Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

NtotheTC posted:

I'd want to kill myself faster if I were a Ferrari fan too.

Y'all are doing a great job of demonstrating why tobacco sponsors shouldn't be allowed in F1, if you'd asked me before reading this I'd have scoffed and said "No-one is dumb enough to start smoking just because they saw it on a race car, let them have the sponsors back" but there you go

Isn't the issue more they already smoke, but make their choice of brand based on sponsorship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Theophany posted:

Sounds like a loving breadstick.

Lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Theophany posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Thread title.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Schlesische posted:

If you give Rosberg a car that is going to win every race, and he's focused enough, he'll challenge a significantly better driver to a point where all he needs is a tiny bit of luck to beat him.

A tiny bit of luck, give me a loving break, it took Niki Lauda mashing a big red button labeled "Blow up the Brit's engine" while cackling at several different races

poty fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 7, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dudley posted:

I think they're mostly streaming career mode and you can only start in Sauber/Toro Rosso/McLaren in that. (Last year iirc swap McLaren for Renault there)

This is straight wrong?

You can career mode as anybody.

mrfart posted:

the F1 2017 game looks fun. Thought about maybe giving it a try.
Then i looked at the prices of steering wheel controllers.

Not gonna happen.
Unless I find one in the bin.

Get a job

I got a wheel 5 years ago and its still in perfect condition. They're expensive but so are game consoles or computers or race cars or anything fun.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 7, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

A tiny bit of luck, give me a loving break, it took Niki Lauda mashing a big red button labeled "Blow up the Brit's engine" while cackling on several different races

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Powershift posted:

why can't marlboro put out a vape pen and then advertise MARLBORO vape pens on the side of the ferrari.

poo poo they should sell bottled water or something, that's a pretty genius scheme

I don't smoke cigs except when I'm drunk around friends who smoke, but drat if I don't miss the cigarette liveries

Its weird they don't allow cig advertisements but there's alcohol everywhere, even on the loving steering wheel (talk about mixed messages "please don't drink and drive! Now check out this sick Johnnie Walker steering wheel")

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 7, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I am literally yelling GIVE BACK LEWIS' CHAMPIONSHIP YOU CHEATER THIEF at the screen right now

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

I am literally yelling GIVE BACK LEWIS' CHAMPIONSHIP YOU CHEATER THIEF at the screen right now

Have you considered Xanax?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Be chill my friend and get on the Stroll train :getin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Its weird they don't allow cig advertisements but there's alcohol everywhere, even on the loving steering wheel (talk about mixed messages "please don't drink and drive! Now check out this sick Johnnie Walker steering wheel")

Never really understood this line of thinking. Putting an alcohol ad on a car doesn't imply drinking alcohol while driving a car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The last third of the season is going to be glorious for Lance Stroll

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

The last third of the season is going to be glorious for Lance Stroll

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Never really understood this line of thinking. Putting an alcohol ad on a car doesn't imply drinking alcohol while driving a car.

People are retarded and need something to worry about.

I seriously think we're probably 3-4 years away from champagne on the podium being banned if we continue down this nanny state hand holding horseshit.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

It depends on the circumstances but I'd say if your developing a car go for speed first over everything else. Reliability comes later.

Usually the way to get more reliability is to run things at slower settings anyway so always design for speed

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quit posting that hack instagram model in the F1 thread.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I seriously think we're probably 3-4 years away from champagne on the podium being banned if we continue down this nanny state hand holding horseshit.

No, we need the new GoPro-mounted-on-the-champagne-bottle-POV-moneyshot-cam.

Also, I hope Marcus Ericsson is shitfaced when he's driving, that would at least explain his ineptitude.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

MotoGP is this weekend and just lol if you aren't watching it.

lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW-IiDAh69y/?hl=en

Dreamy :swoon:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Anyone know where I can buy this very fine time piece? TIA

https://twitter.com/lance_stroll/status/834371160389349377

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Start a countdown to Rosberg "retiring" from instagram

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

You can tell millenials / aka the permanently offended generation don't watch F1 because there aren't lovely Salon articles titled "We need to talk about grid girls".
Probably OK with our tacit cigarettes and whiskey ads for now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

90% of this thread is millennials, probably. And we hella should get rid of grid girls.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Grid girls are fine. The only thing I read about grid girls is the Spanish race in MotoGP was getting a bit upset over it and wanted to have grid dudes as well so it's gender neutral which I'm also fine with.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

90% of this thread is millennials, probably. And we hella should get rid of grid girls.

Oh they should totally go, but the lack of a call for it is interesting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's nothing wrong with a little sex appeal lads.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

wicka posted:

I'm just saying the whole advertisement thing is silly. Cigarettes no, alcohol yes? If anything it should be the other way around. But its all just silly politics in the end.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

[quote="“Zaphod42”" post="“476164933”"]
I’m just saying the whole advertisement thing is silly. Cigarettes no, alcohol yes? If anything it should be the other way around. But its all just silly politics in the end.
[/quote]

You are wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Alcohol is extremely harmful, drunk driving aside.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Still radio-silence on the McLaren engine front, and Nando is being semi-provocative on instagram again
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYvEQ3qF3xq/

Doesn't seem like good news is coming.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drinking, in moderation, is perfectly safe; smoking is not.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We're at a point where banning fast food advertising is being thrown around in certain political circles, were never getting to a point where cigarettes are advertised again.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

There is a Super GT and ex Super Formula driver named Bertrand Baguette.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Cocaine, in moderation, is perfectly safe.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Can confirm

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alot of things in moderation is perfectly safe but again I have to refer back to people being retarded.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

I don't disagree, but smokers don't get to the level of dysfunction where they gently caress up their entire lives and need rehab. There is a level of double standards when it comes to 'here's what you're allowed to advertise and here's what you're not,' especially given that Philip Morris just extended their deal with Ferrari and they cannot explicitly state their brand (we know it's the colour scheme) and yet the booze cart Williams is totally fine. Even in the Middle East they're allowing the livery, but just force them to remove the word 'Martini,' just as they did in the latter days of tobacco advertising.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think tobacco advertising gets a poo poo rap because of the way they went about inserting themselves into films and poo poo and are paying for it now. I've never got set off watching a character have a drink in a film but any time a character smoked I'd immediately reach for my pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Cocaine, in moderation, is perfectly safe.

I can confirm. When not used in moderation, it has bad side effects, such as https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814128&userid=82526

• Locked thread