Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Got lucky with an exotic and got An Insurmountable Skullfort, waves of thralls or dogs stand no chance now cause I just have infinite healing punches as a striker.

Got lucky with a bright engram too. Spicy Ramen exotic emote turned this into game of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Delete your accounts

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

random drop?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If you had scarab in D1

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
All the discords links I found have given me a "not found" error code. Can we get a fresh link for the PS4 Goons?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

I'll trade you 10 SOJs for it. Legit. Not duped. Ahhh poo poo, wrong loot game.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

All the discords links I found have given me a "not found" error code. Can we get a fresh link for the PS4 Goons?

https://discord.gg/tGD3tdU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Worked like a charm. Thanks guardian 😘.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you had scarab in D1

Welp shoulda gotten carried more in Trials.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you had scarab in D1

For real?

:getin:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone know if Glimmer will be worth a drat for anything? I'm wracking up poo poo loads of the stuff but haven't had to spend any of it. I'm level 16, but still.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone know if Glimmer will be worth a drat for anything? I'm wracking up poo poo loads of the stuff but haven't had to spend any of it. I'm level 16, but still.

Mods and putting shaders on your ship and sparrow

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I like how there are multiple routes early on, on Titan, that don't go anywhere but show you vistas of the waves and the station. You can Almost hear the cries of the designers "WE RENDERED AND OPTIMIZED THESE loving WAVES NOW YOU BETTER LOOK AT'EM!"

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 7, 2017

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I end the second night at level 13. Loving the story so far. Very Halo.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I requested to join the biggest dumbest space men as edgevelcana. Maybe I'll have time to play this weekend!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mods and putting shaders on your ship and sparrow

Oh, ha. Time to save then. If I'm going to die horribly in the Crucible I might as well be a giant hot pink Hunter.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

How is it in pvp? I've been running around with one on patrol and I'm a little worried about its TTK since it takes as many bursts to kill something as another pulse will, but each shot takes a little bit longer.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Republicans posted:

Anyone else using the catapault jump on their titan? It was kinda useless in D1 but they seemed to add some height to it since then so I quite like it now.

Strafe jump. The other two have too much height and not enough control for PvP, IMO.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone have thoughts on Warlock jumps? I like the default a lot but I might be missing something.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Cold Heart is ridiculous in pvp. Like not OP but just goddamn it feels like I'm cheating.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

What activities did you do to hit 250+ so fast? Just strikes?
I've just hit 20 last evening and don't have much playtime rip Sunday so I want to minmax my current efforts.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Seriously though, if any of you Goons work at Bungie. Please give your engineers and design folks a pat on the back. To make a game this pretty, run this well at 4k, on hardware like a PS4 pro. That's loving miraculous.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 7, 2017

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Been having fun, buts it's pretty immersion breaking/hilarious when I'm being told that all the Guardians are powerless and mortal and here comes Shaxx telling me to start killing my friends while a bunch of players jump around the farm using superpowers.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
How do you unlock more fast travel points on the map? Can you explore to do it or do they get unlocked via plot missions?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So, there's no appearance changes after you've made your character?

Not that big of a deal considering you've always got a helmet on, but still an oversight.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay Survival is the most tense I've been since the winning match of Trials.

Also, I can kinda be okay with how Shaders work, but why in the hell do Ship Transmat effects get destroyed when you equip something else? These seems incredibly rare.

E-Money posted:

How do you unlock more fast travel points on the map? Can you explore to do it or do they get unlocked via plot missions?

Story missions is what you want.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

galagazombie posted:

Been having fun, buts it's pretty immersion breaking/hilarious when I'm being told that all the Guardians are powerless and mortal and here comes Shaxx telling me to start killing my friends while a bunch of players jump around the farm using superpowers.

"What do you mean only one of them is respawning? Oh noooo" - Shaxx, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Got to 246, called it a night when my hands started cramping. Wanna bang out this Mida Multi Tool quest tomorrow morning.

Game is much better now with less grind and more rewards.

Anyone got a clue on this Rat King puzzle?

I read that it's 3 patrols 2 public events some PvP and a nightfall, but needs to be with other people that have the weapon in their inventory. Makes sense when you think about the exotic's perk.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

First impression:

So... large patrol areas? game got this gimmick. Lets hope the whole game is not based on this particular gimmick.

Already did a few missions where the objetive was "bug hunt until I told you so" or some vague "go somewhere maybe, perhaps" with the diamond hud indicator functioning sometimes, sometimes not, in large areas of the map that later where the patrol areas.

I did... things in the game?, I opened chest, I received achievements?. You maybe end in some dungeon like area but you don't know if you are really in a dungeon, or maybe is not a dungeon, or maybe it is. Then you find a dungeon chest, so you know it was a dungeon.

The dungeon itself are mazes with many dead ends. What purpose have these dead ends except confuse? they seems designed to be confuse to navigate.

I love the weapons, I love the maps.

This is a PC game. It feels like a PC game and sounds like a PC game, moves like a PC game. The tunnels in Venus in Destiny 1 where tunnels for a console game. so they where linear and simple. Linear because the controller is not very good when enemies come from 360 degrees, thats the one thing that is not perfect for. So when you make a console game, you design linear dungeons. Destiny 2 have dungeons that have vertical and horizontal problems, tunnel branchs that are below you, behind you, and everywhere. Maybe even a few teleports to spice things up.

I am very happy with the game. But I am a bit confuse, like somebody in his first timer that have played Baseball, and don't know the rules, can't hit the ball to save his life, but can run if asked to, very fast. They have changed the game, and I feel I am missing something.

Is like they have made this game to make the youtubers build guides. That would be a gold mine for some people. Destiny 1 was kind of obvious, but this game is obscure at times.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 7, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What dead ends are you talking about? Lost Sectors are pretty much hallways with a combat arena at the end.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ularg posted:

What dead ends are you talking about? Lost Sectors are pretty much hallways with a combat arena at the end.

How I can answer your question? do they have a name to tell you, or I can point to them in some way. You don't find tunnel branch with nothingin the end? we must have different copies of the game.

Sometimes I am in the entrance of a dead sector and theres 3 tunnels, one is the exit, other leads to a different zone, and other to further inside the lost sector.

Hope this image helps.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Delete your accounts

So you WILL be taking weak Krew with you, to guarantee that heal.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

I decided to leave my character at this level because it's VERY NICE

also lolling at the kanye titan boots

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dear god please stop giving me Control, I'm tired of being the only person who understands you have to stand on the glowing circles to win already

On a more positive note the exotic chestplate that feeds ammo into your AR is awesome. I can just hold the button down and erase most of the other team.

e: THREE YEARS PUBBIES you still don't grasp this after THREE YEARS

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 7, 2017

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

This game is loving dope. That is all.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

according to reddit it's for Sturm. Do Failsafe's quest line on nessus and you get Drang the sidearm. You need to decode an exotic engram- save the one from completing the campaign! Also 5 legendary engrams- leveling up gunsmith/etc. counts for that, even though it doesn't actually give you an engram to take to the cryptarch
Level up rewards from factions count.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
when not to put the ball in the basket
http://i.imgur.com/JZvGlwf.gifv

dying to uneven surfaces is still a thing
http://i.imgur.com/VFQmT5a.gifv

roombas not being in the old tower is ruining my immersion
http://i.imgur.com/iMLnODG.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RBA Starblade posted:

Dear god please stop giving me Control, I'm tired of being the only person who understands you have to stand on the glowing circles to win already

On a more positive note the exotic chestplate that feeds ammo into your AR is awesome. I can just hold the button down and erase most of the other team.

e: THREE YEARS PUBBIES you still don't grasp this after THREE YEARS

Man where do y'all find these people? Anytime I pubbie queue I get teammates who have the urge to stand on ALL the circles. It might even be worse now that Shaxx gets excited and calls it a power play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hit 273 tonnight. Got a whole mess of legendaries and a few exotics already.

The best thing to do when youre 20 is start doing the planet quests and do every lost sector, adventure and public event you can on every planet and then turn all your poo poo into the planet vendor. Dismantle anything lower or at your current best in slot that you don't really want to keep and give the materials to bashee.

Also keep 5 blue scout rifles in your vault. Trust me you'll need them.

Game is cool and good. Still finding my ideal loadout of pvp but strikers dual grenades and either fusion or shotgun is fun. Cant decide whether or not I want to run assault rifles or pulses but the archetypes from the beta are still really strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I keep seeing people say how they've gone forever without a sparrow at endgame. Does everyone not get a free one as part of their Congrats On Beating The Campaign social space victory lap?