Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

quick check out the last page of the Splatoon 2 games thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it's good content

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i hope they buff th bad weapons to make them as good as the good weapons nd don't nerf anything. there arent any unfair weapons at the moment and its way more fun to make bad weapons viable than to make the good ones lovely

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's good content

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Patch notes are out and the only weapon they changed in their Substantial Overhaul is to reduce tri slosher range and damage congratulations people all your crying had an affect. God that sucks, I need to find a new weapon now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Changed the performance of some Special Weapons:
Sting Ray
+After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
+Default duration extended by 0.5 secs
Splashdown
+Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
+Increased the jump height by 31%
+Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
+Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown
Ink Storm
+Expanded radius by 13%
+Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons
Baller
+Knockback decreased
+Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
+Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
+Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
+Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
Ink Jet
-Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
-Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
-Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
Ink Armor
-Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
-When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)

Changed the performance of some Sub Weapons:
Sprinkler
Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
+Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank
Point Sensor
+Expanded radius by 20%
+Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
Splash Wall
+Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds
Squid Beakon
+Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank

Changed the performance of Main Weapons:
Tri-Slosher
-Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
-Range shortened by 9%

Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
.96 Gal
210 → 200
N-ZAP '85
200 → 190
E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope
190 → 170
Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica
180 → 170
Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber
180 → 160
Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica
170 → 160
Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica
180 → 190
Rapid Blaster
180 → 210
Tentatek Splattershot
210 → 230

Various battle fixes:
Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now dependent on points needed to charge (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time
Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard

Salmon Run:
Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish
Sting Ray + Stinger interaction issue fixed (can now hit all parts of body, not just pilot)
When using the Sting Ray on Grillers, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles) through the main body
In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places
Fixed an issue when two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, causing one of the players to be unable to pick up eggs in the following wave
Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped
Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker
Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players
Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time

Splatfest:
Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
Total: 24000 → 22500
Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked

Other changes:
When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen
Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection
Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used
Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the splatfest tee nerf is annoying but i already have my desired specials loadout. still, increasing the ability chunk grind is no good!!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Maybe I just suck at using it but it seems weird that they'd nerf the Ink Jet like that. Didn't really seem highly powered at all before.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I think it would be funny if the change to ink armor made it so that sniping someone that has it sends them flying off the map but itll probably just push them 5 feet

e oh apparently that line really means huge damage against armor spills through and actually hurts them. That's nice

Gaffle fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 7, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the Rapid Blaster is godlike. Im like 20-1 since switching. Also the JP splatfest is going on and I found out the shifty station is different per region and theirs is way cooler

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

the Rapid Blaster is godlike. Im like 20-1 since switching. Also the JP splatfest is going on and I found out the shifty station is different per region and theirs is way cooler

I hope you're team nuggz.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

I hope you're team nuggz.

I dont have a JP copy of the game...im not that crazy, yet. I just saw some videos.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I was having trouble with the rapid blaster in places like Sturgeon shipyard where there are a lot of blind corners and too many alternate routes to trap. It was a fun practical gun for when i wanted to win and not really just melt faces with the luna blaster tho.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since posting that I've produced my first losing record since launch day but that may also be because of how hard S+ matches are. Butt maybe I also suck with the rapid Blaster!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Patch notes are out and the only weapon they changed in their Substantial Overhaul is to reduce tri slosher range and damage congratulations people all your crying had an affect. God that sucks, I need to find a new weapon now

sounds like the only people crying are the ones who use the tri slosher

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm s rank in everything but i need to rank down becasue it takes 2-3 minutes to matchmake instead of 10 seconds and 5 of the 8 ppl are japanese. awfuul

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am stuck in S as well. I made S+ Splat Zones but that queues you with S+0 to S+infinity so I got instagibbed by MLG Japanese players in between League queues and dropped back to S

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I guess I stopped at the right time (SSS) lol.

We should play League some time though

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
what you gotta watch out for in S+ are the blokes with shiny weapons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're doing a special Grizzco event this weekend, like a salmon run splatfest. The weapons will be completely random every round, and there's going to be some "bonus hidden collectibles" available on the stages, which makes me think it will be like extra tickets or gear. The event starts at 8pm est Friday and lasts 28 hours

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

They're doing a special Grizzco event this weekend, like a salmon run splatfest. The weapons will be completely random every round, and there's going to be some "bonus hidden collectibles" available on the stages, which makes me think it will be like extra tickets or gear. The event starts at 8pm est Friday and lasts 28 hours

gently caress yes

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Looks like I'm putting in overtime...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like the "new items" means they're mixing in a new weapon secretly into the random weapon pool so you may get to try a new weapon which is cool

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
KELP DOME IS BACK BITCHES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is a long rear end video and i pretty much saved it for myself to watch again later but this was cool. this salmon run event was awesome, i wish every round was totally random. and the new blaster weapon was bonkers fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT6CQ1Tb1g

also kelp dome is still awesome. i only got to play a few games of TC but im glad its back and im looking forward to the seeing the river map

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
had some of the most miserable salmon run attemps with either people dropping or just worthless teammates. pure hell.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

when's the big tent gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cool:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I love how the screenshot outs you as a dirty slosher user.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i tried out a few different weapons after the tri slosh nerf and had some good luck with the rapid blaster for a while and then switched back to tri slosher and im like 25-6 since. its still godlike

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the community for this still big? I just got a Switch and I always wanted to try Splatoon but I'm afraid I missed all the fun :(

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, unfortunately the game is pretty dead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still find matches at all hours of the day and I'm S+ or higher rank in everything which is the 2nd smallest matchmaking group in the game. It's still very active and every weekend they add a new weapon or map which gets people back in at least for Friday Saturday

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Splatoon is the most slept on multiplayer only third person shooter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

Yeah, unfortunately the game is pretty dead.

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rapid Blaster Pro coming tonight, its a rapid blaster with Poison Mist and Ink Rain. i was already maining rapid blaster recently and this is a way better kit, excited.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Rapid blaster pro is different from normal rapid blaster, or at least it was in splat 1. A little slower but with even more range. I thought it was much harder to use since it goes so far but the blast is small and it is even more vulnerable up close

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll have to try it out when it goes live. Since I'm MLG and can snap 360 headshots with ease the additional aiming required to be successful won't be an issue to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the october update cant come soon enough

• Locked thread