Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

For the first time, I laned against a Yasou, As Olaf, in top lane. With a Caitlyn support and a Ezreal jungler.

Starting to think I have bronze MMR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Super Librarian posted:

This is like every other game I play with goons

One day I'll get to not jungle because everyone is a huge baby about it...

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

Queue with me more.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
top... bard?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

If you want to play a lane bully like Darius there's plenty of options. I ban him out because he seems to be so very unfun to play against if youre top and if not top yourself has the potential to really poo poo on the top laner. I'm sure there's ways around him but it's not worth the headache most of the time

just play Fiora, learn the matchups and just walk over all the pitiful fools that were forced to fill top lane

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

top... bard?

Yes. Lobby before this where someone dodged, it was going to be ezreal jungle with Bard top

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How Rude posted:

just play Fiora, learn the matchups and just walk over all the pitiful fools that were forced to fill top lane

I am not a top main, but when I do play top I like to play Garen into Fiora because he can just walk up and Bop her on the head then walk away

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Addamere posted:

I am not a top main, but when I do play top I like to play Garen into Fiora because he can just walk up and Bop her on the head then walk away

This does sound immensely satisfying

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
When I get filled to top/mid I just play morg and afk push with w then hope I get enough picks in mid/lategame with my q to get a free win.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

When I get filled to top/mid I just play morg and afk push with w then hope I get enough picks in mid/lategame with my q to get a free win.

honestly this will probably work in the majority of games below like plat or diamond

e: also Morgana Q is like one of the most satisfying abilities in the whole game, I don't really know why

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

honestly this will probably work in the majority of games below like plat or diamond

I'm really only half joking, I've played galio/malph/mao top too and I can hold my own. I'm not really bad at solo lanes, but I find basically being unkillable because you never have to stick your neck out for farm and it's hard to dive through binding/ult/black shield coupled with always being at least mildly useful later game due to your pick/peel potential it ends up being a surprisingly consistent strategy.

If you have a snowball jungler you also have p amazing gank potential top. It's basically free at level 6+ and even before that it's not too hard to setup a q.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Servaetes posted:

I'll jungle for you, (last time I jungled for you, the support outDPSed me. It didn't matter since you had 19 kiills on Twitch, and murdered anyone who looked at you)

I should stop playing meatshields top and just start playing malzahar.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm really only half joking, I've played galio/malph/mao top too and I can hold my own. I'm not really bad at solo lanes, but I find basically being unkillable because you never have to stick your neck out for farm and it's hard to dive through binding/ult/black shield coupled with always being at least mildly useful later game due to your pick/peel potential it ends up being a surprisingly consistent strategy.

If you have a snowball jungler you also have p amazing gank potential top. It's basically free at level 6+ and even before that it's not too hard to setup a q.

On the other hand, if you choose to be more Ghana then you are actively choosing not to be team oh

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Addamere posted:

On the other hand, if you choose to be more Ghana then you are actively choosing not to be team oh

Good

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I mean Morg Top's been done in pro games. a year or two ago but still. It was a semi-common pocket pick for uhhh can't remember his name but he was top laner for Jin Air. As far as off-meta top picks go it's certainly one of the best

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I actually just had a game where I played top morg, my teammates begged me not to play it in pre-game chat

Didn't even play that well, but people can't dodge Q

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Servaetes posted:

I have yet to not get jungle while queuing. I thought people liked jungle. Ps where is my warring kingdoms vi.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

RC Cola posted:

I have yet to not get jungle while queuing. I thought people liked jungle. Ps where is my warring kingdoms vi.

Warring Kingdoms Vi? Which Dynasty warriors Warring lady will she be?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just play garen in the top lane you doofuses

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

RC Cola posted:

I have no idea. It's the only limited avail WK skin, and it is easily her best skin :smith:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
She's genderbend Phoenix from DW: DS Fighter Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1HNIdgB8DE

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ayyy I got a capsule for irony honoring people and inside was Mecha Zero Sion for free thanks marc merill!!!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Past time or two I've logged on I briefly saw a popup that said "you have recieved a reward" with what looked like an icon of some sort of chest (not the normal looking one tho you get from S's), I've checked out my loot and don't see anything different in there am i just missing something.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did it look like this?

Because that should just be a thing you can select at the top of the loot section and open with no key

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's summoner icons from the old honor system

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
http://i.imgur.com/7FznIA1.mp4

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 7, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The new event game mode really sucks

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

Did it look like this?

Because that should just be a thing you can select at the top of the loot section and open with no key

nah i recognize those things, this one looked more like

so a chest but not the standard key+crate and nothing looked different about my loot screen.

henkman posted:

It's summoner icons from the old honor system

oh okay that makes sense.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

I have no idea. It's the only limited avail WK skin, and it is easily her best skin :smith:

I'm really a fan of debonair by because in my head Cannon she and frosted Ariel make a very cute couple

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

She's genderbend Phoenix from DW: DS Fighter Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1HNIdgB8DE

Why do you have to assume her gender like that when you could just instead play Teemo and not worry about bringing gender into anything as you spam laugh on top of dead people's Corpses

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

Why do you have to assume her gender like that when you could just instead play Teemo and not worry about bringing gender into anything as you spam laugh on top of dead people's Corpses

he stealths after 1.5 seconds so it's too much work because you have to keep spamming move and then stop

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The number of junglers who just kind of ignore wave sizes and positioning when they Rambo in to gank is pretty staggering.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

The number of junglers who just kind of ignore wave sizes and positioning when they Rambo in to gank is pretty staggering.

to be fair, Elise is really unforgiving, but yeah, that's pretty bad

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Notice the Kalista with plenty of mana not rending, which would have been enough to kill the Nami after I got on her, and the Trist with 0 mana and Elise with all her cooldowns up. It's the details that really make it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
That had nothing to do with the minion wave lol she was only attacked by like 3 ranged creeps. Elise just walked in and did nothing for 8 seconds instead of just going into spiderform and executing the 1/2 hp trist

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Addamere posted:

I'm really a fan of debonair by because in my head Cannon she and frosted Ariel make a very cute couple

I considered that, but I settled on Neon. I'm convinced Neon's incredibly flashy silhouette and effects helps ensure pubbies follow the Punches into teamfights

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Addamere posted:

must be a bad Fiora then, Garen is ridiculously easy to outplay early game

I eat Garens for breakfast

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jesus, this guys a loving monster! Watch out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm honestly scared of that dude

• Locked thread