Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I hope Sakurai gets to make games he wants to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Sakurai quit Smash to make Kirby Air Ride 2! :pray:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Switch Smash when

Someone said that it's probably being held off so it doesn't cannibalize Arms, and I think that's sadly the case. So I imagine if we get it next year it won't even be til the later half of the year

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurai didn't always make decisions I agreed with (And probably did deserve some of the criticism for things like tripping in Brawl), but he was also insanely dedicated to his vision of the Smash games and I can't help but have massive respect for that.

I hope he's resting now, wherever he is. Dude must be burnt out and then some.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Raxivace posted:

(And probably did deserve some of the criticism for things like tripping in Brawl)

i never noticed tripping in brawl ever but i was also extremely fuckin drunk+high at the time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Sakurai quit Smash to make Kirby Air Ride 2! :pray:
right after he makes kid icarus uprising 2

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

get ready gamers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Raxivace posted:

Sakurai didn't always make decisions I agreed with (And probably did deserve some of the criticism for things like tripping in Brawl), but he was also insanely dedicated to his vision of the Smash games and I can't help but have massive respect for that.

I hope he's resting now, wherever he is. Dude must be burnt out and then some.

doesn't he have like wicked serious carpal tunnel or something else from making games too hard? seriously, bless that man

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

lets hang out posted:

get ready gamers

Yearrgh videogames

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oh, that makes sense wrt Sakurai. Follow up question though is Kid Icarus:Uprising 2 when?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Oh, that makes sense wrt Sakurai. Follow up question though is Kid Icarus:Uprising 2 when?
right before he makes Kirby Air Ride 2

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

goferchan posted:

doesn't he have like wicked serious carpal tunnel or something else from making games too hard? seriously, bless that man

He tested the game by playing against himself, one controller in each hand. Dude is loving insane.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

We are not worthy of it

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Give me a kid Icarus that follows the splatoon formula so I can watch palutena and Hades bicker over the maps currently in rotation.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

HoboNews posted:

Yearrgh videogames

:hellyeah:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Camperjon/status/905632458485276674

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Also I'm playing Yakuza 4 right now and it's hilarious that the back of the case tries to make out that it's a GTA style game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
After spending 5 hours with Destiny 2 last night I think it's pretty good. It certainly feels like there's more content than there was in early D1 and while the core game is still the same it's just a little improved around the edges. I'm on the third "planet" now and it just gave me a bunch of "adventures", which are like the patrol missions like the first game but more elaborate, almost like a strike. I guess I'll spend some time there knocking them out before heading for the next place and moving the story forward.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should let someone else make smash just for the hell of it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But then it might end up playing like playstation all stars or something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ridley is not too big dammit!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah i just remembered metroid prime 4 is real

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
M is Other 2401

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I like Hollow Knight so far but the visual effect and pause for taking damage are really disruptive sheesh. I wish they could've picked a more elegant solution to making taking damage have impact to it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I heard Samus is a maid now

Nina posted:

I like Hollow Knight so far but the visual effect and pause for taking damage are really disruptive sheesh. I wish they could've picked a more elegant solution to making taking damage have impact to it

Avoiding damage becomes a lot easier once the Mantis Lords like you.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 7, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope they never bring up the ridley evolution poo poo ever again

Or anything from other m, really

:( Samus why did they do that to you.....

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have a friend that wants Ridley in Smash more than pretty much anything else in the world and I've teased him by suggesting they might put in the furby Ridley from other M because he certainly isn't too big

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 7, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I have a friend that wants Ridley in Smash more than pretty much anything else in the world and I've trained him by suggesting they might put in the furby Ridley from other M because he certainly isn't too big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mi4FGck5Eo&t=13s

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

After spending 5 hours with Destiny 2 last night I think it's pretty good. It certainly feels like there's more content than there was in early D1 and while the core game is still the same it's just a little improved around the edges. I'm on the third "planet" now and it just gave me a bunch of "adventures", which are like the patrol missions like the first game but more elaborate, almost like a strike. I guess I'll spend some time there knocking them out before heading for the next place and moving the story forward.

literally everyone is saying this but it's been 2 days, review it again in like a month or two, that's the true test

In Training posted:

They should let someone else make smash just for the hell of it

give it to a team of madmen i.e. Kamiya, Suda51, and SWERY.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope they never bring up the ridley evolution poo poo ever again

Or anything from other m, really

:( Samus why did they do that to you.....

I really wish Samus Returns will be good.

Then again, AM2R was so good, no one can take that away from us

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

give it to a team of madmen i.e. Kamiya, Suda51, and SWERY.

Arc System Works :)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

StoryTime posted:

I really wish Samus Returns will be good.

Then again, AM2R was so good, no one can take that away from us

I just hope it doesn't flop

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know if Metroid really sells in Japan so maybe we should all buy three copies each

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just hope it doesn't flop

I would not get your hopes up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For as revered and influential as Metroid is, it's never really been a top-selling franchise. I think it's peak was what, Metroid Prime 2 at a few million copies?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm curious if this game will contain any of the secret things in it that super metroid had where the game didn't explicitly tell you you could do stuff but you could learn how to do it from the animals or however the hell you were intended to find out about the crystal flash move. Is there anything in super metroid that hints that crystal flash is a thing that exists?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
This video was what made me hopeful about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwqVKTJvjc

It looks like 2D metroid.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I would not get your hopes up.

I'm not expecting much. Like I'm not expecting it to even sell well enough to get more 2D Metroids. I'm just hoping it doesn't flop so hard they don't quietly try to shelve Prime 4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm just hoping it doesn't flop so hard they don't quietly try to shelve Prime 4

lol why and how the gently caress would they do that.

I'm glad for a new 2d Metroid but I don't need thousands of them. The market's already flooded with loving "dark souls roguelike metroidvania" poo poo to the point where I'm fine with only playing 1 or 2 each year. Hollow Knight and Metroid Returns are probably my limit for now.

vvvvvvv agreed

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

None them are as good as Metroid at its best though so I'm glad for a new one.

• Locked thread