Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
you can call ben carson an idiot dumbfuck and it not be racist because he is an idiotdumb gently caress. quibbling over the latent racism behind it is kinda besides the point because all white people are racist anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<--a black man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's not racist to criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot but guess what, people criticize minority idiots way harder and way more frequently because they're minorities and the whole entirety of recorded history proves this so stop whining when that's pointed out to you.

please check the histograms of criticism rates before criticizing a complete fool, lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's not racist to criticize Ben Carson for being an idiot but guess what, people criticize minority idiots way harder and way more frequently because they're minorities and the whole entirety of recorded history proves this so stop whining when that's pointed out to you.

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

you can call ben carson an idiot dumbfuck and it not be racist because he is an idiotdumb gently caress. quibbling over the latent racism behind it is kinda besides the point because all white people are racist anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<--a black man

I disagree but instead of criticizing Im going to pretend you dont exist

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[10 second pause] The bernie bros are at it again

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
Being dumb about everything except something that is sterotypically a smart person thing is Ben Carson's Pokemon speech.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
At least Friend Ben was actually funny (not on purpose, but that doesn't matter)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Being dumb about everything except something that is sterotypically a smart person thing is Ben Carson's Pokemon speech.

You mean Herman Cain?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV_11_q6Hc

Herman Cain saying he's a house negro too was pretty funny.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hodgepodge posted:

That's Herman Cain, you racist :colbert:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

see this is mild racism. look at it folks, these are the posts you shouldnt make

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i always think of that video mike tyson was in whenever herman cain is mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJCYZ06IGI

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is true, but it's never really a reasonable rebuttal to an individual (unless the individual reveals their racism in some other way, in which case you would just focus on that instead).

A good analogy is the topic of Israel. The fact that a minority of "anti-Israel" people disproportionately focus on Israel due to some degree of antisemitism is true, but it doesn't really change the fact that Israel is actually evil. The attacks on Israel aren't the problem in such a case (unless they're obviously racist in nature), so much as the general culture/environment that lead to an undercurrent of antisemitism.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You mean Herman Cain?

Herman Cain saying he's a house negro too was pretty funny.

definitely a lot funnier than bill maher saying it but probably still in poor taste

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

<--a black man

but he's a brain surgeon! you cant say a BLACK brain surgeon is a dumbass just because he's a dumbass about everything that isnt brain surgery!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

this.

also my mother is a nurse and lots of the surgeons she worked with were idiots with things like money or being functioning adults outside of their profession.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

I'm not sure why it was hard to parse that I was comparing Carson to Cain :shrug:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm not sure why it was hard to parse that I was comparing Carson to Cain :shrug:

because the joke was haha dont these two blacks look alike

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yea he wasn't actually saying that. But glad you are so "woke" that anything that can possibly be interpreted as racist must be racist.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

all white people are racist

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

yeah, that's the only possible point of comparison between two guys who were the one black dude in successive republican primaries and who didn't really take it very seriously by the end

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Hi racist I'm Dad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

yeah, that's the only possible point of comparison between two guys who were the one black dude in successive republican primaries and who didn't really take it very seriously by the end

Aw no love for alan keyes? Altho I guess that wasnt successive

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

please check the histograms of criticism rates before criticizing a complete fool, lol

Good to see liberal racism (and the denial of it) is still alive and well lol

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Guys I'm just making fun of someone on a forum where people get made fun of! What's the problem?

*ignores all of recorded history*

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Guys MY JOKES are more important than basic decency and I hide behind the "comedy forum" excuse like the liberal coward that I am

lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Blue Train posted:

Aw no love for alan keyes? Altho I guess that wasnt successive

did he do funny stuff?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

i always think of that video mike tyson was in whenever herman cain is mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJCYZ06IGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19udwGwZ3kg

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Imagine how unfun the primaries would have been if sleepiness was a black stereotype.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hodgepodge posted:

did he do funny stuff?

supported repubs despite being black

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

got any sevens posted:

supported repubs despite being black

eh, carson and cain put in extra effort; although they were also candidates in the meme era, which increases comedy value of all but the blandest candidates

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Imagine how unfun the primaries would have been if sleepiness was a black stereotype.

it is, actually. blacks being shiftless, lazy, nap loving, has always been a racist trope. the reason it never came up for Carson is because he was on the right team.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Guys MY JOKES are more important than basic decency and I hide behind the "comedy forum" excuse like the liberal coward that I am

lmao

I've only ever been 100% serious in calling Carson pathetic. Guy should stick to neurosurgery, where he actually helps people, and stop contributing to the ruination of lives by filling a role he's unsuited for and supporting Trump. I think he stood out to me because he made such an rear end of himself during the campaign, but perhaps I simply have unexamined issues with race and would appreciate an extremely lengthy PM from somebody correcting me.

Tiny Timbs has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Sep 8, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it is, actually. blacks being shiftless, lazy, nap loving, has always been a racist trope. the reason it never came up for Carson is because he was on the right team.

Well, laziness is still different than just being really good at sleeping. In fact Ben Carson's sleepiness is the opposite of lazy because he's found ways to actually sleep while performing his job.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

lmao

this but ironically

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Except that playing respectability politics with a mildly retarded reactionary icon is pretty peak liberalism there bud

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

people who dont like henry kissinger are anti-semites

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

jon stewart had a kinda messed up herman cain impression and when the one black guy on the show asked him not to use it jon freaked the gently caress out at him lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uckxN7-sY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Comedy Central is a woke brand in general