Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Did they fix the weather?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Carth Dookie posted:

Did they fix the weather?

Yeah, and if you want you can just set every race to be clear or whatever if you really want to override it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I would have assumed most people would just hop in the mercedes and be Ham and go fast, but if anything it seems every single streamer is in the Renault or the Honda. Go figure.

Why you think that is? People wanna be the underdog? Or they think they aren't ready for the fastest car yet?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's an underdog thing sometimes to attract YouTube views and a way to crank the difficulty up.

I've seen it as far back as F1 2010 with HRT.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

lol @ Mercedes passing up Hulkenberg, a German, for Bottas, a Finnish dude, for the second Mercedes seat. Their loss. :cool:

Our loss is not having them just pay outright for Alonso. I think a rematch of 2007 would've made this season utterly spectacular and I'm kinda sad that these so called greats talk the talk of being fine with having whomever as a team mate, but clearly have no interest in it.

Just imagine, Alonso and Hamilton; both arguably at the top of their game, duking it out in what is still probably the fastest car on the grid. Chuck Vettel into the mix and it's got the makings of a 2012 championship all over again.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zaphod42 posted:

I would have assumed most people would just hop in the mercedes and be Ham and go fast, but if anything it seems every single streamer is in the Renault or the Honda. Go figure.

Why you think that is? People wanna be the underdog? Or they think they aren't ready for the fastest car yet?

I think they're mostly streaming career mode and you can only start in Sauber/Toro Rosso/McLaren in that. (Last year iirc swap McLaren for Renault there)

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Dudley posted:

I think they're mostly streaming career mode and you can only start in Sauber/Toro Rosso/McLaren in that. (Last year iirc swap McLaren for Renault there)

You can start with any team. It just makes for boring videos if you win every race with a 20 second lead. Some of these YouTube people are really good at the game so they pick crap teams on ultimate difficulty settings to make it interesting.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

E: I eagerly await your petulant tears.

Nice av

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Chiwie posted:

You can't make this poo poo up.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57477/r-d-progression-for-mclaren-honda-engine

Even in a videogame, Honda cannot make a good engine.

Lol at that support quote, I imagine that when they compile the code for the patch they will be puzzled as to why it doesn't work, especially when they got such good performance when they were running the single module prototype...

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Vettle barely beat noted binman mark Webber

Hes hot loving garbage lol

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude Alonso just retired early the other day because his car wasn't giving 100%. I'm not sure he's the example of 'putting the effort in every time no matter what'.

I did say before McLaren and Honda totally crushed his spirits! Even then he's dragged that shitbox far further up the grid than it should've been on occasion, it's pretty sad now watching him waste the last few years of his F1 career having lovely honda motors explode behind him.

I recon you can aim most of the criticisms that you have for Vettel at Button, massively fast when he has a solid rear end underneath him but completely shitass when anything is slightly out of wack.

Also :whoptc:
https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/905707518596407296

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

Vettle barely beat noted binman mark Webber

Hes hot loving garbage lol

Hamilton lost to one.

*drops mic*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I did say before McLaren and Honda totally crushed his spirits! Even then he's dragged that shitbox far further up the grid than it should've been on occasion, it's pretty sad now watching him waste the last few years of his F1 career having lovely honda motors explode behind him.

I recon you can aim most of the criticisms that you have for Vettel at Button, massively fast when he has a solid rear end underneath him but completely shitass when anything is slightly out of wack.

Also :whoptc:
https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/905707518596407296

The lovely blown out exposure on that shot is triggering the poo poo out of me.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/905730610802692096

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hopefully the closest either of those binmen get to an F1 car next year.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

Uh don't agree. He did some of his best work when the track was slippery as poo poo. You can't do that if you rely on absolutely predicatble rear traction. He was the moist master. Also his 2011 season was amazing and I'm 90% certain that McLaren was front end dependent since that's what Hamilton preferred.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Carth Dookie posted:

Uh don't agree. He did some of his best work when the track was slippery as poo poo. You can't do that if you rely on absolutely predicatble rear traction. He was the moist master. Also his 2011 season was amazing and I'm 90% certain that McLaren was front end dependent since that's what Hamilton preferred.

Wasn't there a point when Button lead his setup down a blackhole so he had to crib it from Hamiltons? Also pretty sure the Brawn car had an incredibly planted rear end. Putting wet/mixed performances aside as the majority of races are dry anyway.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Don't you have your photo taken of you taking a photo of yourself? Get with the times man!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

Hopefully the closest either of those binmen get to an F1 car next year.

Ericsson is locked in as long as his backers own Sauber. So, a long time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

Wasn't there a point when Button lead his setup down a blackhole so he had to crib it from Hamiltons? Also pretty sure the Brawn car had an incredibly planted rear end. Putting wet/mixed performances aside as the majority of races are dry anyway.

Oh absolutely he won the WDC with the Brawn's double diffuser car which was a solid rear end car. But he also won plenty of times in the various McLarens which weren't necessarily that style. I bring up the 2011 season because he would've been WDC that year as well if not for the all conquering Neweymobile that year. I don't know if he was cribbing Hamilton's setups though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Schlesische posted:

Ericsson is locked in as long as his backers own Sauber. So, a long time.

:suicide:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Carth Dookie posted:

Oh absolutely he won the WDC with the Brawn's double diffuser car which was a solid rear end car. But he also won plenty of times in the various McLarens which weren't necessarily that style. I bring up the 2011 season because he would've been WDC that year as well if not for the all conquering Neweymobile that year. I don't know if he was cribbing Hamilton's setups though.

See I've already forgotten what happened a few races ago so I can barely remember anything about the 2011 season lol. Were ham and but at McLaren for more than one season I can't remember.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

See I've already forgotten what happened a few races ago so I can barely remember anything about the 2011 season lol. Were ham and but at McLaren for more than one season I can't remember.

2010-2012 they were both at McLaren.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can't imagine the complete and total silence out of the McLaren/Honda/Toro Rosso/Renault camps is anything but a bad sign.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

I can't imagine the complete and total silence out of the McLaren/Honda/Toro Rosso/Renault camps is anything but a bad sign.

I kind of hope it gets scrapped for some petty reason, McLaren stick with Honda but Honda actually get it to be respectful next year. Remember how far Renault were off pace in 2014? It can be improved. And I'd rather see McLaren back up as a factory team with a competent Honda than Renault struggling to beat *two* capable privateers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

I kind of hope it gets scrapped for some petty reason, McLaren stick with Honda but Honda actually get it to be respectful next year. Remember how far Renault were off pace in 2014? It can be improved. And I'd rather see McLaren back up as a factory team with a competent Honda than Renault struggling to beat *two* capable privateers.

It's an odd situation that might honestly work out well for everyone. McLaren gets to keep Alonso, and has a chance at some immediate success, which should allow them to sign more sponsors and secure their long-term financial future. Red Bull gets to develop a relationship with a potential works partner. Toro Rosso gets McLaren gearboxes and and outside possibility of a quick Honda engine. Renault gets Sainz.

I think I said this in another post, but I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren and Toro Rosso are already preparing for Renault and Honda engines, respectively, and the delay in announcing it is just due to all the other pieces that need to fall into place.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basticle posted:

I'm going to make a confession and admit I bought the avatars for iospace, DoctorGonzo, and 1500quid (the first time, I dunno who rebought it but I'm glad they did). I am however ashamed I'm not behind Wicka's because it is loving art.

give me my skull back, you bastard!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
id be happy with midfield if they could just finish a race

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
the F1 2017 game looks fun. Thought about maybe giving it a try.
Then i looked at the prices of steering wheel controllers.

Not gonna happen.
Unless I find one in the bin.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

mrfart posted:

Not gonna happen.

Yeah its kinda like that. I spent like $1,000 about 7 years ago for a setup and it was outrageous then (but is still going now and is still good). Similar/better kit is more than double that nowadays. You can get cheap wheels/pedals, but they aren't very good. Also by cheap, I mean still more than $100.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mrfart posted:

Not gonna happen.

I just did a career race at Baku in a McLaren. It was soul-destroying to get within DRS distance through the middle sector and then just sit there and watch everybody else go all Back to the Future on the pit straight and have to claw back time lap after lap.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

You know who else beat Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button. And hes also a fraud, as is Lewis.

:coolspot:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgK1r2ytbI

loving lost it at 1:30 where Kimi laughs at Barichello.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Theophany posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgK1r2ytbI

loving lost it at 1:30 where Kimi laughs at Barichello.

Same. Absolutely brutal.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Today is the most blessed of days as a new Joe Saward podcast has been released.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Today is the most blessed of days as a new Joe Saward podcast has been released.

Yeah let me just listen to that instead of Midweek Motorsport 🤣

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmbo if you ever want to listen to an hour long blowjob of Lewis Hamilton I highly recommend giving Joe Saward a listen.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I could also read this thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Lewis Hamilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

OhsH posted:

I could also read this thread

But then you'd have to put up with all the people fellating Seb "can't win from outside the top three grid spots" Vettel, and that's just tiresome.

• Locked thread