Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Summer 2014 was the golden age of Marble Hebrons. Back when the events were new and fresh and sooo many free random hero tokens/codes.... they must have fired that guy from the marketing team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

madcow posted:

Summer 2014 was the golden age of Marble Hebrons. Back when the events were new and fresh and sooo many free random hero tokens/codes.... they must have fired that guy from the marketing team.

Amazing times indeed. Now all we do is play Discord.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

madcow posted:

that was the intern, they made him flip the switch for 6 days straight and he died

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I miss ryolnir you guys

He was a good community manager and dialogue writing/VA casting person. He put solid snake in the game. He also like legitimately listened to the community and added dumb stuff we begged for in dialogue and item names and descriptions

His 6 paragraph cyclops ult tooltip was the best thing in the game

He was just not ready to be the new Doomsaw

Nobody could be

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I really miss this game being good and fun. :(

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I would install for ULTRAOMEGACUMBLAST 1024

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I miss ryolnir you guys

He was a good community manager and dialogue writing/VA casting person. He put solid snake in the game. He also like legitimately listened to the community and added dumb stuff we begged for in dialogue and item names and descriptions

His 6 paragraph cyclops ult tooltip was the best thing in the game

He was just not ready to be the new Doomsaw

Nobody could be

bonus:

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I think Ryolnir just exhausted Gaz's supply of hotdogs. Being a creative lead demanded a supply far in excess of what Gaz could provide him.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I think maybe the game was never good, but we were just bad and broken

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It was never an amazing game, but there was a time when it was a decent ARPG with a really wide variety of 'classes' that was simple and clear to progress in that was low skill and medium knowledge. Years of bolting additional currency, mechanics and multiple phases of development without a central design philosophy have taken their toll in terms of accessibility, clarity, and quality.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Only buying the skimpiest costumes for all my female characters no longer is enough to keep me entertained.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Only buying the skimpiest costumes for all my female characters no longer is enough to keep me entertained.

but have you played at full zoom

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Hauki posted:

but have you played at full zoom

Exclusively.

I had so much AoE I didn't need to see what I was blowing up.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I might actually be spergy enough get back into the game just to Omega Prestige my favorite characters, assuming that they get that far down the roster before giving up.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What you need to actually do is join the drat discord and play that game instead.

Add me on steam my friend. Let's talk. Name is SUN GOD on there.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Have you tried linking this discord you try to get people to join

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
MUA and MUA2 are on sale on Humble. Those games haven't aged well and they weren't good to begin with and the port isn't super great, but maybe you're up for an overpriced nostalgia kick if you're still reading the thread for this game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Quick derail. If you plan on playing Destiny 2 on the PC, our guild currently has 75 members and will have 25 spots remaining.

Apply and get in to play with your favorite Marvel goons, such as Greywords and friends:

Share Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2073935

PS: Even Kelp is here but he was set to beginner status and will remain there. Namaste.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drythe posted:

Have you tried linking this discord you try to get people to join

oh hey bud

also here u go https://discord.gg/0auDYc8nzskkF0W2

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
R.I.P. to Len Wein, co-creator of Wolverine who died at age 69 today. Snikting in heaven.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

nice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seriously in the past year alone, the age of death has been 69 for everybody. Bowie, Prince, Wolferine...there's a long list actually.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yes here it is. Over 4,442 celebs who died at 69.

http://www.who2.com/famous-people-died-at-age-69-years-old/

Just the first page is all our heroes of our generation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yes here it is. Over 4,442 celebs who died at 69.

http://www.who2.com/famous-people-died-at-age-69-years-old/

Just the first page is all our heroes of our generation.

Unnice. :(

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Game is dead, thread is dead, but at least I got this today. Sniktin' forever.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

what happens if they never release omega prestige for wolferine?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Grinning Goblin posted:

what happens if they never release omega prestige for wolferine?

I will wait until the servers end and when they do I will keep https://marvelheroes.com/status open in a tab while browsing these forums and F5 it every so often just in case they come back.

Alternatively I'll start making PS4 accounts and cosmic prestige one or three of them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

davebo whats your favouritest look for wolverine?

mine is either brown spandex or age of apocalypse

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 21, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

davebo whats your favouritest look for wolverine?

mine is either brown spandex or age of apocalypse

Definitely brown, that's what I grew up with.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

davebo posted:

Definitely brown, that's what I grew up with.

Seconding the brown for the same reason.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the first wolverine comic i read was a marvel comics presents where this ninja sneaks into his room in the dark and wolverine is like "i can smell a ninja and the cold metallic tang of his hanzo steel" and then he starts waving his claws around til he cuts him and then he says "now i got you bub i can smell your blood" and then ghost rider drives past the window and then it says to be continued

and yeh he had the brown costume

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Was talking about this in the discord. Funniest poo poo I've read all year.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...en-airs-a153972

TLDR: Looks like Inhumans is being canceled before Season 1 even airs. Amazing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Was talking about this in the discord. Funniest poo poo I've read all year.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...en-airs-a153972

TLDR: Looks like Inhumans is being canceled before Season 1 even airs. Amazing.

A fitting end to the series no one asked for starring the cast of colorful characters that were never going to be the replacement for X-Men that Marvel wanted them to be.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Who needs crummy old steel-claw man when you'd got big hair lady?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Lockjaw rules though

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cease to Hope posted:

Lockjaw rules though

Totes rules.

But as evidenced by Ms. Marvel, he can effectively exist outside outside of the Inhuman bubble.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He also didn't have a moustache in the series so it's not canon Lockjaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Inhumans are such a god drat mess. They even had a fairly interesting niche before some genius at marvel had the idea to turn them into X-men rejects.