Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ExplodingSims posted:

The first world-iest of problems right here.

no you don't understand, he's literally shaking just thinking of the devastation caused by this hurricane cuz he almost went on holiday to one of the affected areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Um there's a poo poo ton of islands in the Caribbean to chose from, not a big deal.

Or just go to the Keys, doesn't look like they will get affected all that much.

...what? Keys are gonna get hit its a 400 mile diameter storm.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ExplodingSims posted:

Seriously. People are dead, but what about my vacation. :derp:
I hope someday you realize what an rear end in a top hat this makes you look like.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Hawaii?
Too expensive :sigh:

nm posted:

I hope someday you realize what an rear end in a top hat this makes you look like.

it's extremely discouraging that all these apocalyptic events that are directly related to global warming are devastating the planet right now, to the point that people are dying from the most powerful storm in history and our glorious leader would rather plug his ears and yell about how global warming is a myth and it's destroying these beautiful places that many people may never get to visit due to becoming uninhabitable.

sorry i'm not exactly great at expanding on all my feelings wrt the current devastation affecting the people living there, and tangentially, my vacation plans, at six in the morning. never meant to come off as some kind of rear end in a top hat about it :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

...what? Keys are gonna get hit its a 400 mile diameter storm.

The severe devastating winds are maybe a 50 mile diameter at best. The further out of the center the less of a big deal, and the center is forecast to go over Miami north.

This is why everyone is freaking out because they don't understand how a hurricane works.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

sorry i'm not exactly great at expanding on all my feelings wrt the current devastation affecting the people living there, and tangentially, my vacation plans, at six in the morning. never meant to come off as some kind of rear end in a top hat about it :)

I think TT was well-intentioned, just put down a thought instead of the entirety of his thoughts. People are dying, and these storms are monsters (and Jose may be yet another). There are huge problems in our world right now, and in our country especially. That doesn't mean that we don't have to continue living our own lives the best we can... sometimes this even includes vacations!

Now, on the other hand, THIS is an rear end in a top hat:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-hurricane-irma-florida-sheriff-jail-shelter-20170906-story.html

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

ExplodingSims posted:

Guys he's just trolling us, remember?

:ohdear:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity :shobon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

I think TT was well-intentioned, just put down a thought instead of the entirety of his thoughts. People are dying, and these storms are monsters (and Jose may be yet another). There are huge problems in our world right now, and in our country especially. That doesn't mean that we don't have to continue living our own lives the best we can... sometimes this even includes vacations!

:yeah:
i should also note that i havent been on more than a weekend trip in three years and for mental health reasons i really am going to need to see the sun and sit on a beach this winter or else i may possibly lose it

also also gently caress that cop

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

By "mental health reasons" you mean "living in michigan" right?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

By "mental health reasons" you mean "living in michigan" right?

yeah that and losing the baby was super hard on my wife (and me to a lesser extent) so we just need to get the gently caress out and sit on a beach where it's 85F all the time

also i read somewhere that this winter is going to especially suck because of, you guessed it, global warming!!! which means i'll be working from home a lot... which means i'll probably be an alcoholic come march

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hey if you drink single malt islay you arent a drunk. Youre distinguished.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah that and losing the baby was super hard on my wife (and me to a lesser extent) so we just need to get the gently caress out and sit on a beach where it's 85F all the time

also i read somewhere that this winter is going to especially suck because of, you guessed it, global warming!!! which means i'll be working from home a lot... which means i'll probably be an alcoholic come march

Obligatory "quit 'cher bitchin', move if you don't like it" post. Winters are fine in Detroit, we don't really get that much snow it's just cold and dark for what feels like forever.

Get a RWD or AWD car (or anything but a saturn ion) with snow tires and have fun with winter driving, even though we've gotten little snow for the past couple winters.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, the comments TT made aren't the entirety of his thoughts on the hurricane situation, just the current foremost ones.

Similarly, I think it looks pretty bad, and I hope everyone will be ok, but the only way it directly affects me is in wondering if it'll incapacitate a laboratory I need to do some work for me. So any comments I make would be regarding that.

Adiabatic posted:

Hey if you drink single malt islay you arent a drunk. Youre distinguished.
Depends how many bottles you get through a week, mind.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

we just need to get the gently caress out and sit on a beach where it's 85F all the time

I realized this at a young age growing up in Wisconsin and visiting FL during the winter. I loathed the winter so here I am :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So what's the line between disgusting and distinguished? Vomiting in public vs private?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I always thought it was being able to grow a mustache.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

Obligatory "quit 'cher bitchin', move if you don't like it" post. Winters are fine in Detroit, we don't really get that much snow it's just cold and dark for what feels like forever.

Get a RWD or AWD car (or anything but a saturn ion) with snow tires and have fun with winter driving, even though we've gotten little snow for the past couple winters.

I have come to hate the cold and I feel like it gets so cold here that it can't snow. If it's going to be miserably cold (read: below 40°) at least give us some snow so it's brighter and pretty outside

But yeah currently the plan is to sell the ion (or scrap it, who knows) and get a newish STi or Focus RS in a few years while I drive my wife's G6 and get her some type of SUV so we can fully embrace our suburban DINK destiny

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I will happily trade places with you I cannot stand Florida anymore. Constantly being super hot and humid all the time is the worst.

I would love to experience an actually cold season regularly.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol have you never experienced it? Be careful what you wish for :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I have come to hate the cold and I feel like it gets so cold here that it can't snow. If it's going to be miserably cold (read: below 40°) at least give us some snow so it's brighter and pretty outside

But yeah currently the plan is to sell the ion (or scrap it, who knows) and get a newish STi or Focus RS in a few years while I drive my wife's G6 and get her some type of SUV so we can fully embrace our suburban DINK destiny

Whatup I grew up in west Michigan where the winters are long and the snow is deep. "Oh another snowstorm, probably 7 inches by morning :toot: thanks lake effect" and I'll never live somewhere cold if I can help it. Irma is shaking the idea of living in Florida a little but I'm never moving back into the midwest, gently caress, I hate that place.

Speaking of Irma

Put a van where it doesn't belong, in our guest house.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Come to California where it's 110 in the bay area.

KakerMix posted:

haha this owns.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

I will happily trade places with you I cannot stand Florida anymore. Constantly being super hot and humid all the time is the worst.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

So what's the line between disgusting and distinguished? Vomiting in public vs private?
That, and still turning up to work the next day without anyone twigging.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Born in Minneapolis, live in Minneapolis, never moving from Minneapolis.

"The cold keeps the bad people out." ~Prince

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Snow is dope.

Literal drugs from the sky.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

cursedshitbox posted:

Come to California where it's 110 in the bay area.
Its not 110 in the bay area. Hell its like 82 today in Sac. (It was 110 here two weeks ago)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I moved from FL to NC because I can tolerate summer as long as it's shorter than THE WHOLE loving YEAR. It's nice to have sample-strength seasons (except for summer).

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

Its not 110 in the bay area. Hell its like 82 today in Sac. (It was 110 here two weeks ago)

It was last weekend. :v: It's like 70 here right now.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I would rather spend the rest of my days swimming through atmosphere soup on a sidewalk than spend one more winter in Grand Rapids MI.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Rain, snow, hail, whatever--I just want some drat precipitation to knock back these fires and this omnipresent smoke.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Wrar posted:

I moved from FL to NC because I can tolerate summer as long as it's shorter than THE WHOLE loving YEAR. It's nice to have sample-strength seasons (except for summer).
Seriously, I just want to live somewhere that the constitution is respected and there are 4 distinct seasons per year. A little snow I'm ok with. A little 100* I'm ok with. But I don't want excessive amounts of either.

cursedshitbox posted:

It was last weekend. :v: It's like 70 here right now.
It was only 104 for 2 days. And you had *this* for August.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...gic=&reqdb.wmo=

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

ExplodingSims posted:

Yesssssssssssssssssssss

For any of you pansys who can't hack the cold anymore (ps heat sucks, so I'm a warm-weather pansy), get a snowmobile and suddenly winter becomes infinitely fun. Goddamn I love sledding.
Sims - come up and visit and come for a rip with me.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

I would rather spend the rest of my days swimming through atmosphere soup on a sidewalk than spend one more winter in Grand Rapids MI.

Yeah but you live in eastern VA now so you get season-samples too. It's the best.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I know this is hyperbole, but really that never happens. Except with the Alligators, but they are sweethearts :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

Speaking of Irma

I was wondering what you were going to do with these... :3:

Hope it misses.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Why not live in a hot place with near by mountains? Get snow on demand!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Holy poo poo. I don't get scared driving cars, I'm pretty much comfortable with anything they do or can do. And I just got scared driving my neighbor's '98 ML320.

He stopped me as I was mowing and said that he had a "rattle" and wanted me to look at it. He just had the catalytic convertors replaced, so I said it was probably a heat shield rattling after heat cycling a couple times. He left the keys and I took it out.

It felt normal and I didn't know wtf he was talking about, then I got to ~45 and all of a sudden there was a shudder/CLUNKCLUNK the shook and thudded through the whole car. It felt like a major corner of the suspension collapsed. I babied it home, checked out all four corners and didn't see anything.

I took it out again, putting it in low range first, and didn't see anything. Then I put it back in normal range and it did it again. Wow.

Looks like something either in the front differential, transfer case or transmission, but gently caress, that's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Could be a broken CV.

• Locked thread