snowman

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm liking the direction they're taking the remake of that snowman-themed horror film that was in every video rental shop on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Red Bones posted:

I'm liking the direction they're taking the remake of that snowman-themed horror film that was in every video rental shop on the planet.

Think anyone will get raped with a carrot again?