Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Went shopping today, couldnt decide between the Dukes or the Blade, lot of Coquettes and Dominators out there too

Probably cost less for this then the shark cards to buy a digital copy of it

Sweet graphics bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Went shopping today, couldnt decide between the Dukes or the Blade, lot of Coquettes and Dominators out there too

Probably cost less for this then the shark cards to buy a digital copy of it

That's a nice tornado in the way back.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phweengee posted:

Does completing smuggling missions leave product clutter around the hangar like the office or mc? I kinda think it wouldn't, since I didn't see that happening for the bunker and this seems similar but not completely sure.

On a related note, if I buy a safe for my office, will the piles of money laying around everywhere get cleaned up? This is getting irritating. (Just two more levels until 100. :peanut:)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

prefect posted:

On a related note, if I buy a safe for my office, will the piles of money laying around everywhere get cleaned up? This is getting irritating. (Just two more levels until 100. :peanut:)

nope

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What does the safe do? How about the gun locker? Are they both just useless decorations?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

When buying a hangar, be aware that there's a little coloured line below the decor options. This denotes the colour of the floor choices, so that your cool red star turns hideously orange, for example. It's pretty expensive to correct, too.

prefect posted:

What does the safe do? How about the gun locker? Are they both just useless decorations?

Safe reflects your account balance, IIRC, and the gun locker is paying for the privilege of not having specific guns show up in your weapon wheel.

Don't pay for the upgrade if you intend to get the bunker and MOC, because it's included with the truck.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SplitSoul posted:

Safe reflects your account balance, IIRC, and the gun locker is paying for the privilege of not having specific guns show up in your weapon wheel.

Don't pay for the upgrade if you intend to get the bunker and MOC, because it's included with the truck.

I've only got about five million dollars, so not sure I'm ready to buy bunkers and megatrucks. :(

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The gun locker is a good quality of life upgrade if you're tired of scrolling through lots of guns you don't use.

It is included with the MOC, but as you say that's waaaay more money than just adding it to the office.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

But who can argue against the beauty of a chrome big rig?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is there a way to double or triple my executive assistant's salary? And if I do that, will she stop complaining about her degrees? It's depressing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

FuturePastNow posted:

It is included with the MOC, but as you say that's waaaay more money than just adding it to the office.

True. Truck is awesome, though.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Hexenritter posted:

But who can argue against the beauty of a chrome big rig?

The person with the hot pink big rig.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 5, 2017

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I really don't like how this game basically annoys you into buying everything new. I'm not buying a hangar, Ron, I already have a hydra and that's all I want.

At least Malc shut up about the drat laptop when Ron started calling.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's at least quick to get rid of the phone calls, I guess. It's not so great when someone calls you at the very start of a mission, literally before your assistant can give you the mission details.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

CascadeBeta posted:

Whens the big rig car show? Do we have enough to re enact the scene from end of Smokey & The Bandit where the truckers line up and the Bandit drives along the top and then they peel off when the cops try to use it?

fakeedit: hell should do this some night for a photo op. Whats the most stuff you can call out at the same time? MOC, a personal vehicle, a pegasus vehicle, and a plane? I don't recall if leaving a car outside the hangar and then leaving in a plane puts the car back to storage so maybe one or the other.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 5, 2017

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
It's personal plane OR vehicle, but you can still have one of those, a pegasus vehicle, a CEO vehicle and the MOC out at the same time.

e: maybe the AA trailer too? I forget what category that falls under.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ripper Swarm posted:

It's personal plane OR vehicle, but you can still have one of those, a pegasus vehicle, a CEO vehicle and the MOC out at the same time.

e: maybe the AA trailer too? I forget what category that falls under.

The AA trailer is a personal vehicle. you can't have it out at the same time as a personal car or plane.

The game has also gotten super strict about this. You used to have a personal vehicle out with people around, and bring a second one out without the first disappearing. Now as soon as you bring a vehicle out, your last one disappears, no exceptions.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Too bad you can't cargobob a MOC trailer on top of another on top of another like Yertle the Turtle

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Thank you SplitSoul!

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Have they changed something about the Deliver the EMP mission? Suddenly my old order of killing everyone doesn't work anymore. Like, I'll pop the guys working on the car and the scientists behind them will aggro, which definitely didn't happen before. It's like they tightened up the reaction time.

Unless my teammates were loving it up and the game was blaming me instead.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Thoughtless posted:

Have they changed something about the Deliver the EMP mission? Suddenly my old order of killing everyone doesn't work anymore. Like, I'll pop the guys working on the car and the scientists behind them will aggro, which definitely didn't happen before. It's like they tightened up the reaction time.

Unless my teammates were loving it up and the game was blaming me instead.

I swear that using a rifle there, even silenced fucks, you. The bullets go through the dudes, hit the truck and other NPCs hear that and alert.

I have had this happen several times with a silenced rifle and never with a silenced 50 pistol or silenced smg.

Or, I may be crazy.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

prefect posted:

Is there a way to double or triple my executive assistant's salary? And if I do that, will she stop complaining about her degrees? It's depressing.

Hire the male assistant.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

taters posted:

Hire the male assistant.

I prefer working with/taking orders from women, whenever possible. :shobon:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

taters posted:

Hire the male assistant.

He's definitely less grating to me but that may be because I've had the female assistant from the beginning.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
E: fffff wrong pic keeps uploading

E2:
Everyone ran off when I placed these, but I killed myself from inside the APC after tilting the SAM battery so it would stay like that. When I ran back all the NPCs had returned:rznv:

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 6, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's at least quick to get rid of the phone calls, I guess. It's not so great when someone calls you at the very start of a mission, literally before your assistant can give you the mission details.

Or when someone calls you as you're trying to shoot someone in the face

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

taters posted:

Hire the male assistant.

I'd love an assistant who wasn't so annoying, but I'm not ready to break gender norms just yet.

Says the guy with the pink jets, fruity outfits and the fruitiest possible gun colors and liveries.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

prefect posted:

I prefer working with/taking orders from women, whenever possible. :shobon:

tell me more :allears:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CascadeBeta posted:

That would certainly match my Kuruma, but a war rig that was indeed shiny and chrome was too much to pass up.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coupedeville posted:

tell me more :allears:

Guys have a tendency to be bigger jerks. :shrug:

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Is the bunker research tree random? I wanna unlock the heavy Tampa Armour dammit, not some bullshit knockoff Versace camo. I'm not even manufacturing anything, I've just shoved everyone over to Research.

And what's this poo poo about bunker security, can Johnny Pubs raid my supplies or is it like the single player "lol ur weedshop is being robbed rite now" deal?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Dilettante. posted:

Is the bunker research tree random?

what does your heart tell you goonbro

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

coupedeville posted:

what does your heart tell you goonbro

It's telling me the Tampa Armour is gonna be the last thing I unlock. :smith:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I feel lucky for the tech tree my bunker took, I got all good stuff for like the first 10(opressor rockets, tampa armor, epxlosive snipers, prox mines, etc) then a poo poo load of liverys and then the last few were the alternate mags(full metal, hollow point)

There is a glitch somehow that if you don't like the next unlock, you can force quit out on a specific tick of the research bar(or some voodoo glitch poo poo), and it'll bring a new random item for the next unlock. I'm sure you can google it if ya want to try your luck

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Or you could just fast track your way through the tech tree!

... For $11.5 million. :shepicide:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

CascadeBeta posted:

Or you could just fast track your way through the tech tree!

... For $11.5 million. :shepicide:

That's only about 1 1/2 Shark Cards. What a deal! :shepspends:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Anybody know how much $ in sales I need in each biker biz to max the clutter in my MC clubhouse? I own all of the businesses upgraded and want to max everything out. They're currently shut down but I'm through being reasonable and want a crazy goal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I got all my stats up to 100 today. :smuggo:

(The secret to improving strength? Golf.)

Also, the spacebar is how you dive underwater. Learned that.

And there's a thing called "stealth mode". Who knew? (It's left Ctrl, and it's a toggle, so you don't have to wear your hand out.)

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

prefect posted:

I only started playing again recently and kept forgetting how to swim upwards, had some pretty close calls getting into a panic and almost drowning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prefect posted:

I got all my stats up to 100 today. :smuggo:

(The secret to improving strength? Golf.)

And there's a thing called "stealth mode". Who knew? (It's left Ctrl, and it's a toggle, so you don't have to wear your hand out.)

woah, woah woah, slow down, let me grab a pen.

• Locked thread