Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

deadgoon posted:

i like how trump is a racist supernazi rapist hellman but suddenly its okay to collaborate with him

tell him he is "good boy" so he burns down all the bridges uniting him with the GOP and turning them against him and each other while sacrificing nothing, isnt a bad thing. yeah i am sure they will gently caress it up with hubris or some sorkin bullshit about fairness but for now i am ok with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Naerasa posted:

Collaborating with him increases the likelihood that his base will turn on him, which means congress will be more willing to impeach him.

If collaborating with him kicks off his undoing, then collaborating with him is the correct call.

Then again, nothing matters, etc., so collaborating will be as pointless as not collaborating and this gay stormy earth will inevitably devour us all.

impeaching him is the worst possible scenario at this point. president pence

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

lol congress dealing with the holes in the gephardt rule would be amazing

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
How is Trump doing today now that he is an honorary Democrat?

I saw Paul Ryan on the news this morning having a loving stroke, it made my morning wood twice as hard.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Typo posted:

welp bitchell's base is turning on him

Nothing yet on the_donald but /pol/ is fracturing and arguing about what this REALLY means and calling him "very, very foolish"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

trump actually told the reporters on AF1 yesterday that debt ceiling increases should be a matter of course bc they are that important

so even trump knows its bullshit that the debt ceiling can be utilized by republicans against their own majority

he really does hate the GOP

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Al! posted:

Ideally, Pence gets dragged down in the same vortex, but you're more than likely correct.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
removing, the, debt, ceiling, is, a, good, idea,

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
did they say to trump did they say,

"mr president daddy trump sir, this whole debt ceiling thing could gently caress up the stock market, let's fix it"

and trump agreed because the one thing he wants to do is keep taking credit for the stock market doing whatever it has been doing

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

lmao

TRUMP

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it suddenly occurs to me that thanks to this thread and Twitter, I find out about news stories hours before most news/politics junkies do, and days before much of the population does

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have eaten two Chocodiles today, I'm not sure that was one of my brighter ideas

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

god, how is 2018 going to top 2017

i propose we name every year hence '2017'

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

in the court of the smoothbrain king

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

20 years have passed since the escalator

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ACLUofKY/status/905763778482057216

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nothing yet on the_donald but /pol/ is fracturing and arguing about what this REALLY means and calling him "very, very foolish"

everyone at the_donald is internally debating how to write a post that spins this semi positively while still expressing their disaappointmnt, so that they don't get banned for speaking against daddy trump lol

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

it suddenly occurs to me that thanks to this thread and Twitter, I find out about news stories hours before most news/politics junkies do, and days before much of the population does

it'a kinda weird

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah twitter really bigly sucks but if it's going to be what journos use to break stories ahead of time, then i am genuinely glad that there are people in this thread willing to comb through its poo poo psis interface and system to bring us the good stuff here, itt, where i am much more comfortable reading things

thank you brave twitter browsers

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

alnilam posted:

everyone at the_donald is internally debating how to write a post that spins this semi positively while still expressing their disaappointmnt, so that they don't get banned for speaking against daddy trump lol

if you don't pivot alongside him on each of his whims, you can never be a true supporter :colbert:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bill!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LOL

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Al! posted:

Not just for the fact he is horrible and loves horses. People wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to politics with him and he would be able to actually pass poo poo without huge uproars.

Much rather watch the poo poo storm that is Trump as he burns it all down!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

twitter actually owns

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

pelosi and schumer are gonna agree to a repeal of the debt ceiling in a way that blocks any increases to social spending, forever

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

twitter is also insanely bad

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

we had all of the pieces to put together the russian collaboration stuff literally six months before it received any attention at all from normal people

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lmfao it actually is the pivot

Holy poo poo

hey now let's not say things we can't take back

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Trump wants to repeal that debt ceiling? That's actually, like, a good idea. I'm confused.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Naerasa posted:

Collaborating with him increases the likelihood that his base will turn on him, which means congress will be more willing to impeach him.

If collaborating with him kicks off his undoing, then collaborating with him is the correct call.

Then again, nothing matters, etc., so collaborating will be as pointless as not collaborating and this gay stormy earth will inevitably devour us all.

My thoughts exactly. The GOP is never going to impeach a Republican President--no matter what Mueller finds. That Republican President turns into a Democrat--I'd bet the GOP would trample each other in the rush to impeach and put Pence in power.

Would seem like a great idea... But Pence in power could be even worse. If Pence comes into power after Trump has two years in office, America faces the chance Pence serves out Trump's term then gets elected for two more of his own. Tough to choose what is worse for America--four years of Trump or ten years of Pence.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/conor64/status/905762751129182209

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

sloppo posted:

lmao

TRUMP

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

comingafteryouall posted:

pelosi and schumer are gonna agree to a repeal of the debt ceiling in a way that blocks any increases to social spending, forever

it's called a grand bargain and the democrats have been lusting for it my entire adult life

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

deadgoon posted:

i like how trump is a racist supernazi rapist hellman but suddenly its okay to collaborate with him

Democrats should make sure grandma gets her SS cheques

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bahahahaha what the literal actual gently caress is happening

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
regular brain

Zikan posted:

twitter is also insanely bad
expanding brain

Zikan posted:

twitter actually owns
cosmic brain

Junkyard Poodle posted:

it'a kinda weird

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

trump will save america

maga

god drat its happening you guys i can feel the red white and blue coursing through my veins

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

deadgoon posted:

If he's willing to gently caress up his own bargaining position and strengthen ours by agreeing to bad deals, then I'll take those deals every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hahahahaha what in the hell

• Locked thread