Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Zelder posted:

You live in the uk and you sold your ps4 to but a switch? That's gotta be unprecedented

i bought into the illusion that nintendo wouldnt be retarded this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

I would assume the vr cases would have new footage/scans

Doubtful. If they were going that far, they'd actually be adding new content instead of recycling old cases for VR and fixin-YOU! YOU DID IT! YOU KILLED THAT WOMAN DIDN'T YOU?!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

i bought into the illusion that nintendo wouldnt be retarded this time

Nintendo will never forgive you for being under the queens thumb, I'm sorry

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It needed the Mario + LA Noire treatment.

YOU-A KILLED HER!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Like I said, I wasn't there that night.

Accept
Doubt <---
Press

TELL ME THE TRUTH I'LL loving KILL YOU I'M A COP!

You were too hard on the witness, he will no longer cooperate

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LA Noire? Jeez. The fact that publishers are willing to go square-peg-round-hole to get something, anything released on Switch is one metric of its success I suppose.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Doubtful. If they were going that far, they'd actually be adding new content instead of recycling old cases for VR and fixin-YOU! YOU DID IT! YOU KILLED THAT WOMAN DIDN'T YOU?!

I had assumed that they were new cases

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

LA Noire? Jeez. The fact that publishers are willing to go square-peg-round-hole to get something, anything released on Switch is one metric of its success I suppose.

rockstar should just reconfigure Chinatown Wars for Switch, since it's the best GTA

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leaks pre launch, in order of most to least likely:

*Smash Bros For Switch
*Crossover Mario/Rabbids game
*Metroid Prime 4
*Rockstar puts a game on the Switch but it's LA Noire

Good thing I'm not a betting man.

[Edit: Press release specifies 1080p for PS4 + Xbone, either they think Ninentdogs don't care about numbers or we 720p docked]

[Edit to avoid double post: I think the last rumor that has yet to be debunked/proved is the Dark Souls Trilogy, how long until that's announced I wonder?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 7, 2017

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So I spoke to two developers of games for Switch at an event recently and one team got released for sale after initial submission for review in one month and it took the other team 1.5 months with minor fixes required. Given that we can expect Stardew in about 4 weeks or so

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lelandjs posted:

Leaks pre launch, in order of most to least likely:

*Smash Bros For Switch
*Crossover Mario/Rabbids game
*Metroid Prime 4
*Rockstar puts a game on the Switch but it's LA Noire

Good thing I'm not a betting man.

[Edit: Press release specifies 1080p for PS4 + Xbone, either they think Ninentdogs don't care about numbers or we 720p docked]

[Edit to avoid double post: I think the last rumor that has yet to be debunked/proved is the Dark Souls Trilogy, how long until that's announced I wonder?]

Really anything that ran on the X360 or PS3 is fair game to gamble on port-wise.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Really anything that ran on the X360 or PS3 is fair game to gamble on port-wise.

For real I need someone to tell me exactly why the Katamari Damacy games that were on each won't or can't come to the Switch so I can stop thinking about it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'd like a new Front Mission on this thing.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder how much Konami would want for the licence for porting MGS games, being able to play a MGS/2/3 HD on the Switch would be awesome.

If they hadn't fired Kojima it would have probably already happened, remade in Fox :sigh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If LA Noire is like $30-40 I might get it again since I genuinely loved the game and story even though it was far from perfect. At $60, though? Sorry, that’s only for perfect games like Skyrim.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lelandjs posted:

I wonder how much Konami would want for the licence for porting MGS games, being able to play a MGS/2/3 HD on the Switch would be awesome.

If they hadn't fired Kojima it would have probably already happened, remade in Fox :sigh:

Comedy answer; Twin Snakes HD remaster :v:.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Metal gear acid

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Reading the leaked "Rockstar game for Switch" a few months back lit up my Monkey's Paw like a creepy little night light.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I loved Skyrim but I suspect that going back to a game that’s 6-years old at this point is going to be painful from a UI/gameplay design standpoint.
Especially after playing BOTW

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So I asked where a tennis game was and the next day it got announced. The Secret works, Oprah confirmed.

Universe, where is the first skateboarding game for Nintendo Switch?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Norns posted:

Metal gear acid

MGS2:HD, as in the port to Nvidia Shield, announced a few weeks ago.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So I asked where a tennis game was and the next day it got announced. The Secret works, Oprah confirmed.

MTV Skateboarding, except with a new soundtrack because the music licensing has all expired. Hope you like royalty-free Pennywise clones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XyrlocShammypants posted:

If it doesn't have a radically -rocking 90's punk soundtrack, it's not worth it :corsair:.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

MGS2:HD, as in the port to Nvidia Shield, announced a few weeks ago.

Wait, Konami is actually doing things with the series besides slapping it on Pachinko machines? Holy poo poo.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Dink Smallwood would be perfect on the Switch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

shrike82 posted:

I loved Skyrim but I suspect that going back to a game that’s 6-years old at this point is going to be painful from a UI/gameplay design standpoint.
Especially after playing BOTW

Guess what: Skyrim isn't very good when you can't mod in a good UI. Like Oblivion it just doesn't hold up very well without mods and it doesn't have good writing or quest design to fall back on.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If it doesn't have a radically -rocking 90's punk soundtrack, it's not worth it :corsair:.

Lagwagon, Pennywise, Descendants, NOFX, Avail, Reel Big Fish

Bringing the hole gang back together... with kick flips!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Wait, Konami is actually doing things with the series besides slapping it on Pachinko machines? Holy poo poo.

Konami exists in a parallel universe to our own.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Looks okay but I hope you can turn off the voice acting. It would be cool if Adventures of Mana got a Switch port. I don't want to play that on my phone.:argh:

You can play AoM with a controller, for what it's worth, and you can also play it on an Android TV device like the Nexus Player if you have one of those.
But... it's really not that great of a game. There's not really that much in terms of quality-of-life improvements from the original Gameboy version.

As for this remake, they sure took SoM and made it as sterile and generic looking as possible.

Cartoon Man posted:

:barf:

I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage for an SNES classic from an eBay reseller just to play the good version aren't I?

:(

Or you could just get an emulator and play it on pretty much any electronic device with a screen, as has been possible for the last 20 years.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 7, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

Dink Smallwood would be perfect on the Switch

Hell yeah

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lelandjs posted:

They've just... had... this MGS2 HD port lying around. For like, half a decade or more.

So obviously it's going to the Nvidia Shield and not, you know, Steam.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or like, the Switch which is almost literally an Nvidia shield.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Or like, the Switch which is almost literally an Nvidia shield.

I was actually thinking about this. Since the internals are (as far as we know) pretty much identical, and it's doubtful that they rely on anything Android provides (since Android uses OpenGL/Vulkin instead of Metal like iOS has), shouldn't it be... relatively easy for companies to port Shield games to the switch? Portal, Half-Life 2, and MGS 2 HD would all be Perfect For The Switch®

[Edit: Looking at teardowns of both devices does indeed reveal some common chips, which I had assumed anyway. Especially amusing to me is this sentence from the Shield TV teardown:

"" posted:

What's interesting is that it looks as if [the motherboard] was designed to go into a small tablet or something and is about the size of a credit card

Yes, very interesting. Though of course the Switch sports an entirely different mobo design.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 7, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

LA Noire will of course be $60.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lelandjs posted:

Love Plus Switch when

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Manky posted:

For real I need someone to tell me exactly why the Katamari Damacy games that were on each won't or can't come to the Switch so I can stop thinking about it

This would be perfect for the switch!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Boo LA Noire, should have been Bully: Scholarship Edition. That's a game I will gladly replay for the 3rd time on the Switch.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Norns posted:

I'd like a new Front Mission on this thing.

:same:
Unfortunately the series is probably dead after the abortion that was FM:E. Which is a shame, as it was my favorite sqeenix IP. I don't think it was largely popular outside of though, so the likelihood of another game in the series is probably pretty low to begin with.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Boo LA Noire, should have been Bully: Scholarship Edition. That's a game I will gladly replay for the 3rd time on the Switch.

Rather they expend effort on adding Switch to consoles eventually getting Bully 2. I'm still convinced we could see it in 2018 even though it hasn't even been announced at all yet but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Give me more last gen AAA ports on Switch.

I'd totally triple dip on a 720p GTAV.

• Locked thread