Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first episode of Wonderful! is very cute. The ASMR-y nature of it is really nice although I'm worried it'll cause me to start napping on public transport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

SpacePig posted:

The only ones that really even remotely fell flat gameplay wise were the MMO ones, and any point in a Bethesda game in which they weren't under the influence of console commands. IMO, at least.

Blade and Soul? Champions Online???

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

the mcelroys are very open about their personal lives to an extent so out of respect maybe don't pry and speculate about anything they're not interested in sharing yet?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

inferis posted:

the mcelroys are very open about their personal lives to an extent so out of respect maybe don't pry and speculate about anything they're not interested in sharing yet?

Yeah, Travis will reveal his next next podcast when he's good and ready and not before.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Raserys posted:

Blade and Soul? Champions Online???

Champions Online was great because the character creator is crazy as poo poo, the whole "Let's bring the fans into this" thing where they all went into a more difficult area and survived out of sheer force of numbers, and the creators being pretty chill with them.

I hope the game got a few regulars out of that. I made an account, but haven't played much because my hard drive is too small and I can only have so much real estate on there.

My least favorite Monster Factories are Conan and Saint's Row 3. Conan just has one joke and that's it. Saint's Row is annoying for me to watch because Griffin keeps dragging on a game series I like for poor writing (and I'll admit that 3 and 4 are weaker than 2 in terms of writing) that gets really tiring really fast. Granted, when he says "family guy south park humor" he might just mean "lul random and edgy" while when I hear the term I think "transphobic jokes and trying to be faux-intellectual while making fart jokes".

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Gameplay in regular games works best when they decide to have bizarre restrictions as a character choice, like throwing everything in Dragon's Dogma or no guns in Bloodborne

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New TAZ live show goes up today right?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
How can Griffin claim to support dogs being able to vote, while at the same time not allowing them on the moon?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Mikedawson posted:

Champions Online was great because the character creator is crazy as poo poo, the whole "Let's bring the fans into this" thing where they all went into a more difficult area and survived out of sheer force of numbers, and the creators being pretty chill with them.

I hope the game got a few regulars out of that. I made an account, but haven't played much because my hard drive is too small and I can only have so much real estate on there.

My least favorite Monster Factories are Conan and Saint's Row 3. Conan just has one joke and that's it. Saint's Row is annoying for me to watch because Griffin keeps dragging on a game series I like for poor writing (and I'll admit that 3 and 4 are weaker than 2 in terms of writing) that gets really tiring really fast. Granted, when he says "family guy south park humor" he might just mean "lul random and edgy" while when I hear the term I think "transphobic jokes and trying to be faux-intellectual while making fart jokes".

The Deenpus troll peeking around the corner of the building might have been the funniest part of the Conan video, though. I'll sometimes rewatch it just for that moment.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Black Desert Online probably has the biggest quality difference from one of the best character creation sequences to some of the dullest Gameplay.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

New TAZ live show goes up today right?

Or uh...maybe it doesn't? Can't find anything saying yes or no and I can't remember if they said anything in the last TTAZZ about a next episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They said the next two episodes would be the Austin and SDCC shows and it's Right Thursday.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jesus christ, I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFp8UlBy6k

That voice Griffin does for fake Outkast is incredible. 6:10-onward especially.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

A friend in my DND group just pestered me into listening to the Adventure Zone, and suddenly I'm 25 episodes in, listening to the best DND campaign I wish I was part of. I mean, DND Wacky Races/Mad Max is just such a kick rear end idea that I'm mad I've never seen it anywhere else.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Capfalcon posted:

A friend in my DND group just pestered me into listening to the Adventure Zone, and suddenly I'm 25 episodes in, listening to the best DND campaign I wish I was part of. I mean, DND Wacky Races/Mad Max is just such a kick rear end idea that I'm mad I've never seen it anywhere else.

It's funny that Griffin said he was inspired by the Fast and Furious series for that arc but everyone thinks about Mad Max instead. It's way more Fury Road than F&F.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

The Deenpus troll peeking around the corner of the building might have been the funniest part of the Conan video, though. I'll sometimes rewatch it just for that moment.

his reaction to that was great too.

"AW DEENPUS WHY?"

"Heard you were havin a deenpus party here."

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

listening to wonderful in between episodes of Real rear end Podcast was a heck of an emotional rollercoaster

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
So is there no Zone cast this week despite the fact that it's an older recording?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seems like it.
It's Right Thursday and everything.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Not really McElroy related but nice.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

Not really McElroy related but nice.

The fact that every single comment isn't "nice" is the reason I'm not on instagram

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
getting real deep into destiny lore made me realize that the darkness and the traveler are totally the inspiration for the hunger and the light of creation

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I've got an extra ticket for tomorrow's (well, tonight's) MBMBAM show in NYC if anyone wants it!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

check the pool area, near the sailboat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blockhouse posted:

getting real deep into destiny lore made me realize that the darkness and the traveler are totally the inspiration for the hunger and the light of creation

Griffin got more story out of them than Bungie did.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

well why not posted:

check the pool area, near the sailboat.

We can't keep doing this.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Edit: Never mind -- turns out my girlfriend bought me tickets as a surprise!

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 8, 2017

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Waffleman_ posted:

Griffin got more story out of them than Bungie did.

Bungie admitted that they changed the villain in Destiny 2 because they had no idea what The Darkness was supposed to be.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just realized there's probably no Adventure Zone or Sawbones because of the live shows this weekend. What am I supposed to listen to at work?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

A Moose posted:

Just realized there's probably no Adventure Zone or Sawbones because of the live shows this weekend. What am I supposed to listen to at work?

Go back and listen to Justin and Sydnee talk about Tyra Banks's insane book

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I thought that's why they queued up a bunch of live shows to release over the next month. But maybe they got caught up preparing for the tour and Griffin gave up on editing for now.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Polygon is hiring to replace Nick, so get in there and become Griffin's new best friend you nerds

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/906180326124376065

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Friendship ended with NICK
Now
[YOUR NAME HERE]
is my
best friend

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Anyone else going to the Brooklyn show tonight? How enjoyable are the live shows if you're in the cheap seats?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
that's what they need, another goon

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Does including your SA username help in securing a position in Polygon

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

El Padrino posted:

Come to think of it it's probably a point against

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

El Padrino posted:

Griffin and Black Baby Goku present Cool Games Inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone else going to the Brooklyn show tonight? How enjoyable are the live shows if you're in the cheap seats?

Yes, and I had seats near the back bottom for the DC show last year and it was fine. Dunno how balcony​ holds uo